Norris Throws 150 pitches in Non-Elimination Game

NETFan

Well what is the "Magic" number? Do we need to develop a chart with the name of player and out beside it, it has this guy's "Magic" number of pitches. We had a kid that went over 100 once in his career. He was done at 70. that was his wall and from there hitting strike zone was a real challenge. Threw on Mondays only and still had elbow surgery. Doc says, "Not everyone built to be a pitcher." Why is the number everyone uses 100. why can't 60 be enough? Why can't the ceiling be 125. When David Price was in his last year at Vandy, and everyone knew he had a payday coming, he would regularly pitching into 115-125 range each Friday night. Explain that!!

I see your point, but I see the problem is when we were younger, we played, which means we got outside, had no texting or internet, and threw the baseball. Kids don't throw enough throughout the year. That's why Little League has put in all these crazy rules.....And more of that is coming down the pipe.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Daniel was interviewed, he said his legs were hurting but his arm felt good. When your legs are hurting as a pitcher, the arm is doing different things. Edwards was quoted as telling Norris to quit worrying about his mechanics and just throw the ball. He was trying to throw too much with good technique and he needed to just throw the ball for strikes. Great quote.

And I don't know about the squeezing part. He did not pitch good against Boone two weeks ago and was pulled in the 4th because of walks and getting rocked. That is why he only has 3 wins this season. He has struggled and been pulled so he would not take a loss. How do you have 10 starts and only 3 wins and no losses. He is a great pitcher but needs to work on throwing strikes and not just throwing hard. He is either striking people out on pitches outside the zone or walking people. When teams takes pitches, he has a lot of walks. I'm sure East Cobb will solve part of this and part of it will be reducing his pitching during the summer.

I wonder if Daniel will pitch tonight or tomorrow if needed to win a game?

With Crockett getting the win tonight I really dont think Norris will pitch anymore until the Region. They will win that game and he will go again in the substate. He may feel fine and would gladly pitch tomorrow in relief if they needed him because he is a competitor. However, prudent minds will prevail. Winning at all cost for the Toppers tomorrow doesnt benefit them. Especially if he does pitch and can not go in the Region game. Win or loose there is a tomorrow for both teams. The Crockett staff did a great job balancing their rotation and have put their team in a favorable position for the next round.