Bradshaw leaving Greenbrier?!

5-Sport Dad

On Tue May 25, 2010 @ 11:59am on another thread...

Nasty little rumor going around that D. Maddux has been giving the Bradshaw kid out of Greenbrier private lessons. Now all of a sudden the kid is transferring to CPA. This kid is one of the best sophomores in the state. I am very anxious to see if there is any validity to these rumors for a couple of reasons, but the main one has to be how legal is it for Maddux to be giving "lessons" to a high school kid and then the kid transfers to CPA???

D Maddux - Coaches an AAU team where he gets talent from the Middle TN area to come and try out for his team. The good players from this team usually end up at CPA.

Any questions, comments, or concerns????

:thumb: !!! Uh, yeah...I've got all three: WHY would he leave - GB beat CPA last year in the Region - unless...BIGGEST word here...unless he changes residence? Are you saying that this is a fact AND that he's willing to sit out a year?

If this is true, where are all the detractors and so-called experts that say he's only a mid-major prospect?

I don't believe this and I'm sorry to even be commenting if it's a nasty...and it would be...rumor (we've been there, done that). CPA is a Christian school and their head boy's coach claims to be a Christian. If he's 'recruiting' in Div. I...hmmm? Not judgin', just sayin'...

I'd be in :thumb: if this is true! But, I guess, stranger things have happened...

:popcorneater:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Tue May 25, 2010 @ 11:59am on another thread...
Nasty little rumor going around that D. Maddux has been giving the Bradshaw kid out of Greenbrier private lessons. Now all of a sudden the kid is transferring to CPA. This kid is one of the best sophomores in the state. I am very anxious to see if there is any validity to these rumors for a couple of reasons' date=' but the main one has to be how legal is it for Maddux to be giving "lessons" to a high school kid and then the kid transfers to CPA???

D Maddux - Coaches an AAU team where he gets talent from the Middle TN area to come and try out for his team. The good players from this team usually end up at CPA.

Any questions, comments, or concerns????[/quote']

:thumb: !!! Uh, yeah...I've got all three: WHY would he leave - GB beat CPA last year in the Region - unless...BIGGEST word here...unless he changes residence? Are you saying that this is a fact AND that he's willing to sit out a year?

If this is true, where are all the detractors and so-called experts that say he's only a mid-major prospect?

I don't believe this and I'm sorry to even be commenting if it's a nasty...and it would be...rumor (we've been there, done that). CPA is a Christian school and their head boy's coach claims to be a Christian. If he's 'recruiting' in Div. I...hmmm? Not judgin', just sayin'...

I'd be in :thumb: if this is true! But, I guess, stranger things have happened...

:popcorneater:

Very questionable!! Maddux bends the rules just like Ricky B. And yes FERBY is Ensworth bound!

The difference is that Bowers is at a DII program. CPA "claims" it doesn't recruit, or offer any financial aid which I find hard to believe. Bowers is at least in the right here. While Ensworth definitely offers financial aid, has their camps and their connections, Maddux has the "middle school evaluation" camp advertised on unapproved website.com. I mean lets get real here, the middle school evaluation camp is nothing more than "if you can ball, we'll get you into CPA", and the TSSAA does nothing but turns a blind eye. It started with ZMason, now he's got Lindsey, and finally has gotten Bradshaw. He is also a figurehead in the AAU circuit with the Tennessee Tigers. He might not coach, but definitely is calling the shots. I have no problem with a player starting a new high school in 9th grade, but transferring from one school to another looks less than ethical. What business does a kid that LIVES in Robertson Co. have going to a school in Williamson Co.? Also, I heard "good ole Drew" might be picking up a few more from the "middle school evaluation" camp.....

BigEns - your boy Ricky at least doesn't put up a holier than now front. For that I do respect him. He knows the gray areas and pushes the limit. However, he is at a Division II school. CPA and Goodpasture on the other hand, flat out stayed D-IA schools that openly are less than ethical.

Random thoughts:

A Robertson Co. kid going to CPA is none of our business, unless we had to play by the rules and he doesn't. Wonder what 'gomerpyle' thinks... CB plays for the Traveler's. Will he now be transferring AAU teams, too?

More interesting stuff...http://www.startbst.com/DrewMadduxTest.php

This topic is getting bigger by the day around our community. It's morphing from surprise and jealousy to people gettin' mad and talkin' crap. Uhh!

I know absolutely nothing about the circumstances - what if he or his parents contacted Drew and CPA? It IS a free country! - but I ain't mad about it and I certainly don't hate him for it. Goodness!, he's 16 or 17 years old. I will say this though: He was the best I've EVER seen in Greenbrier, he put on a 'show' almost every game and he hustled every play!

So, selfishly, I hate it...'cause I wanted to see you play the next two years. But good luck, Craig! Continue to pursue whatever dreams you have, don't take it too seriously and remember to have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I am really sorry to hear Craig is or may be leaving. He is a tremendous athlete, and I for one will miss him.

Having transferred to another high school at the end of my junior year (some 20 years ago), I have some first hand knowledge of the pros and cons of making such a move.

A couple of the big pros:

Meeting new people and making new friends. You get to be the new guy.

Having the opportunity to play the sport you love with others that love the game as much as you.

I met my wife at the new school! :roflol:

The negatives:

The TSSAA investigation. It is no picnic. They will interview everyone and check everything. I was found ineligible, after the house we were selling/renting had the water bill still in our name. My team had to forfiet the games I played in, plus I got another game suspension on top of that. I would assume that the investigations are even worse these days.

Despite making new friends at the new school, my biggest regret was the lost friendships with the teammates and students that I had grown up with and experienced so much with over the years. It is easy to say, "well they must not have been friends to start with", but it took me several years to understand their feeling of betrayal and abandonment after I chose to change schools to play football. Now you know, and I did not even have to quote DR PHIL :roflol:

My son's Travel Baseball coach also coaches at CPA. MMMMMMM. Maybe we could split the utilities :arrow:

Good luck to everyone involved!

Your post Ogor is correct,i myself transfered after junior year,friends i lost from original school i never regained,but did make new friends at new school,but not long term friends i had,to each his/her own as far as what is right or wrong,if schools had coaches with a passion for there jobs and there players to help them get better and not just the supplement checks for there time, there probably would not be as much of transfer issues as you see today. most private schools hire coaches to coach alot of public schools have coaches who are appointed positions. cant blame kids who are gifted for wanting the opportunity to improve there game with a coach/program that give them better chance of college education.

Your post Ogor is correct,i myself transfered after junior year,friends i lost from original school i never regained,but did make new friends at new school,but not long term friends i had,to each his/her own as far as what is right or wrong,if schools had coaches with a passion for there jobs and there players to help them get better and not just the supplement checks for there time, there probably would not be as much of transfer issues as you see today. most private schools hire coaches to coach alot of public schools have coaches who are appointed positions. cant blame kids who are gifted for wanting the opportunity to improve there game with a coach/program that give them better chance of college education.

Can't...and will never...argue that point. And that's probably the biggest reason in this case, in my opinion, even though 'better' is a relative term. CPA certainly has the 'hook ups.'

Was involved myself with a transfer case years ago, too. We abided strictly by the rules and lost a year of elibibility...because of an inbred (community-wise) and in-com-pe-tent coach (guess where? :wub: ). But it was absolutely worth it!

T$$AA investigations are relative also. Most are either politically motivated or 'politically' given the old ' :wacko: '. It's a very secretive and good ole boy network.

Ogor,

I hate he's leaving and I'm gonna miss watchin' him, too, but still wish him well. An athlete indeed. No matter what, he's still a child (man-child! on the court) and people should respect that.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...