Blackmn Offseason

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman lost 37-7 to Bob Jones in their scrimmage. I don't know any details. Found it on Bob Jones website. Hopefully Bob Jones is very, very, good.

17-7 first half with starters agains starters...

yes...they 2nd and 3rd team guys killed ours in the 2nd half to make the score what it was...

in the first half...we shut their run game down...they threw the ball very well out of there no huddle offense...score is 10-7 and then they hit a 75 yard TD pass...beat us deep...we also had 2 fumbles and an interception that killed 3 drives as we were moving the football...one of them came after a 50 yard run by the "I" train!

good news: our starters vs their starters was nothing like last year...our run defense will be very tough

bad news: we need some more depth...work on turnovers...and pass defense

Did anyone see the 'blue and orange' game? Anyone stand out and any new/up coming players to watch for? :huh:YA GOTTA LOVE BLAZE FOOTBALL!

to our two blackman fans...blazeallthewaze and burninglove...i hope we have more readers because without us three poster's we'd have no reason to type on here... :huh:

the blue/ orange game was like most spring games...very basic in terms of play calling/ no blitzing on defense/ etc...i know of 3 starters that did not play any...thompson, itavious (sp?), and patton...and a good number who only played a series or two...so it was a game for they young guys to step up...here are my observations but if i leave out someone...it was because i was talking alot ... :lol: ...the young guys or guys who not many know... who i have noticed...

#17 QB-rising soph-last name smotherman-has a really good arm-QB body-loves the game-alot of promise out of this guy for sure!

# 28- someone told me his name was J. J. Lord...rising sophomore...love the ways he looks in uniform on defense LB and FB on O...rough around the edges...but i liked the eye ball test how he got after it

# 22- first name is Mason...CB and WR...kid can flat fly...rising soph...again...looks young but tons of talent

# 30...don't know the name but he ran down a running back who had gotten lose...unless i'm mistaken...he's got serious wheels

# 43-probably the MVP of spring game...on defense and on offense he stood out and made some big plays...again i don't know the name but he looked good and played good...a long TD pass reception for a TD and several really good tackles on pass defense...got a little swagger to him

# 5-Itavious's little brother...smaller but still carries a big punnch on contact and can run!

# 29- forgot his name...dang i hate getting old...rising senior who should get some playing time...he does alot of things well at tailback and defensive back...but needs to make some big plays to get some attention...a sleeper who i think will step up and help us this year!

# 37-jake cook...rising senior who has worked really hard and just kept making tackles all spring against the 1st team offense...he will help us this year!

**several little tailbacks who all do a good job...they all seem to be close on depth chart-which one will break loose!

# 7...last name is davenport...Free saftey who is a rising soph...looks great and is a really good athlete...bigger brother starts on the Dline...

hope this helps...just one man's opinion...if i left your child off the list...see george bush...he started a no child left behind act... :?:

Did anyone see the 'blue and orange' game? Anyone stand out and any new/up coming players to watch for? :lol:YA GOTTA LOVE BLAZE FOOTBALL!

to our two blackman fans...blazeallthewaze and burninglove...i hope we have more readers because without us three poster's we'd have no reason to type on here... :thumb:

the blue/ orange game was like most spring games...very basic in terms of play calling/ no blitzing on defense/ etc...i know of 3 starters that did not play any...thompson, itavious (sp?), and patton...and a good number who only played a series or two...so it was a game for they young guys to step up...here are my observations but if i leave out someone...it was because i was talking alot ... :lol: ...the young guys or guys who not many know... who i have noticed...

#17 QB-rising soph-last name smotherman-has a really good arm-QB body-loves the game-alot of promise out of this guy for sure!

# 28- someone told me his name was J. J. Lord...rising sophomore...love the ways he looks in uniform on defense LB and FB on O...rough around the edges...but i liked the eye ball test how he got after it

# 22- first name is Mason...CB and WR...kid can flat fly...rising soph...again...looks young but tons of talent

# 30...don't know the name but he ran down a running back who had gotten lose...unless i'm mistaken...he's got serious wheels

# 43-probably the MVP of spring game...on defense and on offense he stood out and made some big plays...again i don't know the name but he looked good and played good...a long TD pass reception for a TD and several really good tackles on pass defense...got a little swagger to him

# 5-Itavious's little brother...smaller but still carries a big punnch on contact and can run!

# 29- forgot his name...dang i hate getting old...rising senior who should get some playing time...he does alot of things well at tailback and defensive back...but needs to make some big plays to get some attention...a sleeper who i think will step up and help us this year!

# 37-jake cook...rising senior who has worked really hard and just kept making tackles all spring against the 1st team offense...he will help us this year!

**several little tailbacks who all do a good job...they all seem to be close on depth chart-which one will break loose!

# 7...last name is davenport...Free saftey who is a rising soph...looks great and is a really good athlete...bigger brother starts on the Dline...

hope this helps...just one man's opinion...if i left your child off the list...see george bush...he started a no child left behind act... :lol:

This is exactly the kind of info I've been looking for. Its good to hear who the up and comers may be. Some of the kids you mentioned I have heard of and some I haven't. From someone who doesn't get a chance to watch them practice or scrimmage, I appreciate the info you've given PBD. I too wish there were more Blackman posters on here. I'm sure it will pick up once the season gets closer.

Just curious PBD, do you know how big the I train is now. Has he gotten any bigger since last year.

Go Blaze!

Thanks for the scoop PBD as I am a born again fan of the Blaze. I had followed them when the school first opened and stopped following because the players I knew moved on. I've met a few of the kids on this years team as they have been out in the neighborhood selling the new Blackman Discount Cards and they are very nice young men. One of the boys who was out selling cards, took his time to teach a small child who lives next door the correct way to throw and catch a football in the driveway. The child next door has a new hero and I'm looking forward to seeing these guys play. :) It's good to see such good kids involved in sports, Blackman should be proud of them.

I would like to start off by saying great posts from everyone! As a Blackman graduate, and former player, it's great to see how well things are going at the school. I was only able to make it to one practice, but I was working in Huntsville on the day of the Bob Jones scrimmage and was able to make it to the game. PBD mentioned two of the new players who really stood out to me, #17 (smotherman) showed a really strong arm and what appeared to be good speed. The other player who stood out was #7 (davenport), as he runs very precise routes and reacts extremely well on defense at the safety position. To make it even better, I was told both of these players are only freshmen (upcoming sophmores). This will be one great quarterback and receiver tandem in the future.

Also PBD noted that the second team got killed in the scrimmage game at Bob Jones. It was obvious that they still had their starters in deep into the second half and were also running trick plays. From the little I have seen this offseason, I have high hopes for Blackman.