Vandy 7 on 7 Results

D1talent

2010 Music City Classic Tournament Results:

First Round

Byes: (#1) Fayetteville, (#2) Evansville Central and (#3) Kenton.

(#16) Brentwood Academy over (#17) Clarksville, 27-15

(#8) Pearl-Cohn over (#25) Cookeville, 27-0

(#24) Ravenwood over (#9) Memphis University School, 24-17

(#5) Whitehaven- Black over (#28) Southwestern, Ky., 28-7

(#12) Brentwood over (#21) Riverdale, 20-7

(#13) Hillsboro over (#20) Fort Campbell, Ky., 18-15

(#4) McGavock over (#29) Union City, 38-17

(#15) David Lipscomb over (#18) Springfield, 20-14

(#10) Capitol, La. over (#23) Stratford, 12-7

(#7) Independence over (#26) MBA- Silver, 21-16

(#22) Whitehaven- Gold over (#11) Franklin, 22-0

(#6) Har-Ber, Ark. over (#27) Dekalb County, 31-18

(#14) MBA-Cardinal over (#19) Gallatin, 28-21

Second Round

(#16) Brentwood Academy over (#1) Fayetteville, Ark, 24-17

(#24) Ravenwood over (#8) Pearl-Cohn, 24-14

(#12) Brentwood over (#5) Whitehaven-Black, 23-1

(#13) Hillsboro over (#4) McGavock, 24-14

(#2) Evansville Central, Ind. over (#15) David Lipscomb, 24-7

(#10) Capitol, La. over (#7) Independence, 27-14

(#6) Har-Ber, Ark. over (#22) Whitehaven- Gold, 32-13

(#3) Kenton, Ohio over (#14) MBA-Cardinal, 34-14

Quarter-Finals

(#16) Brentwood Academy over (#24) Ravenwood, 14-12

(#12) Brentwood over (#13) Hillsboro, 25-8

(#2) Evansville-Central, Ind. over (#10) Capitol, La., 28-21

(#3) Kenton, Ohio over (#6) Har-Ber, Ark, 30-23

Semi-Finals

(#16) Brentwood Academy over (#12) Brentwood, 27-25

(#3) Kenton, Ohio over (#2) Evansville Central, Ind., 34-23

Final

(#3) Kenton, Ohio over (#16) Brentwood Academy, 30-16

Complete Team Records:

Kenton...........11-2

Fayetteville......9-1

Evansville Central...9-3

Flat River Throwing Club...8-1

Har-Ber..........8-3

Brentwood........8-5

Independence.....7-4

McGavock..........7-4

Pearl-Cohn........7-4

Whitehaven-Black...7-4

Hillsboro.........7-5

Brentwood Academy...7-6

Memphis University School...6-4

Whitehaven-Gold....6-5

Capitol............6-6

Franklin...........5-5

MBA-Cardinal.......5-5-1

David Lipscomb.....5-6

Clarksville........4-6

Fort Campbell......4-6

Gallatin...........4-6

Riverdale..........4-6

Springfield........4-6

Ravenwood..........4-7-1

Stratford..........3-7

Cookeville.........2-8

MBA-Silver.........2-8

Dekalb County......1-9

Southwestern.......1-9

Union City.........1-9

Music City Classic Champions:

2006. Byrnes High, Duncan, South Carolina

2007. Hillsboro High, Nashville, Tenn.

2008. David Lipscomb, Nashville, Tenn.

2009. Dorman High, Roebuck, South Carolina

2010. Kenton High, Kenton, Ohio

All tournament team members from Tennessee:

Austin Blackwell- MBA, Receiver

Aaron Bryant- Hillsboro, Linebacker

Brandon Farmer- Springfield, Receiver

Charles Harris- Whitehaven, Linebacker

Nick Hill- Pearl-Cohn, Receiver

Josh Killett- Brentwood, Linebacker

Aaron Simms- McGavock, Athlete

Brandon Swayze- Independence, Receiver

And Derek King from BA named MVP

I was hoping the Bruins of Brentwood High(you know the public school down the street with higher test scores, more merit finalists, more scholarship money) would beat the "best team money can buy" in TN in the semis. Oh well - have to keep slumming. :roflol:

More students 1492 vs 450.

More boys to play football 760 vs 230.

They are 16, 17, and 18 year olds, can't be that much talent difference when the the ratio is 3 to 1 in male enrollment.

You got beat - Suck it up. It is just back yard football.

BA will play BHS anytime. BHS should step up to the challenge.

"Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety" - Wikipedia

More students 1492 vs 450.

More boys to play football 760 vs 230.

They are 16, 17, and 18 year olds, can't be that much talent difference when the the ratio is 3 to 1 in male enrollment.

You got beat - Suck it up. It is just back yard football.

BA will play BHS anytime. BHS should step up to the challenge.

"Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety" - Wikipedia

Oh no, no, no, no.... Jealousy is not the point in my comment. Reality is though. Lets see:

1. Test scores - Lets compare average test scores for the 2 schools Oh thats right BA won't release them. BHS is one of the top 200 high schools in the U.S(even higher than the magnets). Lets compare average scholarships awards per student. Trust me you don't want to go there on this one.

2. How many of BA's key players would be zoned for Brentwood? Dang near none or we would hear more complaining from our coaches and fans. Your starting QB is from where? Murfreesboro I think. I don't think you want to get into this argument either.

3. Don't talk to me about challenges. We played you guys in middle school and watched your coaches drop 8th graders down to your 7th grade team so they wouldn't get beat by BMS. I was there, know the kids, know their classes. Trust me - you don't want to go there on this one. Its the reason Coach Harrison stopped schduling you guys - really classy.

4. I now for a fact that Coach Crawford and Coach Potter have talked about playing but with the split, its hard to figure out where on the schedule.

5. I would love to see BA play our schedule this year(Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Franklin) and see how they fair. Just curious.

There is a reason you guys are down in D-II playing with the other teams that money can buy. As for us, we Bruins love our coaching staff, our kids, our program, and our FREE school that you help pay for with your tax dollars. Thanks!

Oh no, no, no, no.... Jealousy is not the point in my comment. Reality is though. Lets see:

1. Test scores - Lets compare average test scores for the 2 schools Oh thats right BA won't release them. BHS is one of the top 200 high schools in the U.S(even higher than the magnets). Lets compare average scholarships awards per student. Trust me you don't want to go there on this one.

2. How many of BA's key players would be zoned for Brentwood? Dang near none or we would hear more complaining from our coaches and fans. Your starting QB is from where? Murfreesboro I think. I don't think you want to get into this argument either.

3. Don't talk to me about challenges. We played you guys in middle school and watched your coaches drop 8th graders down to your 7th grade team so they wouldn't get beat by BMS. I was there, know the kids, know their classes. Trust me - you don't want to go there on this one. Its the reason Coach Harrison stopped schduling you guys - really classy.

4. I now for a fact that Coach Crawford and Coach Potter have talked about playing but with the split, its hard to figure out where on the schedule.

5. I would love to see BA play our schedule this year(Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Franklin) and see how they fair. Just curious.

There is a reason you guys are down in D-II playing with the other teams that money can buy. As for us, we Bruins love our coaching staff, our kids, our program, and our FREE school that you help pay for with your tax dollars. Thanks!

There are kids that go to BHS not in the 37027 zip code. It's called open enrollment. Four kids in my neighborhood with a FHS zip code go to BHS. Two started for the Bruins last year. Might not be M'boro but same principle.

If BA doesn't release average test scores how do you know there is such a big difference?

I bet BHS has in it's sport history has dropped players from one grade level or varsity to JV to compete.

It's done in baseball and volleyball all the time.

Your right MBA, MUS, Ensworth and Olive Branch (41-9 last year) doesn't compare to Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Franklin (41-8).

I'm glad you are proud of your school but don't disrespect ("best team money can but" "FREE School" "pay for with your taxes") other schools that you know nothing about.

By the way it is just "Glorified backyard football", didn't see BA fans beating their chest coming in 2nd out of 30 teams, beating the favorite Fayettville, Ravenwood (twice) and the almighty Bruins.

Public/Private thread is a better place to discuss your hatred toward Private schools.

By the way....Your welcome on the tax thing!

There are kids that go to BHS not in the 37027 zip code. It's called open enrollment. Four kids in my neighborhood with a FHS zip code go to BHS. Two started for the Bruins last year. Might not be M'boro but same principle.

If BA doesn't release average test scores how do you know there is such a big difference?

I bet BHS has in it's sport history has dropped players from one grade level or varsity to JV to compete.

It's done in baseball and volleyball all the time.

Your right MBA, MUS, Ensworth and Olive Branch (41-9 last year) doesn't compare to Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Franklin (41-8).

I'm glad you are proud of your school but don't disrespect ("best team money can but" "FREE School" "pay for with your taxes") other schools that you know nothing about.

By the way it is just "Glorified backyard football", didn't see BA fans beating their chest coming in 2nd out of 30 teams, beating the favorite Fayettville, Ravenwood (twice) and the almighty Bruins.

Public/Private thread is a better place to discuss your hatred toward Private schools.

By the way....Your welcome on the tax thing!

Point well taken on the open enrollment though and actually I did see BA parents thumping their chests at Vandy and I agree its backwater football. By way, the open enrollment is not a given every year. I'm done. Made my point.

All tournament team members from Tennessee:

Austin Blackwell- MBA, Receiver

Aaron Bryant- Hillsboro, Linebacker

Brandon Farmer- Springfield, Receiver

Charles Harris- Whitehaven, Linebacker

Nick Hill- Pearl-Cohn, Receiver

Josh Killett- Brentwood, Linebacker

Aaron Simms- McGavock, Athlete

Brandon Swayze- Independence, Receiver

And Derek King from BA named MVP

Brandon Farmer from Springfield was also all tourney.

Edited by Footballfan15