ALCOA softball

hoopcoach1

Stone Memorial has won this district each year since they joined it. Kingston and Loudon have been making them fight for it tho. Scott Co and CAK have not been in the chase lately. Not sure what Alcoa brings into their new district, but they should expect to battle Stone, Kingston and Loudon for title again. Depends on who is pitching. Loudon graduated theirs, heard Kingston lost one, and heard Stone's may be hurt.

How about a Knox county report? Alcoa has a senior pitcher if she can stay healthy,and a soph.that filled the gap last year as a freshman. don't no much else. WB has Tuck on the mound with Cameron behind plate should be much stronger this year than last in my opinion. Maryville has DEPTH, and a little soph. named Cricket to bunt if needed :?: Heritage ????. anyone else have OPINIONS. Season

is here.

Stone Memorial has eliminated Seymore in the first round of the region the last 2 years but has had trouble getting by Unicoi county and Gibbs. Stone is returning with 8 starters from last year.4 seniors,3 juniors,1 sophomore. Their freshman class is looking good. They are ready to get out of the gym and onto the dirt, if the weather will ever cooperate......... Cak should have good pitching this year....Kingston could be a tough team to beat (They will be hosting the district tourn.)....I don't have any info on Alcoa, but would be interested to find out more about their team.......Loudon has a new coach and some rebuilding to do.......Scott county may be a little better this year, I heard they had pretty good pitcher who transfered there.....Hopefully there will be fewer rain outs this year, last season was mud bath.

Thank's for the info. So what do any of these teams bring to the field? how far will any of them go.

What about the rest of the blount county teams? Anyone.........? :popcorneater:

Maryville appears to have a lot coming back from last year's state tournament run.... William Blount does have Tuck to shut down opposing bats and should be better .... Heritage will have several new faces

Kingston has a young squad but fairly talented. M. Gaines, sophmore, will be the starting pitcher (really the only pitcher). A few freshmen will see playing time most likely.

It sounds like Stone will be the team in everyones sights. CAK will have some very good pitching but not sure about anything else.

Come on March 15 :popcorneater: .