District 11-AAA Tournament

IndyEagle09

Well I may of not predicted the last three games right, but it does not matter as your favorite team was defeated and sent home until next March. Have fun Rebels, while Indy continues to play next week. .

Indy plays Overton Monday at Overton

Ravenwood plays a Metro team at home.

Well, i am going to have to say that i was pulling for the Rebels, and they played very well tonight, but ran out of steam. I wish all the best to Independence and Ravenwood and hope that they represent District 11-AAA well throughout the playoffs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say I am pleased with the way such a competitive district ended up.

First, congrats to a Ravenwood team who fought hard and stayed quiet all year. Head Coach Chad Kirby is admirable for his emphasis on team ball. Contrary to their many critics I do believe they have the talent to go far and wish them the best of luck. This is a team that has constantly proven themselves and does not feel the need to talk about their accomplishments. Because of this I am happy to call you the one-seed out of my district.

Second, I'd like to speak about a talented Independence team. While many see Indy's skid in the tournament as embarrassing, just remember they took care of business early and live to see another day. With their "top two" they should have high hopes, and I have no doubt they can achieve them. I'd just like to see them talk with their actions a little more. There is no reason for them to rag on Franklin like they did. Don't put a target on your back for the wrong reason.

Last but certainly not least, great job Franklin. After such a shaky start it is great they could end the season in the title game. Throughout the year I never saw any disrespect out of these young men, and when it is time for everyone to step away from baseball, this kind of behavior will take anyone far. To Coach Glover: While the season had its ups and downs, there was success at the end. And even though some of the things I heard were questionable, I admire the commitment to a plan and a commitment to bettering your players.

Great year again for 11AAA. Best of luck to Ravenwood and Independence.

Congragulations to the Ravenwood Raptors and the Independence Eagles. Represent the district well and win it all. I like the way every team battled in the tournament and made it really interesting to watch. Ravenwood dominated, Indy struggled, Brentwood played well but were just out played, Centennial did what people expected them to do, play tough but come up short.Franklin surprised everyone, wow nobody thought they would see a team who struggled come out and beat 3 good teams and compete in the championship. Look for the teams who struggled this to become one of the power houses in the next few seasons. Centennial is very young and played lots of freshman and sophmores, Franklin had two great sophmore pitchers step when they were needed all year long and the jv team for franklin dominated. so looked for them to be a top team soon. Once again congrats to the raptors and represent the district well.