New Era for Karns

gokarns09

Go - once again you're on the cutting edge of important HS football information in ET. I know you're a big HC hater but I think he got a bad deal and hope he gets an opportunity to do what he really loves to do. But I'm pretty sure his presence won't make much difference in the game. The uniform thing isn't nearly as important as what offense is being run but it's just interesting. In the midst of all the turmoil and the need to quickly get ready for the upcoming season, why would it be so important to someone to come out with a new uniform look as soon as possible? Is this another indicator of how quickly (rashly?) the new school administration is going to make decisions? I doubt the new admins would just come in and make such a decision by themselves, so who's actually driving this bus? What do you know about this? Are you paying for these uniforms?

Tuna Man,

I've also heard of this situation. I agree that admin probably wasn't the starter of the jersey plan. I don't think the new coaching staff would initiate this either. That leaves the Booster Club or some other wealthy individual like Go Karns. Over the past 3 years the Booster Club worked hard to be supportive of the coaching staff and team. There are always some disagreements in any group but overall it seemed to be a very transparent positive climate. Only a few people would know for sure, but maybe this year's club includes some folks who are overly interested in agendas of their own. I looked on the Karns web site and couldn't find ANY sport that still uses gold in their uniforms. No gold anywhere, even in Track which is run by the new football coach. Even the cheerleaders use white/blue/black, just like the football team's been using since Coach Reeves arrived! So who suddenly decided that all the jerseys needed to be modified to include gold?

On a more important note, hope Coach Witt has those Beavers ready to play at Neyland this evening regardless of what color jerseys they're wearing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 to 0 Fulton

WHOA!!! Better talk to Ms. Sands. It might not be to late to get ole HC back!

Does anyone know if 34 points is a Jamboree record? Did Karns get a 1st down?

Better get that gold ready quick!

Go - were you there to witness this? Did we ever tackle anyone?

As someone that has been keeping up the Karns program for a while now... esp now that the a second generation is possibly going to enter the Karns school football regime, I can't help but feel a crazy amount of politics within the program. As I hinted, I have been watching these threads for the past year or so... and I've also noticed that Big T has gone from being very positive to being EXTREMELY negative. While I may not have a dog in the fight just yet... I can't say that I really agree with "GO" or Big T... it just seems everyone on here has an inside scoop on everything. I have noticed comments of being in "practice huddles" and seeing purchase order forms. It obviously can't help but make me think this is a venue for airing dirty laundry of.... maybe coaches, former coaches, players living in the past, and/or boosters within the program??? Is this what Karns has come to??? If so how can anyone wonder why parents/kids choose to go to other schools? Can't say it hasn't crossed my mind, or not still crossing my mind for that matter, but check other threads from schools in 865 and see how much of this is going on outside of Karns. I just think it's childish and crazy... and while I know I may be a new guy posting on here myself; Billy... I can't help but notice your join time too! I just got out of work but I found out scores from the Knox Co. Jam from the local news and calling people that I know went, not posting on here. It kind of makes me think you were there yourself and you're just stirring up trouble or something. TO ANYONE THATS INVOLVED IN KARNS FOOTBALL PLEASE JUST GET TOGETHER ON THINGS, and good things will happen in the future. Thanks... I have just hopped off my soap box.

As someone that has been keeping up the Karns program for a while now... esp now that the a second generation is possibly going to enter the Karns school football regime, I can't help but feel a crazy amount of politics within the program. As I hinted, I have been watching these threads for the past year or so... and I've also noticed that Big T has gone from being very positive to being EXTREMELY negative. While I may not have a dog in the fight just yet... I can't say that I really agree with "GO" or Big T... it just seems everyone on here has an inside scoop on everything. I have noticed comments of being in "practice huddles" and seeing purchase order forms. It obviously can't help but make me think this is a venue for airing dirty laundry of.... maybe coaches, former coaches, players living in the past, and/or boosters within the program??? Is this what Karns has come to??? If so how can anyone wonder why parents/kids choose to go to other schools? Can't say it hasn't crossed my mind, or not still crossing my mind for that matter, but check other threads from schools in 865 and see how much of this is going on outside of Karns. I just think it's childish and crazy... and while I know I may be a new guy posting on here myself; Billy... I can't help but notice your join time too! I just got out of work but I found out scores from the Knox Co. Jam from the local news and calling people that I know went, not posting on here. It kind of makes me think you were there yourself and you're just stirring up trouble or something. TO ANYONE THATS INVOLVED IN KARNS FOOTBALL PLEASE JUST GET TOGETHER ON THINGS, and good things will happen in the future. Thanks... I have just hopped off my soap box.

Beav,

I like a person who speaks their mind, whether I agree with them or not. Just to be clear:

1) I like Coach Witt a lot but I'm very uncomfortable with the way the Coach Reeves situation was handled.

2) The uniform thing is just weird to me. The timing of it relative to the Reeves departure is curious. It's actually a move away from the current color schemes (white/blue/black) used by other Karns sports - including the cheerleaders and the track team which Witt coaches. It honestly doesn't seem like a matter of national security so why won't someone just fess up and say "Yes we did this, we did it because ...., and here's who's paying the bill"? Openness and transparency are cures for a lot of rumor mongering, "politics" (and I think you're right in discerning this in the program), etc. If you know the answers to these questions just throw them up on the thread and they'll be settled.

Sometimes really caring involves asking a few tough questions, especially in times of change when the tendency is for those with personal agendas to move in and exert influence/power where a vacuum has been created.

I hope Coach Witt can get 'em together by next Friday. It would be really great for the program to have something positive happen.

Beav - Very good post for a 1st post. What do you think GO? Where's Baller? Maybe he/she is out seeing if the jerseys are finished yet?

:roflol:

Yeah Beav I'm a rookie. But here's one thing to consider - The Tuna may have talked ugly about last night's gridiron action, but do you recognize that a scoring rate of 34 pts per qtr would be 136 (that's one hundred thirty six!) points in a game. I don't know if/where it's recorded, but 34 in a 12 minute Jamboree qtr may actually be a record. The politics is tougher to deal with, but the way to reduce on field criticism is to play better. In this case, a LOT better. Hopefully there will be improvement next week.

Yeah Beav I'm a rookie. But here's one thing to consider - The Tuna may have talked ugly about last night's gridiron action, but do you recognize that a scoring rate of 34 pts per qtr would be 136 (that's one hundred thirty six!) points in a game. I don't know if/where it's recorded, but 34 in a 12 minute Jamboree qtr may actually be a record. The politics is tougher to deal with, but the way to reduce on field criticism is to play better. In this case, a LOT better. Hopefully there will be improvement next week.

Has the New Era done away with the "check off" system where the offense lines up, then stands back up and looks to the sideline for the play?

Thanks tnio. Was this "gold" fix a Booster thing? If not who had this "gold bug" and why is it such an important issue? Do you know an approximate cost for this mission? BTW I caught that mote/beam reference in your last post and know who said it 1st. Go hasn't taken me up on the New Era list. If you've gone to some practices what differences do you see from the prior regime?

Apparently, Karns is not the only rebuilding football program to return to its TRUE colors.

From Thursday's Middlesboro (Ky) Daily News......

“One of the the first things I think people will notice when they come in is that we have gone back to the true gold and black of Middlesboro,†Middlesboro Schools Superintendent Dr. Rita Cook said. “They are going to see that we have paved around the field. All the seats have been pressure washed and brightened up, we’ve done extensive painting in and out. There will be new turf on the sidelines. I think people will be very pleased with what they see at the stadium this year.â€

Edited by ChaunceyGardiner