Blackman at Tully

mykidsdad

This game worries me for the following reasons:

1. Revenge game for Tullahoma. They remembered what happened last year and are determined to get revenge.

2. At Tullahoma.

3. Tullahoma is a good passing team. Blackman has not shown they can defend the pass very well.

4. If Blackman can't pass, we will be 1 dimensional.

5. Tullahoma was not as bad as score indicated last year. They improved a lot by the end of the year. We would not have won that big if we played them late in the year.

All that being said, I say Blackman wins a nail biter 28 - 21.

OK Once again I think your glass is half empty. Let me use the same logic, but with a positive Blaze spin.

1. Revenge game – Blackman uses this first game to show all that last year’s District Championship was not a fluke.

2. At Tullahoma – The field is the same dimension and the some players just might be relieved not to have “Karaoke Girl and Bon Jovi blaring when they are trying to call plays on field. (A real plus!)

3. Tullahoma may be a good passing team, but Blackman has 4 of the best linebackers, a stout nose guard. Blackman should be able to shut down Tullahoma’s run game and they become one dimensional.

4. If Blackman has trouble in the passing game, Tullahoma moves the corners and safety up to help stop the run and once loose they will have trouble running down the I-Train.

5. Yes! Tullahoma should be better than last year but not that much better.

6. The Kicking game. Blackman has a very good kicking game – all phases. (Remember that many say that the kicking game is 1/3 of the process.) I have seen Coach Shad use field position and let the defense win the game and not have a one dimensional offense lose it.

All that being said, I say Blackman wins very healthy 28-7.

Just may take and seeing the glass being half full. But regardless a win is a win.

P.S. Anytime LOD agrees with you it is time to rethink your post

Edited by MrDonkey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Once again I think your glass is half empty. Let me use the same logic, but with a positive Blaze spin.

1. Revenge game – Blackman uses this first game to show all that last year’s District Championship was not a fluke.

2. At Tullahoma – The field is the same dimension and the some players just might be relieved not to have “Karaoke Girl and Bon Jovi blaring when they are trying to call plays on field. (A real plus!)

3. Tullahoma may be a good passing team, but Blackman has 4 of the good linebackers, a stout nose guard. Blackman should be able to shut down Tullahoma’s run game and they become one dimensional.

4. If Blackman has trouble in the passing game, Tullahoma moves the corners and safety up to help stop the run and once loose they will have trouble running down the I-Train.

5. Yes! Tullahoma should be better than last year but not that much better.

6. The Kicking game. Blackman has a very good kicking game – all phases. (Remember that many say that the kicking game is 1/3 of the process.) I have seen Coach Shad use field position and let the defense win the game and not have a one dimensional offense lose it.

All that being said, I say Blackman wins very healthy 28-7.

Just may take and seeing the glass being half full. But regardless a win is a win.

P.S. Anytime LOD agrees with you it is time to rethink your post

"Can't we just all get along" Rodney King

"All I am saying, lets give peace a chance" John Lennon

"Any you boys Smitties?" Ulysses Everett McGill :popcorneater:

As satisfying as it would be for blackman to annihilate tullahoma in the same fashion, what I know is that usually when one team blows out another, the next year could be bad news. ex. in 06 tullahoma beat CC 42-7, next year CC wins. in 05 brentwood annihilates CC, in 06 brentwood has to kick a 40 yarder with time running out to win. Tullahoma is good, hope blackman can handle them.

As satisfying as it would be for blackman to annihilate tullahoma in the same fashion, what I know is that usually when one team blows out another, the next year could be bad news. ex. in 06 tullahoma beat CC 42-7, next year CC wins. in 05 brentwood annihilates CC, in 06 brentwood has to kick a 40 yarder with time running out to win. Tullahoma is good, hope blackman can handle them.

I agree this is a revenge game for Tully and I wouldn't take them lightly but I believe Blackman is still too strong for Tully to upset but being a Coffee resident I have to root for them and hope for an upset.