DII-A predictions

bmoy

Alright, let's break it down, who wins the DII-A tournament and how do they do it? Also, West Tennesseeans, be sure to listen to 96.5 and 99.3 for coverage of West TN's teams. All of JCS and USJ's games will be there along with a hodge podge of other teams from the West. I'll give a shout out on the air to everybody with a reply unless you don't want it.

Here's my predictions:

JCS def. Webb in G1 (it'll be close but the fresher team prevails. Also, it will be a HIGH scoring affair.)

USJ def. DCA in G2 (the bruins run away with it)

Webb def. DCA in G3

USJ def. JCS in G4 (Same ole story as JCS gets tight while playing USJ so the Bruins will take the 6th straight win in the crosstown rivalry)

JCS def. Webb in G5 (pitching depth is in question here from webb. Otherwise, it might be a different story.)

JCS wins (when it counts most) in G6 and G7 to take the championship due to the lack of USJ pitching once you get past Smith and Overbey.

Regardless of what happens, it'll be a great tournament!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right that they may have the deepest pitching roster, but when it comes down to it, I don't think they are very consistent once you pass Smith. Overbey isn't even all that consistent. If JCS can get a BIG offensive burst in any of the games, they will have the upper hand. Defense wins championships but 358 runs so far this season sure doesn't hurt! USJ is no doubt the best team in the tournament, but I don't see them with as much longevity as JCS. The Eagles can put together games by pitching by committee to stay competitive while the "Air Raid Offense" gets the job done. The team that capitalizes most often will come out on top. That has been JCS's problem all year, they leave too many opportunities on the field against USJ. I just can't see USJ beating JCS 7 times in a year.

Anything is possible between the two teams, but the DII-A champion will be from the West. The only question is, which side of Oil Well/Pipkin road will it be from?

I agree the winner will be from the West(Jackson). It is hard for a team to beat another good team 7 times in a season but USJ has seemed to have the upper hand this season against JCS. USJ has scored a bunch of run on JCS so far. All the games between the two have been fun to watch so far and I see that trend this week.

How does webb not have a chance? Their 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 hitter are all hititng over .400. They have Alexander who is signed with tech for pitching. Wormsley is getting offers from major D1 Programs. I dont get it. Just because USJ has the overbey's doesnt mean much. Webb will be fine. Yall will see when we play JCS Tomrrow.

I thought a Freshman lefty (Garner) beat JCS this year and he isn't an every day starter... USJ has players on the bench that would start on most teams so saying that i don't think pitching is the problem..The problem is holding USJ to very few runs...Also DCA has a good line up but they don't match up to USJ..They got beat by Milan with a Freshman on the mound..

My final statement its hard to beat a good team as many times as USJ has JCS so look out and USJ better bring it....Wish i could be there to watch some of these games.

I'm not even pretending to think I'm the say all to end all. That is simply my opinion. I value yours as well. That's why i started the thread. and as far as Webb's hitters hitting over .400..... so is jackson christian's. with 3 hitting over .500. the team average is .395. JCS has 3 DI prospects also. I think it's a close matchup but my opinion is the Eagles over the Webb. Again, I'm not trying to say that other teams don't have a chance. That's why they play the game, and why I watch and broadcast. If you don't like my predictions, you must have some of your own. Do share! I wanna hear them!

Knox Webb beat JCS 3-2. Webb took a 2-0 lead and then JCS scored 2 to tie it up. Webb scored 1 in their next at bat and held JCS scoreless the last 3 innings. Well played game by both teams. Several tremendous plays by both teams on defense and clutch hitting by both teams as well.