WHAT IS WRONG With South-Doyle

BUCGUY10

I think Coach Duncan is the right guy to turn the team around, but its a very deep hole he has to dig out of. When I watch the games from the stands what I see on the sidelines discourages me. Players are screwing around and talking to friends on the track DURING THE GAME. This is a sign that discipline and focus are lacking and until that is addressed nothing will change. Yes they got a win but it was against the only team they played that was far worse then them (Cocke County). I understand Coach Duncan probably thinks his hands are tied, he doesn't want to run off the little talent he has by trying to instill discipline. I wish him luck and wonder if he will ever try to get some of his old assistants back with him again.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coach Duncan is the right guy to turn the team around, but its a very deep hole he has to dig out of. When I watch the games from the stands what I see on the sidelines discourages me. Players are screwing around and talking to friends on the track DURING THE GAME. This is a sign that discipline and focus are lacking and until that is addressed nothing will change. Yes they got a win but it was against the only team they played that was far worse then them (Cocke County). I understand Coach Duncan probably thinks his hands are tied, he doesn't want to run off the little talent he has by trying to instill discipline. I wish him luck and wonder if he will ever try to get some of his old assistants back with him again.

I agree 100% that without discipline the team will not win games. However, I dont care if it runs off the talent or lack thereof. S-D must have guys that are sold on doing the right thing on and off the field when nobody is watching, e.g. Focusing on the game and not walking around the sidelines like someone owes them, etc. I dont forsee anything changing though because a coach shouldnt cater to a kid if he is going to leave bc Duncan is being to hard on him.