Pre-Season Play Days and Tourneys

Rumor

I see where many teams are playing more than one play day or multiple tourneys prior to the season...thought TSSAA rules were that play days count as scrimmages and you are only allowed a total of 4 scrimmages (games) .../or 2 tourneys pre-season?

It's true. The four games our team played last Saturday counted as our four scrimmages. Our coach had to cancel three other scrimmages after getting confirmation from the TSSAA on the rule. Any team playing more than four are completely disqualified for the season. But I'm sure just as players have "rolled bats" , some teams will play extra scrimmages.....and probably won't get caught. I just hope we start getting some better weather....

I wish you guys Knew what you were talking about before you make silly post.

You get 4 scrimmages and that can be on four different days or you can have two scrimmages and one play day or you can have two play days and on those days play as many teams as you would like

"Preseason Scrimmages: A school cannot practice with or scrimmage another school until both schools have practiced a minimum of three days. A school may have a maximum of 4 preseason scrimmages or 2 preseason scrimmage dates or 1 preseason scrimmage date and 2 preseason scrimmages." From the TSSAA website.