Dobyns Bennett Coaches

BatmanDB

A coach is much more than someone who get's a young man ready for a ballgame.Dobyns Bennett has it right with the coaches in place.Each and every one has been a great influece on many young men as well as a female player or two over the years.From the top on to my favorites on his staff,I would like to thank them for everything.Your not going to please everyone all the time or a few any of the time,but I would put them against anyone off the field and proud to pull for them and their team on the field.Thanks again and Roll Tribe !

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true Batman. Do you have another boy comming up thru the system?

I don't know yet .I'm not putting any pressure on but he probably will be put together like the last one,just not as fast but a whole lot bigger.A whole different animal like most brothers

Edited by BatmanDB

I can see your point,but it's a sincere "thank you".I've seen some of the coaches own kin have to wait their turn,so I know that angle would never work anyway.They are great guys and I really appreciate everything they have done on and off the field.

Just pullin your chain a bit Batman... because I know how Waco thinks. :roflolk: I have always heard the same good things from past players/parents about the coaching staff at DB with the exception of GC. Some think he can be a little loony at times.

Edited by Cap1

I can see your point,but it's a sincere "thank you".I've seen some of the coaches own kin have to wait their turn,so I know that angle would never work anyway.They are great guys and I really appreciate everything they have done on and off the field.

Probably not at DB, but smoozing with the coaches will get you everywhere at some schools. Anybody saying different is probably just a big ole smoozer.

Probably not at DB, but smoozing with the coaches will get you everywhere at some schools. Anybody saying different is probably just a big ole smoozer.

Oh theres a little of that that goes on a DB. Notice I said "little". But it takes alot more than smoozing with the coaches at DB if you know what I mean. Theres some examples that there could be no other reason. But I've never seen it to be much of a problem. I think if your good enough and pay your dues on the practice field you will play at DB. Evey high school coach in the country get pressures from the outside to "play my boy".

Just got back from Greeneville and it was well worth the trip for those that didn't get to go.I would hate to be some of the smaller schools on Greeneville's schedule.It was a great scrimmage for us and the devils.We have a few places that need a little growing on both sides of the ball.This should provide the coaches with plenty of study hours.The hit on the Greeneville punter fired up the DB side,but that near interception for a touchdown by the backup lineman was something else.I would love to see these two go at it for real.Roll Tribe