New Davidson Academy Coach

53fan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Davidson alum and thinking about whether to pursue this job. Can anyone give me any info on the returning talent and current situation at DA? I try to keep up with them somewhat, but coaching out of state can make that difficult.

There is plenty of talent to win right now. They got to the semifinals last season with their best player on the sidelines. They have won the state championship in 3 of the last 5 seasons, and have a Mr. Football candidate at tailback. I would imagine there will be several highly qualified applicants for this position.

I heard someone say that DA doesn't pay very well. Are they even close to what the coaches make in public schools?

Not sure about all the coaches at DA but Wade did pretty well. His salary was better than Metro. With the economy the way it is, will the next coach make similar money?

Compensation was about 66k in 2006 per form 990. The DA move to Hendersonville is not going as planned. Talent current/coming up in Middle? Transitions with parents making High School decisions.

I wish the best for Coach Wade. Good guy and family, older son will be a freshman next year, great timing. Time to move to AA.