LINEUP QUESTION

IrishBaseball44

Just a question......help would be appreciated. Know the rule at the college/pro level, but wasn't sure about a highschool ruling with all the re-entry rules and stuff?

Lineup:

1. Player A

2. Player B

3. Player C

4. Player D

5. Player E

6. Player F

7. Player G

8. Player H

9. Player I (DH)

10.Player J (LF)

Player I is in the original batting lineup as the DH for the LF, Player J. Late in the ballgame, Player I enters the lineup as the DH is killed and hits in the 8 spot for Player H. Player J then hits in his own spot in the lineup, the 9th spot. Is this possible?

*EDIT* Just to clarify, Player I enters the lineup and plays a position as opposed to just DH'ing**

This is what I think...anyone else please correct me if I am wrong...

A player cannot hit in 2 different spots in the order. The player being DH'ed for can enter the batting order, burning the DH, or the DH can enter the game fielding burning the DH, but he stays in the same spot in the batting order.

I have found out this year that you have to wait until after the at bat to question the order. If the order is question while the questioned player is at bat, even after the first pitch to him, the ump will make the right corrections and the correct player will assume the inherited count in that at bat. I originally thought it was after the first pitch to the player.