New Davidson Academy Coach

53fan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever it is, they will have BIG shoes to fill. Wade has won 3 state titles at DA, and 6 overall (including the stints at DCA and CPA) The only people with that kind of bling are Flatt and Rankin - Seems like Ensworth is raising the bar with its position coaches as CPW is the the top OL/DL High School Coach in the state. The proof is pretty obvious. Within 3 years, DCA won a state title. CPA and Coach Pack finally got over the hump when Wade got there. Davidson has won 3 championships and would have to be considered contenders with Williams back this season - all with the common denominator of CPW on the sidelines. Now Big Ricky has backed up the money truck and handed out the "associate head coach" title to get Ensworth to the promise land. JMO, but I would say within 3 years, they will have a gold football, and when Coach Bowers ever wants to hand the keys over, he's got the right guy. CPA should have given him the head job immediately when Pack left.

My only question is.....with Wade moving to Ensworth, will he be allowed to wear shorts and a backwards hat on the sideline?

As for the next HC at Davidson.....I would think there would be high interest to inherit a 5,000 yard rusher....

Paul Wade is inheriting a very good OL and he will even make them better. Ensworth is very lucky to get him. How many weeks to week 0?

Whoever it is, they will have BIG shoes to fill. Wade has won 3 state titles at DA, and 6 overall (including the stints at DCA and CPA) The only people with that kind of bling are Flatt and Rankin - Seems like Ensworth is raising the bar with its position coaches as CPW is the the top OL/DL High School Coach in the state. The proof is pretty obvious. Within 3 years, DCA won a state title. CPA and Coach Pack finally got over the hump when Wade got there. Davidson has won 3 championships and would have to be considered contenders with Williams back this season - all with the common denominator of CPW on the sidelines. Now Big Ricky has backed up the money truck and handed out the "associate head coach" title to get Ensworth to the promise land. JMO, but I would say within 3 years, they will have a gold football, and when Coach Bowers ever wants to hand the keys over, he's got the right guy. CPA should have given him the head job immediately when Pack left.

My only question is.....with Wade moving to Ensworth, will he be allowed to wear shorts and a backwards hat on the sideline?

As for the next HC at Davidson.....I would think there would be high interest to inherit a 5,000 yard rusher....

I've heard a rumor that Coach Caudill has decided not to coach next year. I'm unsure as of the reason but he certainly leaves some big shoes to fill.

No doubt Wade has a great resume but he's making a huge jump in terms of the competition he'll face each week. Good thing he has plenty of athletes to help him adjust.