AA State Tournament

Raiders0410

Oh and sca11 or should I say #2, I'll be sure to tell the ETSU signee that his fastball looks good..IDK when I'll see him again tho.

It might not be til we get OUR RINGS but I'll tell em then if I remember

I don't know why you're calling me #2 when I'm not even from Spring Hill. But I do know one thing, when I was in attendence I saw a few scouts from D1 schools get up and leave the Eagle's section in the 4th inning. Congrats state champs! Continue celebrating your championship, and the scholarship opportunities you guys lost.

Now that you have made it clear that you hope YOUNG MEN lose their dreams and have a miserable life because they won a HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL GAME. Can you please take a deep breath and just let it go!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and sca11 or should I say #2, I'll be sure to tell the ETSU signee that his fastball looks good..IDK when I'll see him again tho.

I don't know why you're calling me #2 when I'm not even from Spring Hill. But I do know one thing, when I was in attendence I saw a few scouts from D1 schools get up and leave the Eagle's section in the 4th inning. Congrats state champs! Continue celebrating your championship, and the scholarship opportunities you guys lost.

god bless man seriously i was at the game and you act like it was all gibbs it was BOTH teams.. high intensity game is gonna lead to stuff like this.. i can tell you this both teams jawed at each other the whole entire night the thing that jumped out to me was the spring hill coaches jawed at the gibbs coaches after they had lost.. dont know why?? by the way did you go up to the scouts and ask them why they were leaving? i dont believe so my friend so you cant just assume that

ha good ole boys from gibbs proved everyone wrong on here huh..

If anyone wonders...this is a good reflection of the Gibbs program.

its sad when a 1st base coach runs his mouth to a player during a game thats a great reflection of ur program and the head coach was still running his mouth after they got beat.. great program you guys have.. congrats on runner up though!

It's sad you don't know the full details. It was more like the Gibbs 1B player was running his mouth to the SH 1B coach and players in the dugout. The 1B umpire told the Gibbs 1B player to shut his mouth. That was the same player from Gibbs that pitched the first couple of innings and was MFing the SH players in the 1st inning.

god bless man seriously i was at the game and you act like it was all gibbs it was BOTH teams.. high intensity game is gonna lead to stuff like this.. i can tell you this both teams jawed at each other the whole entire night the thing that jumped out to me was the spring hill coaches jawed at the gibbs coaches after they had lost.. dont know why?? by the way did you go up to the scouts and ask them why they were leaving? i dont believe so my friend so you cant just assume that

The SH coaches were trying to congratulate the Gibbs coaches and the Gibbs coaches actually started the jawing. TSSAA officials that sat up the 1B line can confirm that.

Regardless the game is over... congrats to Gibbs for the Championship. Congrats to SH for the Runner-up. Both teams had great seasons. The intensity level in the game was through the roof. Both teams wanted to win badly! It was a good high school baseball game except for the trash talk... and yes both teams done it. I will say this though if anyone thinks that Gibbs wasn't doing it more or didn't start it than you had your blinders on. Gibbs started it as soon as SH arrived to the field. TSSAA officials at one point were going to get involved in the game. They actually discussed how Gibbs acted during the announcing of players and after the top of the 1st inning during the rain delay.

Good luck to Gibbs in the future. Yes you are State Champions and yes it does feel good for SH to be Runner-up. Gibbs has been runner-up in the past so you also know how it feels. Hopefully in the future SH can experience the feeling of winning a State Championship. A program has been built in SH and a lot of hard work has gone into the building of this program. SH should be very successful from this point forward.

I never said that I hope young men lose their dreams of the future, I just simply pointed out that a display like that can jeopardize a person's chances of fulfilling those dreams. No doubt there was badmouthing on bothsides, and there is no doubt that trash-talking is something that should be saved for the football field. :thumb:

Since this forum is about to close because the season and championships are over, Let's all remember some advice from my late PAPA a great soft spoken farmer and ww2 veteran. He always told me "When things don"t go your way and you are pissed and want to say something, TAKE A WALK BEFORE YOU TALK SO YOUR FEET ARE HEADED SOUTH AND DON'T END UP IN YOUR MOUTH".

Umpires need to take care of the jawing on the field. I've been to the state association meeting where they told all blue to toss kids for using profanity, even words that might be considered minor (like $uck). Start tossing a few out of the game, and good sportsmanship will follow just by attrition.

It's not your game guys, it's just your time. Treat the game with respect, play hard between the lines and quit mouthing. You're only embarrassing yourselves when you do otherwise. Blue, take control of the game. Everything that happens between the lines is your responsibility. Especially in a state championship game. If the parents are getting out of line, restrict both teams to their dugout until they grow up or get out.

Umpires need to take care of the jawing on the field. I've been to the state association meeting where they told all blue to toss kids for using profanity, even words that might be considered minor (like $uck). Start tossing a few out of the game, and good sportsmanship will follow just by attrition.

It's not your game guys, it's just your time. Treat the game with respect, play hard between the lines and quit mouthing. You're only embarrassing yourselves when you do otherwise. Blue, take control of the game. Everything that happens between the lines is your responsibility. Especially in a state championship game. If the parents are getting out of line, restrict both teams to their dugout until they grow up or get out.

AMEN ! WELL SAID. I WISH THAT WOULD HAPPEN. JUST INCLUDE LOUD MOUTH WHINNING COACHES IN THAT AND IT'S A PERFECT FIX!

Coaches are the easiest to take care of. They get a $250 fine and a game suspension if they get tossed. Blue can restrict them to the dugout for the actions of their players and their assistants at their discretion if they feel that the head coach doesn't have control.

The guy was right when he said that jaw jacking and attitude can cost you $$$ when it comes to college scholarships. The thing is that a college scout that's doing his homework will ask the opposing coaches in his district about a kid and even umpires. Confidence and swagger or heat of the game things are one thing, but you need to be smart and have some respect for the game. I know a few guys with college potential that will be running their mouth in some intra mural softball league next year because they couldn't keep it shut long enough to impress a college scout. Grow up.