Unicoi Lady Devils

uchsbball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the heckling comment also. I was at the game and am not real sure that they got their facts straight. The usual referee heckling was going on of course, but not once did I hear anyone from the stands say or do anything that would be considered "heckling" to a Cumberland player. The gym wasn't very full and you could hear everything, and I never heard anything said to a player, only the referees. And the Cumberland fans, though low in number, were giving their fair share to the referees, too. I think that Mr. Tester may have been a ways off base with that comment in the Press.

ms, surley your not stating that the mighty jc press might be wrong or blowing something out of proportion. Mr. Tester along with Mr. Fritz have never done anything like that. Maybe you should check your memory again. The press facts are facts. On the serious side congrats to the Lady Devils. Do you think they have anything for the Rebels? Haven't seen South Greene play but they did destory a not very good Happy Valley team that played the Lady Devils somewhat close. Let us know your insight and what they would have to do to pull what many would call a small upset.

Blue Devils were lucky to escape last night. CG is a good team though. Honestly, I do not see us beating SG. If we compete like we competed against Eliz on monday, we will be in the game. This is still a very young Blue Devil team. They have gotten better as the year goes on.

As for the heckling, I didnt see what the paper was talking about either. Those JC Press guys sometimes see things thru rose colored glasses or in Fitz's case through orange colored glassesI

I wonder what Fitz will do next year. His youngest daughter is a senior. His keen interest and coverage in cyclone BB began when he was coaching there, and continued through both his daughters careers. We call him Homer Fitz over here on the Cove. haha

Eliz should beat Greeneville although it could be a close game. Since Eliz hasnt played a true close game all year, will they tighten up?? Greeneville could win, but it will take an off game by eliz's guns.

Region One will have two teams in the Boro----I see both SG and Eliz making it.

Go Blue Devils. Prove me wrong!!!

As for Fish retiring, that talk has gone on for a couple years. With his team so young, the next two years should be better, and with both SG and Eliz graduating so many of their studs this year and next, 2011 or better yet,2012 may be the year Fish gets lady devils way down the road When he does retire, I wouldnt be surprised to see Unaka's old coach considered.

Good to hear from some of you Unicoi fans again. Been a quite year for some of you. Yes Unicoi is young and they have improved but I do agree they might have a hard time with South Greene. The pressure (again not sure about this year because I haven't seen them) they put on you is alot like Elizabethton's, maybe more a zone type, but still a lot of pressure and Unicoi didn't handle that all that well. As far as Coach Fisher leaving I would be surprised mainly since his granddaughter is playing and I'm sure he wouldn't want to leave her to someone new. The job would be a high profile job and I'm sure many would want to have it. A big name coach with a lot of success would probably be given the first consideration. Good luck Lady Devils. Would be great to see you win.

Blue Devils were lucky to escape last night. CG is a good team though. Honestly, I do not see us beating SG. If we compete like we competed against Eliz on monday, we will be in the game. This is still a very young Blue Devil team. They have gotten better as the year goes on.

As for the heckling, I didnt see what the paper was talking about either. Those JC Press guys sometimes see things thru rose colored glasses or in Fitz's case through orange colored glassesI

I wonder what Fitz will do next year. His youngest daughter is a senior. His keen interest and coverage in cyclone BB began when he was coaching there, and continued through both his daughters careers. We call him Homer Fitz over here on the Cove. haha

Eliz should beat Greeneville although it could be a close game. Since Eliz hasnt played a true close game all year, will they tighten up?? Greeneville could win, but it will take an off game by eliz's guns.

Region One will have two teams in the Boro----I see both SG and Eliz making it.

Go Blue Devils. Prove me wrong!!!

As for Fish retiring, that talk has gone on for a couple years. With his team so young, the next two years should be better, and with both SG and Eliz graduating so many of their studs this year and next, 2011 or better yet,2012 may be the year Fish gets lady devils way down the road When he does retire, I wouldnt be surprised to see Unaka's old coach considered.

Overall, there is some decent insight in this post. But, how does anyone from Limestone Cove justify calling anyone outside the cove "Homer"? BTW, it's "Fritz" not "Fitz." LOL :flower:

oh come on sparky, of course I know its fritz; but I like fitz better. kinda suits him dont ya think....

hope to get another chance at your cyclones wednesday. upsets do happen...... :roflol:

I hope you get another chance at the Lady Cyclones too! That would mean we both advanced to the regional finals and earned a substate birth. Monday's games should be exciting.

hello everyone...everyone is talking about how young unicoi is but 4 starters

started every game last year also and 1 off the bench played in every game

last year true they are just sophmores and 1 junior but 2 years of varsity

expierence doesnt make you young anymore.. and the freshman have 1 full

season under thier belt... this is tourney time and i bet no other team has

sophmores with more exp. than unicoi..true SG is good but our ladys have alot of heart

you all seen that friday night, they fought hard and played pretty good at times

we have to play better monday with less mistakes and we just might surprise SG

and everyone else....by the way i want to say that number 34 for unicoi played her tail

off friday night... (she is mine lol so im a little partial to her) good luck to all

It's time for Fisher to go.He has been a great coach,but the game has changed slow ball does'nt work like it did 30 yrs. ago. From what i hear the 8th. grade girls bball coach has proven herself to be a winner.

Why is it everytime someone like an older coach does some coaching people think the game has passed them by? Slow ball works if you don't have the athletes to go up and down the floor, if you don't have the depth to play many players or you don't have the shooting skills which would give the other team many chances to score themselves. Unicoi has a very good team but a team to run and gun, I would tend to agree with Coach Fisher. One of his advantages is the big kid on the inside. Go run and gun and you lose that. If they want to compete with the best teams then that is the way they should go. They are going to beat the weaker teams no matter what. Sometimes kids get tenative and it looks like the coach is trying to slow it down when in reality they want them to shoot more. Coach Fisher knows how to coach the game. Losing him would be a big loss to the program. I do believe the Jr. High coach you mentioned is his kin....