Mtsu 7on7

I read in the DNJ that 25 teams were participating in this years 7on7. It listed Oakland and Smyrna as participants, but I was wondering who else was involved?

However, I can't believe that this is on a Sunday morning. There have to be some parents that aren't happy about this. If I had a kid involved, they wouldn't be going. We have lost our priorities as a society in general. I don't care what you say, but hosting or participating in this shows everyone how your priorities rank. I wonder if teams are mandating that their players attend? I realize this is not a full-team activity (no linemen), but it still involves a good chunk of each team.

I would love to hear other opinions on this.

Edited by innocent bystander

I read in the DNJ that 25 teams were participating in this years 7on7. It listed Oakland and Smyrna as participants, but I was wondering who else was involved?

However, I can't believe that this is on a Sunday morning. There have to be some parents that aren't happy about this. If I had a kid involved, they wouldn't be going. We have lost our priorities as a society in general. I don't care what you say, but hosting or participating in this shows everyone how your priorities rank. I wonder if teams are mandating that their players attend? I realize this is not a full-team activity (no linemen), but it still involves a good chunk of each team.

I would love to hear other opinions on this.

I can certainly understand questioining why it this is held on sunday, but a person's faith goes far beyond going to church on Sundays. Is it really going to be the end all-be all if they miss a sunday or two at church? We dont know what circumstances played into having this event on sunday. Coach Stock is a good man and a family man so I doubt he went out of his way to schedule this event on a sunday. At the same token, I think Coaches need to exercise caution when deciding to make this mandatory or not, like you said, this is going to be a hot topic among parents up to the day of the event.

Probably a logistical and financial issue.

I know that Vanderbilt is having their 7 on 7 on Friday and Saturday, so this may be the only way to ensure a who's who in attendance.

With that said, I doubt one Sunday playing ball is going to push the kids towards heathen status.

If any of them achieve their dream of playing in the big league, all of those games are on Sunday at high noon.