Volunteer @ North

rogers4falcons

Do you not understand that a big reason that vhs is running a "gimmick" offense is because they have no line!!! The offense they are running is good for teams with below average offensive lines which is what vhs has. You say spread it out and throw the ball did you not watch any of the game last week? Houston had no time to throw the ball and the receivers werent getting open. Dont get me wrong i would love to see them throw it all over the place and anyone that knows me can tell you why but this is not the type team that needs to be throwing it a lot. And another thing give coach Rider some support for goodness sakes theyve had one game so far and you are acting like they just had another 0-10 season. Rider knows what hes doin let the man do what he was hired to do and support him while hes doing it! This is one of the biggest problems vhs football has right now too many ppl bad mouthing rider and its not doing anything but making things worse! I would love to see you take over for a season just to see how well you do!

Now as for the game I gotta go with volunteer they played pretty well for the most part last week against a team that is far better than north.

VHS 22

North 12

I honestly think the O line played a great first game. It's just hard to be successful when the defense is focusing on one player. 1st of all the single wing is real easy for defenses to read, especially when Volunteer only ran 2 passing plays out of it. 7 total passes for the game. VHS has some good WR's who can catch the football and do some things with it. Short quick passes will keep opposing linebackers on their heels and keep the defense guessing. Short passes are the plays we should be running instead of 30yd attempts. My other concerns about volunteer, is the Defense. The 1st half was bad, but I give them credit for their efforts in the second half. They need to play 4 quarters of defense every game. I think Volunteer could have won the game against besty if they had a better offensive game plan (didn't have enough plays for the offense). I know that everyone is frustrated about losing but we need to support the team and the coaches.

Score VHS 33 North 21

Go Falcons!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres really not a whole lot any coach can do when the talent just isnt there and the talent at vhs just isnt there and hasnt been there since the 07 season. Yeah there are some good players on this team and there were some on last years team theres just not enough to compete especially in the big 8. If vhs wants to win more games they are going to have to somehow find some guys that can play on the o-line. That is vhs' problem every single year and when they do have a descent year theyve got some talent on the line until vhs gets those players it will be rough on them no matter who is coaching so dont put all the blame on coach rider.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. The 07 season is gone and they only won six( I thought they should have won at least 8 games in 07 and they played a good game against gville in the playoffs). They had a very talented team and ended up with an average season and that is not good enough. That group has the record for best season and won the 1st playoff game in school history. Coach Rider took that team farther than any other coach at VHS. I agree with you that the competition is tough in the big 8, especially when you play 2 6A schools. I understand that it's going to be a tough road ahead for the falcons to even make the playoffs, but I for one have high expectations for this group that's wearing the uniforms today.

Edited by rogers4falcons

Theres really not a whole lot any coach can do when the talent just isnt there and the talent at vhs just isnt there and hasnt been there since the 07 season. Yeah there are some good players on this team and there were some on last years team theres just not enough to compete especially in the big 8. If vhs wants to win more games they are going to have to somehow find some guys that can play on the o-line. That is vhs' problem every single year and when they do have a descent year theyve got some talent on the line until vhs gets those players it will be rough on them no matter who is coaching so dont put all the blame on coach rider.

Best wishes to both the Falcons and Raiders for an injury free game. This should be a good one to watch.

I did have a question for someone close to the Volunteer clan. I just heard that Volunteer would not be fielding a Freshman team this year because there were only 9 Freshmen that came out. Where are all those Church Hill Panthers going?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. The 07 season is gone and they only won six( I thought they should have won at least 8 games in 07 and they played a good game against gville in the playoffs). They had a very talented team and ended up with an average season and that is not good enough. That group has the record for best season and won the 1st playoff game in school history. Coach Rider took that team farther than any other coach at VHS. I agree with you that the competition is tough in the big 8, especially when you play 2 6A schools. I understand that it's going to be a tough road ahead for the falcons to even make the playoffs, but I for one have high expectations for this group that's wearing the uniforms today.

rogers... I wasnt trying to relive the 07 season like you apparently thought I was doing. All I was trying to say was that the 07 team had more talent as a whole than most years at vhs and thats why they had a respectable season and until vhs starts to get some of that all around talent again its going to be hard for them to compete thats all i was trying to say. vhs always has a few athletes they just either never have enough of them or they are athletes that cant play inside the trenches. I honestly believe that vhs will have a respectable football program on a yearly basis one of these days and im sure you probably think they will have one too but after 30 years of below average to average football teams its not going to happen overnight.

Good luck tonight vhs!

Volunteer 22

North 12

Good game by North, congratulations on the win and good luck.

Way too many mistakes at crucial times and the defense played good they were just on the field too long. Improvement is critical to get that first win.

Lots to work on this week as we roll into Johnson City next week. Keep fighting guys. GO Falcons!!!

Good game by North, congratulations on the win and good luck.

Way too many mistakes at crucial times and the defense played good they were just on the field too long. Improvement is critical to get that first win.

Lots to work on this week as we roll into Johnson City next week. Keep fighting guys. GO Falcons!!!

Volunteer played a much better game than the score showed. You know luck is not on your side when you recover a fumble take 4 steps and fumble it back to North so they have it 1st and 10. Trying play after play to get Rogers outside will lead to the end of him. The Dbacks are able to come up fast and hard for big hits that no one can take play after play.He seemed to do much better running North South.He hits the hole fast and makes his cut very quick that way.X wildcat Crow looked very good as well. I wish the Falcons all the luck in the world for the rest of their season.