mid state sophmores

baseballlover03

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well better get to know him, he is a sophmore at Riverside, last years 1A State Runner Ups, last year as a freshman he shut down Summertown and got veat in extras.. They say he throws 90 and can hit very good too. His brother was on the USJ team that won state in like 05 that got stripped of their title bc they had an illegal player coming from another county to play, which was the older Gant kid. He now plays at the University of Tennessee.

If "they" say he throws 90mph, then he is probably 84-85.

Ummm the gun, not "they" said 88-92 mph against Scotts Hill Monday night

Well better get to know him, he is a sophmore at Riverside, last years 1A State Runner Ups, last year as a freshman he shut down Summertown and got veat in extras.. They say he throws 90 and can hit very good too. His brother was on the USJ team that won state in like 05 that got stripped of their title bc they had an illegal player coming from another county to play, which was the older Gant kid. He now plays at the University of Tennessee.

The older Gant kid (Clayton) was an out of county player. He wasn't the ineligible player that cost USJ the State Champonship in 05.

Yea it will be tough the next few years, but Collinwoods Daniel boy broke his hip and might be lucky to ever play again from what i hear?

Wrong B. Daniel....That was Briar Daniel who is a Freshman. He will not be able to play football but I am sure he will return to baseball. The Sophmores name is Blaze Daniel. Throws hard needs to work on confidence and control but hits well and in the next two years will be effective.

Yea it will be tough the next few years, but Collinwoods Daniel boy broke his hip and might be lucky to ever play again from what i hear?

Wrong B. Daniel....That was Briar Daniel who is a Freshman. He will not be able to play football but I am sure he will return to baseball. The Sophmores name is Blaze Daniel. Throws hard needs to work on confidence and control but hits well and in the next two years will be effective.

Oh sorry i thought you was talking about Briar. And it wil be hard to come from that type of injury. And Blaze can be good but i dont think he is one of the top sophmores in District 12A.

Oh sorry i thought you was talking about Briar. And it wil be hard to come from that type of injury. And Blaze can be good but i dont think he is one of the top sophmores in District 12A.

Blaze has the tools just needs to get mentally ready to play. One thing for sure, if he doesnt he wont play for Winburn. I think coach has been more patient this year because we are so young but I expect things to get tougher in the years to come as they should with upperclassmen.

If "they" say he throws 90mph, then he is probably 84-85.

We played them, you're right he throws 80-85, he is really good at running the ball in on the hands with the 2 seam. He lkes to finish hitters off with that for 3rd strike. He is a good hitter.