An OVERALL State Champ

toinemac

I have said on numerous occasions....TSSAA format needs to be changed. They worry more about the financial aspect, and that is important.....but not if it takes away from the product, that defeats the purpose.....I think they care more about who is coming instead of how good the product is. Quality will always defeat quanity unless, you are dealing with greed, politics and TSSAA.

I love the grand slam championship in MS, I live there (in Southaven, so I am just minutes from Memphis), it definitely puts a spin on things. Granted Callaway did win last year at 5A (MS just moved to 6A this year), but the girls grand slam is always very competitive, not saying the boy's never is. I would love to see the same thing in Tennessee!

Right. They already have the shortest season there is. How much is gained by having the girls tournament postpone the boys by a week? Who else does that? Certainly girls volleyball doesn't postpone football for a week and softball is concurrent with baseball. Why should basketball be any different? Run the girls and boys state at the same time and move on. It takes a 6 weeks for boys basketball post season to be completed. The NCAA's are shorter.

I saw in the CA today where Mississippi does a tourney with the 6 state champs and crowning an overall champ. Does anyone think we could do something like that here

That would be awesome....I am from Indiana....we didn't have classes, we had one overall champion.

OUTSTANDING...you are correct about the TRUE champion. BUT money, money and money overrules everything. It will never change