District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

Franklin has struggled through the first two series. They always end up competing and i expect nothing less this year. Indy is good but not as good as they think they are. Ravenwood is good they always fight and will compete. Brentwood has a good team led by ray and shelton. Hillsboro and centennial are trash, i think centennial got lucky against franklin and hillsboro will not take a game from franklin. this is how it will end

Indy

Ravenwood

Franklin

Brentwood

Centennial

Hillsboro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin is struggling so much hitting, but their pitching looks pretty good. They make a lot of errors (especially up the middle) and that is why they allow so many runs. From what i hear Jake Little is out for 2 weeks or something like that. They will figure it out come district tournament. They may not get past district, but they will definitely put up a fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone is back from break and we can know get into district races. Here are the current standings as we have 3 straight weeks of match ups where the district will be decided.

Ravenwood (6-0)

Independence (5-1)

Brentwood (4-2)

Franklin (2-4)

Centennial (1-5)

Hillsboro (0-6)

This week's match-ups

Ravenwood vs. Brentwood- This should be a battle as both teams are playing very well right now. Throw in the rivalry and this could be the most exciting series to date for both these squads. I see Ravenwood wining 2 out of 3 from the Bruins, but it would not surprise me to see Brentwood win 2 out of 3. This series will not be a sweep either way.

Indy vs. Franklin- This is the series I always wait for as an Indy alum. It was nice putting the Rebels into place last year. Indy has better pitching, defense and bats. Seems like the wheels are falling off over at Franklin. Seems like no one is happy over there. Indy sweeps.

Centennial vs. Hillsboro- Centennial should sweep here. It would be embarrassing if they lost one to the Burros. However, it seems like Mr. Kemp is not very happy with the situation and he is ready to get out of there. Centennial sweeps.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

After Monday's Games

Ravenwood (6-1)

Independence (6-1)

Brentwood (5-2)

Franklin (2-5)

Centennial (2-5)

Hillsboro (0-7)

Brentwood took the first game from Ravenwood as Robby Ray picked up the win. Brentwood can now jump back into the mix for the district crown. When the Bruins bats are hot they are dangerous. I see Ravenwood winning tonight and the rubber match could go either way.

Indy dominated Franklin last night. As Brian Miller only allowed 2 hits. Falletta pitched for Franklin and that was their best shot to win. He is a very good pitcher. However, the Rebels looked atrocious everywhere else. What has happened to them? Indy sweeps and takes control of their own destiny.

I am assumming Centennial beat Hillsboro. If that is not the case let us know.

Cent did dominate Hills. 17-4 or something in that range. Hills had two hits, both homeruns. Same guy hit both. As for Indy/Franklin, I was told Miller dominated, but Falletta was right behind him. Two errors by Franklin gave Indy all three runs. One throwing error on a pick off by Falletta, and a throwing error by Raley on a dropped third strike. Great pitchers game from what I heard.

What is wrong with Josh Lee? He didn't play the field and struck out three times?

Who pitched for Ravenwood last night?

Falletta pitched for Franklin and that was their best shot to win. He is a very good pitcher. However, the Rebels looked atrocious everywhere else. What has happened to them?

Nothing is wrong with the Rebels. They just aren't very good. They aren't a very good hitting team and with the exception of Joey Falletta their pitching staff is average at best. I've seen a lot of players being over-hyped on this team but Falletta should be the player being talked about. For two years I have watched this young man compete on the mound and make life difficult for opposing teams yet he barely gets mentioned. Kind of interesting since he has consistently produced at the varsity level against the better teams, not just the Hillwood's and Hillsboro's of the world.

After Tuesday's Games

Ravenwood (7-1)

Independence (7-1)

Brentwood (5-3)

Centennial (3-5)

Franklin (2-6)

Hillsboro (0-7)

Ravenwood bounced back and got a strong win over Brentwood. They play the rubber match today and I see Ravenwood taking the series from Brentwood. Brentwood will need a strong pitching performance today if they want a chance to take the series from the Raptors.

Indy continued its dominance over Franklin last night. Mr. Wilson stays perfect on the mound. Both teams looked awful defensively. Eagles look to be joining the Raptors as the best two teams in the district. How did Franklin go from competing every game last year to not even coming close. They basically returned everyone in their lineup except Matthew Young? Any Rebel fans want to enlighten us?

Centennial pounded Hillsboro again. Cougars are doing what is expected of them.

Halfway through the district Race

Ravenwood (8-1)

Independence (8-1)

Brentwood (5-4)

Centennial (4-5)

Franklin (2-7)

Hillsboro (0-9)

Looks like my predictions were pretty right on. Indy dominates Franklin through out the entire series. The Rebels are terrible, the worst team in they have had in 10 years. I can't figure out what it is. Indy looks like they will compete for another state tournament berth. Ravenwood took two of of three from Brentwood, and will compete against Indy the final series for the auto region berth. Should be an exciting series. Brentwood is the 3rd best team in the district and honestly I think Centennial is better than Franklin, even though Franklin won 2 out of 3 from them.

Anyone else have any thoughts after 3 out of 5 series have been played?

Offensively Franklin wasn't much better last year from what I saw. The difference was their pitching. Falletta is a solid pitcher but he's pretty much all they have this year. Last year they had Colton Robertson, Tyler Harris, Michael Patton, and Joey Falletta. You're going to be more competitive when you have four quality arms instead of one.

2010 Rebels-19 Games- 96 Runs Scored (5.05 Runs a Game) 124 Runs Allowed (6.5 Runs a Game)

2009 Rebels- 33 Games- 202 Runs Scored (6.1 Runs Game) 157 Runs Allowed (4.75 Runs a Game)

toot, you are correct it looks like last years Rebels squad scored a run more a game while almost allowing 2 fewer runs. Maybe the talent is just gone over at Franklin or maybe it is coaching. I don't know but the Indy series was not even fun to watch. I hope Josh Lee gets healthy, we will need him later in the Ravenwood series.

I actually was able to go to the Rebels/Indy game last night. I had to witness first hand what all the hype and talk was about. DT pitched a great game for Indy. Franklin just flat out is not good. They cant hit, period. I talked to a Rebel parent that said in batting practice, they bunt for 15-20 min, then each player gets two swings. I think they need to re-look at that plan maybe. In the top of the 7th, with Franklin down 9-1, they did execute a great sacrifice bunt to move a runner from 1st to 2nd though. Game ends 9-2.

Little doesn't start in field, bats in the 9 spot, and gets pulled out of game after only batting once.

Raley has only hit of game through 4 innings, and gets pulled out of game.

Does the coach of Franklin actually know anything about baseball? The comment about Cent being better is 99% true. The only way Franklin is better is if Falletta is on the mound. He is there only chance of winning. Does anyone know where he going to school and if he is going to try and play ball?

Who pitched for Ravenwood last night and what was the score?