District 10 A/AA

mclightning

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an updated look at the District standings as of tonight...

East Division

1. Merrol Hyde 4-0-1

2. White House-Heritage 2-0-2

3. Greenbrier 2-2-1

4. Macon County 1-2-0

5. White House 0-1-2

6. East Robertson 0-4-0

West Division

1. Clarksville Academy 6-0-0

2. Cheatham County 3-1-0

3. Sycamore 2-2-0

4. Creekwood 1-2-1

5. Harpeth 1-2-1

6. Montgomery Central 1-2-0

7. Waverly 0-4-0

The division leaders have their spots wrapped up. All of the other ones are still up for grabs.

I've been around this district for a number of years. I would say the district is down this year for previous years. In the last 5 years, White House Heritage has won the district 3 time. This year, several new teams were added to the district, White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co. and Fairview moved out.(Probable a good thing they are out as they seem to be doing well) I have not seen all the teams play but there is still an outside shot for White House to win the East. If they can win out I believe they would win the East. I've only seen Creekwood from the West. I know how good Clarksville Acy was last year so it's not surprising they are winning the West this year. I know that Heritage is having a bad year but don't count them out in the district tournament. Speaking of the tournament, does anyone know how it will work with an odd number of teams? I understand the tournament will be held at Harpeth.

This year, several new teams were added to the district, White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co. and Fairview moved out.

Speaking of the tournament, does anyone know how it will work with an odd number of teams? I understand the tournament will be held at Harpeth.

We gained Merrol Hyde too. 4 teams in, 1 team out...biggest district in the whole state now.

The tournament is cross-divisional. 6 and 7 from the West play the Saturday after the end of the regular season to narrow it down to twelve teams. Top 2 seeds from both divisions get byes in the first round. East 6 plays West 3. West 6/7 plays East 3. East 5 plays West 4 and so on. First round games are at the highest seed. As of the last District meeting, Semis and Finals are played at last year's winner...which was WH-Heritage.

The TSSAA site shows the District Tournament at Harpeth High School. I'm guessing that the first round games will still be at the higher seed and then move to Harpeth for the Semis and Finals.

With last nights results, the East and West divisions can now crown there regular season champions. Merrol Hyde beat White House 2-1. Congratulation to MH. Not a super strong team, but they make the most of the opportunities they get. Clarksville Acdy I believe already had their side wrapped up. The fight now is for the rest of the teams and who will place 2nd in their division and also get a first round bye in the tournament.

Merrol Hyde and Clarksville Acdy have put together good years. However, I don't see any team from District 10 making any noise once they get to the Regions. This District has to go through the Nashville teams and CPA/Hume Fogg/ David Lipscomb will be waiting. I believe any of these teams will beat any of the teams from District 10. However, you never know in the game of soccer and that is why they play the game on the field.

According to EuroSportscoreboard, Clarksville Acdy has not lost but has tied one game. They are shown at 7-0-1.

This week is an important week in the district as several games will be played to determine the rest of the seeding for the tournament. White House has two big games this week with East Robertson and Macon Co. White House Heritage still has to play Macon Co. (Does anyone know when this game is scheduled?) Greenbrier and Merrol Hyde have completed there district games I believe. So, we may know how the East standing finish this week.

Can anyone tell me about the teams from the West bracket. We know CA is still undefeated, but what about the rest of the teams. Lots of games scheduled this week for this side as well.

I've updated the district standings above with the records for each team within the division.

Here's the schedule of remaining District games:

April 27th

Montgomery Central @ Cheatham Co

Waverly @ Creekwood

White House @ East Robertson

Macon Co @ WH-Heritage

April 29

Montgomery Central @ Waverly

Sycamore @ Creekwood

Cheatham Co @ Harpeth

Macon Co @ White House

May 4

Sycamore @ Montgomery Central

WH Heritage won 4-1. That should put them in second place in the East. Tonight Macon Co and White House play. If WH wins that will put them in 3rd, Greenbrier in 4th, Macon Co in 5th and East Robertson in 6th. If Macon Co wins then, then Greenbrier is 3rd, Macon Co is 4th, WH is 5th and East is 6th.

So, with the top two teams in each side getting a bye, will the district tournament look something like this:

#3East vs #6 West, winner plays #1 East

#4West vs #5East, winner plays #2 West

#3 West vs #6 East, winner plays #1 West

#4 East vs #5 West, winner plays #2 East

So, with the top two teams in each side getting a bye, will the district tournament look something like this:

#3East vs #6 West, winner plays #1 East

#4West vs #5East, winner plays #2 West

#3 West vs #6 East, winner plays #1 West

#4 East vs #5 West, winner plays #2 East

It's a little different...

#4 West/#5 East vs. #1 East

#3 East/#6 West/#7 West vs. #2 West

#4 East/#5 West vs. #1 West

#3 West/#6 East vs. #2 East

6 and 7 seeds in the West have a play-in game for the game against East 3-seed.