mid state sophmores

baseballlover03

Well better get to know him, he is a sophmore at Riverside, last years 1A State Runner Ups, last year as a freshman he shut down Summertown and got veat in extras.. They say he throws 90 and can hit very good too. His brother was on the USJ team that won state in like 05 that got stripped of their title bc they had an illegal player coming from another county to play, which was the older Gant kid. He now plays at the University of Tennessee.

If "they" say he throws 90mph, then he is probably 84-85.

We played them, you're right he throws 80-85, he is really good at running the ball in on the hands with the 2 seam. He lkes to finish hitters off with that for 3rd strike. He is a good hitter.

The gun at Pringles Park had him at 88 several times. Velocity aside, he is a smart pitcher that knows the game and he knows how to make a batter get himself out. :flower:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. There's nobody named Gant on UTs roster.

He is sitting this year out due to having tommy john surgery in his elbow.

The younger brother Stephen is pretty much leading the Riverside team this year on the mound and in the batters box. Being just a sophomore he is going to be a phenomenal by the time his senior year comes around.

• 2 weeks later...
Been watching 12A tournament alot of good sophmores in this district.

Shadix

Qualls

Ray

Rice

Richardson

Butler

I mat have missed some but these are some very good young players look out midstate in a couple of years.

I agree and with you. A coach could take a really good 16u team from this district and win a lot of games this summer.

S'town has Chard & Gray

Wayne County has Rice, Ray, Butler & Hayden Skelton

Loretto has Shadix & Gowen

PC has Qualls, Grimes & Richardson

C'wood has Luker & Blaze Daniel

Been watching 12A tournament alot of good sophmores in this district.

Shadix

Qualls

Ray

Rice

Richardson

Butler

I mat have missed some but these are some very good young players look out midstate in a couple of years.

I agree and with you. A coach could take a really good 16u team from this district and win a lot of games this summer.

S'town has Chard & Gray

Wayne County has Rice, Ray, Butler & Hayden Skelton

Loretto has Shadix & Gowen

PC has Qualls, Grimes & Richardson

C'wood has Luker & Blaze Daniel

If any of the players you have listed above are searching for a place to play this summer please inform them of the following if possible.

Columbia Post 19 Juniors Baseball Tryouts

Saturday May 15 at 1:00pm

Location – Columbia Academy

Any player that is under the age of 17 or High School eligible may tryout.

Players should come dressed in baseball clothing with the necessary equipment. Baseball cap, t-shirt, baseball pants, cleats, glove, etc…

Any players interested but their high school team is still playing a tryout will be set up at a later date once the player’s season has ended.

For more information visit http://www.baseball-teams.com/teams/columbiapostjrteam/

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Kyle Smith and Josh Smith are two good players from Wilson County. If you need a super sophomore catcher, then call Drew Erie from Friendship. He didn't have a passed ball the entire appearance of state tournament. Has good bat too, if allowed opportunity to bat. Tim Corbin from Vandy awarded him Best Defensive player at 2009 prospect camp last summer.

Well, Kyle Smith and Josh Smith are two good players from Wilson County. If you need a super sophomore catcher, then call Drew Erie from Friendship. He didn't have a passed ball the entire appearance of state tournament. Has good bat too, if allowed opportunity to bat. Tim Corbin from Vandy awarded him Best Defensive player at 2009 prospect camp last summer.

Does Erie have a summer team he is playing for?