Union City vs. Wayne County Scrimmage

UCHSgirl

UC's head coach Darren Bowling decided to put the team back on the bus and head home instead of a clean scrimmage versus WC that was anticipated by UC's team. However, this did not happen until after Union City's players were attacked in a NON-FOOTBALL MANOR by both players and FANS from Wayne County. The UC boys were called repeated racial slurs; UC's African-American fullback was even hit in the face by a white female fan from Wayne County, after being called a degrading racial slur. So here is the question... was Wayne County's team too afraid to face defeat for the third time in a row playing UC, or were they conspicuously out to try to injure some of UC's players (by both the players and the fans) without ANY INTENTION OF A SCRIMMAGE WHAT-SO-EVER?

Wow.. Very surprised to read this. As for the fans that is just not right, as for the players I would think Coach Rice would have a better handle on the kids over there. I was really anxious to get on and see how the scimmage went. I guess I will have to determine next week how the two teams are shaping up.

UC's head coach Darren Bowling decided to put the team back on the bus and head home instead of a clean scrimmage versus WC that was anticipated by UC's team. However, this did not happen until after Union City's players were attacked in a NON-FOOTBALL MANOR by both players and FANS from Wayne County. The UC boys were called repeated racial slurs; UC's African-American fullback was even hit in the face by a white female fan from Wayne County, after being called a degrading racial slur. So here is the question... was Wayne County's team too afraid to face defeat for the third time in a row playing UC, or were they conspicuously out to try to injure some of UC's players (by both the players and the fans) without ANY INTENTION OF A SCRIMMAGE WHAT-SO-EVER?

i was at the game today and i saw things a little different, i saw no fans attacking anybody and from where i was at i saw trash talking both ways. i also saw late hits from uc, players ejected, and scratches and bite marks on wc players. i agree it got out of hand but dont get on here and start blaming it all on wc. neither team gained anything from this just lots of lost time by not getting to finish it. i hate the it ended but the facts is uc was just as much to blame as wc was.

i was at the game today and i saw things a little different, i saw no fans attacking anybody and from where i was at i saw trash talking both ways. i also saw late hits from uc, players ejected, and scratches and bite marks on wc players. i agree it got out of hand but dont get on here and start blaming it all on wc. neither team gained anything from this just lots of lost time by not getting to finish it. i hate the it ended but the facts is uc was just as much to blame as wc was.

There were 5 WC players punching and swinging at UC's Quarterback at the same time... were you one of the WC fans giving a standing ovation for that?

Edited by UCHSgirl

Oh yes! At least most of that was typical for smash-mouth football... today was just downright DIRTY..

Listen little girl there were no WC fans punching players.Where in the world did you see that.As for the trash talking I bet it was on both sides. I wasn't on the field and neither were you.I did see the late hits on the WC qb which started the first fight.Also heard some of the language directed towards some of the female fans as UC players left the field.Please get your facts straight.

Edited by cat1973

Oh yes! At least most of that was typical for smash-mouth football... today was just downright DIRTY..

no i was not giving a standing ovation, i saw it both ways. i also saw a wc player take a late hit in the back just before the last altercation started, i also saw wc qb trying to walk away but the uc players wouldnt let him. i am not taking up for anyone, and wish none of it had happened, im just saying that it was both teams fault not just one.

Ok i wasnt at the game i had to work but idc who you are be the biger person and dont fight back at what ppl say or what they do to you their is no place for this kind of crap in football idc what was said or what happend just dont be stupid. i love wayne county football but if they did act like this i am very upset that our players and fans would do this wish some how this could be cleared up

Listen little girl there were no WC fans punching players.Where in the world did you see that.As for the trash talking I bet it was on both sides. I wasn't on the field and neither were you.I did see the late hits on the qb which started the first fight.Also heard some of the language directed towards some of the female fans as UC players left the field.Please get your facts straight.

See, now this is how stuff starts.....When I FIRST READ UCHSgirl's post I got that she was asking were you one of the fans that was standing and giving an ovation for the five on one with the UC QB....Now, after you came back with your "little girl" comment, I re-read her post, thinking I missed something...Upon further review, I didn't...Read the post and take a second to grasp it before you fly off at the fingers...

See, now this is how stuff starts.....When I FIRST READ UCHSgirl's post I got that she was asking were you one of the fans that was standing and giving an ovation for the five on one with the UC QB....Now, after you came back with your "little girl" comment, I re-read her post, thinking I missed something...Upon further review, I didn't...Read the post and take a second to grasp it before you fly off at the fingers...

You might be the one who needs to reread the statement.She said WC fans attack UC players. False. No standing ovation from me.I stood the whole scrimmage.

Just thinking out loud here....Were there T.$.$.A.A refs officiating the scrimmage ???....Do fights and punches thrown in a scrimmage garner the same type of suspensions and whatnot as in an official game ??...Do those refs have to submit a report on what they saw and who threw the punches ??...I'm sure there is video of the altercations...Do one or both of the coaches file a report with the T.$.$.A.A ??...Or is it treated like nothing happened ???