District 11-AAA Standings

IndyEagle09

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Franklin is down this year is because they dont have pitching. The district is not near as competitive as it was last year since Overton moved out. High school baseball has a lot to do on who has the most pitching and Independence definitely has that. I havent seen a Rebels team like this in awhile. I like Little, Raley (defensively), and Gavigan is surprising me this year too. However, who are the base stealers this year. Franklin got a lot of runs because of how many times their coach from last year stole. I know Grider had a lot of steals and Young from last year had over 40 or something. This allowed Franklin to get many of their runs. Maybe the new coach needs to start stealing more. I know the Rebels have speed in their lineup.

The Frankin coach won a state championship at the school he coached for prior to moving to Tennessee.

Did a little research and found out that the school he coached at has won 17 championships in it's 40 year existence. What kind of competition is that school facing? My bet is it's the powerhouse private school in a very weak baseball area and all the talent ends up there.

Ath11 really? who do you think you are? You have no idea who Jake Little is. You have no idea about who his family is and you know nothing about his adolescent years. Jake has made errors but half of them have been because they have a horrific back up 1st baseman.

Jake's arm is hurt. So are half of the d1 prospects. His doctor has a plan for his recovery and you can already see improvements.

Before you start posting crap on here about people, you should get your facts straight because YOU HAVE NO CLUE.

behind the mask25.......You mentioned a few posts ago that Jake Little was a natural in Centerfield, and that you have never seen anyone close on a ball so close to the fence. If you truly like baseball and are a fan as I am, please go watch the Kemp kid from Centennial. He is the best I've seen at the position in a long while. I feel bad for him because of his terrible team. He's by far the best player in the district, and I've had a chance to watch everyone this year. So before you make outlandish comments please know what's out there.

coaching has little to do with the rebel woes.... the team one night will show awesome fight and will to win and the next the team is flat footed and down in the dumps. franklin is coached no matter what anyone here says because unless you have direct contact to the team how can you know what goes on between the fences??? the rebels problem is they continue to take poor at bats with poor approaches you cant win if you have runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs and dont drive home a run......simply ridiculous... the problem is soley on the players im tireds of hearing this and that about the coaches.... THE COACHES DONT PLAY THE GAMES.....THE PLAYERS DO IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED if you want to disect the teams and if they are good or not look more towards the players not the coaches its simply stupid to balme a teams wins or loses on the coach.....

i agree 100%, it is not the coaches to blame. it is the seniors, they have terrible attitudes, with the exception of a few of them. you can see their attitudes from the stands and when they are in the outfield slamming their gloves and walking back to the dugout hanging their heads, it rubs off on the whole team. it is not only seniors with bad attitudes there are others and they rub off on the rest of the team as well. when the seniors leave and the other players with poor attitudes get out of the program things will begin to click and franklin will be o.k.

those people that keep bashing the franklin back-up first basebman, he may be that bad, but give him a break. he is performing to the best of his ability and that is all anyone can ask, but he is pretty terrible

Standings with One Series Left

Ravenwood (11-1)

Independence (11-1)

Brentwood (8-4)

Centennial (4-8)

Franklin (2-10)

Hillsboro (0-12)

Here are my thoughts:

The Indy-Ravenwood series will be interesting and fun to watch. However, after seeing the last two Ravenwood scores I think Independence has the better team and will win 2 out of 3 from the Raptors. I see Miller and Wilson winning their games. I have a feeling Ravenwood will hit Toscano and will win that game. Indy will win their first ever regular season district crown.

Brentwood will sweep Centennial and will end up with 11 district wins, which is quite an impressive feat. The Bruins are the only team that can compete with the top two teams for the other region berth. They hit the ball well, and have just enough pitching.

Centennial is a team that is improving. They are young but this team has improve since the first day of the season. They are a year away from competing at the higher levels.

Franklin's wheels have officially fallen off. As you can see by reading this board seems to be split 50/50 on the new coaching staff. Some blame the coaches, others blame the players. All I know is something has happen in the last year, and Rebels are a terrible baseball team. For those that think the future looks bright, this senior class is the last class you have coming in that will have multiple college players on it. So the talent is drying up, but it seems like you guys have parents that will tell little Johnny how great he is no matter how bad he is.

Hillsboro is Hillsboro.

Be a little more thorough on the research. I looked at the same school site. There are 4 college players that came from that team and one that played professionally. Makes life and winning a whole lot easier.

Promised1 reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. I didn't say the Glenwood school didn't have talent, in fact quite the opposite. I merely stated that in winning 17 championships in 40 years they probably are not playing top caliber teams.

Standings with One Series Left

Ravenwood (11-1)

Independence (11-1)

Brentwood (8-4)

Centennial (4-8)

Franklin (2-10)

Hillsboro (0-12)

Franklin's wheels have officially fallen off. As you can see by reading this board seems to be split 50/50 on the new coaching staff. Some blame the coaches, others blame the players. All I know is something has happen in the last year, and Rebels are a terrible baseball team. For those that think the future looks bright, this senior class is the last class you have coming in that will have multiple college players on it. So the talent is drying up, but it seems like you guys have parents that will tell little Johnny how great he is no matter how bad he is.

For those of you defending Glover please explain to me how it is that last Franklin very often had in infield made up of 2 freshman and a sophomore and had major pitching contributions from their underclassmen can come back this year and look so bad. Obviously the players have to produce. Last year they did; this year they are not. What is the difference?

Last years team was built on speed since they had no true power hitter. I know they lost Young and his 40+ steals but the rest of the team had 90+ steals from the underclassmen. The games I have seen they have been station to station (of course that could be that the entire team somehow forgot how to hit because of the attitudes even though their the new coach runs a hitting clinic) or have been bunted over.

As far as the talent drying up way too early to tell. Junior class does have Little, Crowe and Berzina and Soph class has Robertson, Bennorth and Sistrunk. Don't know about the JV team's talent but they have been winning.