Turnaround Year for JCHS?

Back in the 80's and 90's, Jefferson County was a legend. At one point, they were ranked as high as 4th in the nation. It was nearly impossible for a team to come into Dumplin Valley and emerge victorious. However, due largely to the head coaching situation a few years ago, the Patriots have been skidding since the departure of Coach Meadows (Now at Knox Catholic) and the arrival of Coach Marty Euverard. This staff change was almost the death of the program, and Jefferson County hasn't been the same since. After the hiring of Anderson, however, Jefferson County has begun to rebuild and work its way back into the spotlight. This year's senior class is the last class left from Anderson's first season with the Patriots, which resulted in a solid season for the Patriots, including a playoff appearance. The next year had alot of talent, but was unfortunately plagued by some injuries that hurt the Patriot's season. The year after that, the Patriots had a very young team that started out rocky but won five of their last six games to finish 5-5. But that's not the goal for this season. An experienced coaching staff and the majority of starters returning both offensively and defensively, the Patriots are looking to capitalize on their talent for a strong postseason run. If this high octane group can lead the success-hungry Patriots to the state playoffs, it could mark the turnaround of the football program and command the respect of the entire state. Only time will tell if this year is the one for Jeff County, but I believe that it will be.

Back in the 80's and 90's, Jefferson County was a legend. At one point, they were ranked as high as 4th in the nation. It was nearly impossible for a team to come into Dumplin Valley and emerge victorious. However, due largely to the head coaching situation a few years ago, the Patriots have been skidding since the departure of Coach Meadows (Now at Knox Catholic) and the arrival of Coach Marty Euverard. This staff change was almost the death of the program, and Jefferson County hasn't been the same since. After the hiring of Anderson, however, Jefferson County has begun to rebuild and work its way back into the spotlight. This year's senior class is the last class left from Anderson's first season with the Patriots, which resulted in a solid season for the Patriots, including a playoff appearance. The next year had alot of talent, but was unfortunately plagued by some injuries that hurt the Patriot's season. The year after that, the Patriots had a very young team that started out rocky but won five of their last six games to finish 5-5. But that's not the goal for this season. An experienced coaching staff and the majority of starters returning both offensively and defensively, the Patriots are looking to capitalize on their talent for a strong postseason run. If this high octane group can lead the success-hungry Patriots to the state playoffs, it could mark the turnaround of the football program and command the respect of the entire state. Only time will tell if this year is the one for Jeff County, but I believe that it will be.

I believe this year is the year Jefferson County must turn the corner or it might not happen in a long time. Your right, JC did return to the playoffs under first year head coach, who also was the youngest coach in the state Justin Anderson, but lost to Farragut. 2008 brought tons of hope, but injuries doomed the pats plummeting them to a 3-7 record, and in 09 we were young and it took us awhile to find our beat. This year, however there are no excuses, the Pats must succeed. If your behind JC then I strongly encourage you to come out this Friday to watch the season opener against Greeneville. Game starts at 7:30, but you might want to get there earlier, because its going to be packed. 2010 is the year for the Patriots, I believe it, and I know they believe it too. Go Pats

Edited by patriots13