WHAT IS WRONG With South-Doyle

BUCGUY10

I think the problem with south-doyle is they just dont have the players they use to have. Back in the late 90's and even early in the 2000's they had some really good players. They are lacking size and athletes. You just cant win games without those kids no matter who is coaching. Duncan is a proven coach so all the blame cannot go on him. The community support i think is not bad. It could be worse because SD has not won a game in awhile so the community is still backing the cherokees. SD is just got to find a way to get those athlets back to that school that they use to get. And on the coaches that they have and if they do not want to be there yes that is a problem but that is not something you can say without knowing it for sure. That school needs coaches that want the challenge to turn it around. There are alot of great coaches that started at schools like South-Doyle and that is why they are great now. Getting coaches that are from that area could also be a great thing. Support the kees and there coaches

Edited by vols11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem with south-doyle is they just dont have the players they use to have. Back in the late 90's and even early in the 2000's they had some really good players. They are lacking size and athletes. You just cant win games without those kids no matter who is coaching. Duncan is a proven coach so all the blame cannot go on him. The community support i think is not bad. It could be worse because SD has not won a game in awhile so the community is still backing the cherokees. SD is just got to find a way to get those athlets back to that school that they use to get. And on the coaches that they have and if they do not want to be there yes that is a problem but that is not something you can say without knowing it for sure. That school needs coaches that want the challenge to turn it around. There are alot of great coaches that started at schools like South-Doyle and that is why they are great now. Getting coaches that are from that area could also be a great thing. Support the kees and there coaches

Agree. I played all four seasons of my career(99-02) and I was able to feel what it was like to taste victory on a somewhat consistent basis for the last couple years under Swafford. I believe he was an underacheiver in the wins column but at least he brought some pride and swagger to the program. He was an outsider though and I dont think the parents enjoyed their kids being yelled at which ultimately lead to his firing (among other unproven instances). We need some SK blood at the healm and it starts with Clark Duncan getting his #### back to Powell. I'm embarassed/disgraced to know that my home community allows a proven bum to run its football team not to mention its entire athletic program. As far as the person who said SoKno doesnt care about football I'd like you check out pictures of the home games when I played... we were proud to run out to a full house. Our student body put it on the line too. Although I live in Tri-Cities now... my heart lies in South Knox and I'm ready for change.

Agree. I played all four seasons of my career(99-02) and I was able to feel what it was like to taste victory on a somewhat consistent basis for the last couple years under Swafford. I believe he was an underacheiver in the wins column but at least he brought some pride and swagger to the program. He was an outsider though and I dont think the parents enjoyed their kids being yelled at which ultimately lead to his firing (among other unproven instances). We need some SK blood at the healm and it starts with Clark Duncan getting his #### back to Powell. I'm embarassed/disgraced to know that my home community allows a proven bum to run its football team not to mention its entire athletic program. As far as the person who said SoKno doesnt care about football I'd like you check out pictures of the home games when I played... we were proud to run out to a full house. Our student body put it on the line too. Although I live in Tri-Cities now... my heart lies in South Knox and I'm ready for change.

I agree with almost everything you said their i remember going to watch SD play when Swafford coached there and you guys played like you were going to win every time u stepped on the field. As for me I played for Erik Hutchins now was the man a-hole somtimes yes but the man new how to run an offense and SD improved every year under him untill his last two years when we finshed 4-6 and people were calling for his head because he was an a-hole to kids he was an a-hole to me yes i thought about quitting but i got over it and played for him and now I played under Clark Duncan for one year his first year and it wasnt that great losing every game going 0-10 the offense he runs wont work at SD untill he gets the Players that can run but that probly wont happen because they either go to Alcoa,AE,Or Seymour and i still talk to kids on this team who tell me they know their going to lose that friday now tell me is that the attiude as a coach u want your players to have no i dont think so u want them to go out their and believe they have a shot at winning thats what coach hutchins did for us but duncan doesnt seem to do that and as for that Powell comment I can recall him refering to us as powell on two ocasions so it makes u wonder where his loyalty is at.

I agree with almost everything you said their i remember going to watch SD play when Swafford coached there and you guys played like you were going to win every time u stepped on the field. As for me I played for Erik Hutchins now was the man a-hole somtimes yes but the man new how to run an offense and SD improved every year under him untill his last two years when we finshed 4-6 and people were calling for his head because he was an a-hole to kids he was an a-hole to me yes i thought about quitting but i got over it and played for him and now I played under Clark Duncan for one year his first year and it wasnt that great losing every game going 0-10 the offense he runs wont work at SD untill he gets the Players that can run but that probly wont happen because they either go to Alcoa,AE,Or Seymour and i still talk to kids on this team who tell me they know their going to lose that friday now tell me is that the attiude as a coach u want your players to have no i dont think so u want them to go out their and believe they have a shot at winning thats what coach hutchins did for us but duncan doesnt seem to do that and as for that Powell comment I can recall him refering to us as powell on two ocasions so it makes u wonder where his loyalty is at.

sktownoranjc, I dont think I would brag about playing for Swafford. NO body liked him because he was a horses butt, except to the opposite sex of. Were is he now. Heard he went to N.C. and got fired there and came back to East Tenn and got fired again. Does he even coach now?

Yeah i wasnt bragging but its whatever you think man/woman. I never got along with him and I certainly thought he was a hipocrite al the way down the line e.g. the way he taught us to act and live. Last I heard he is coaching a Pee-wee team in Bledsoe county? lol.. but turns out he was coaching a team in NC and had an affair with one of his students there. He lost his liscense in the state and moved back and got a job coaching at Grundy Co. before the STate of TN heard about the accusations. The girls father drove from Hatteras or wherever he was coaching to Gruddy Co. and informed his new school about the situation. They looked further into the case and found that his liscense in TN is suspended as well. He resigned in the middle of the season. This is a board talking about what is wrong with S-D in the present so I'm sorry for bringing up Swaf bc all in all he was a bum as well as all the other coaches at the gridiron healm of SK... btw does anyone know what Darrell Chandler is up tho these days... I heard he left Karns to be the head janitor at South-Doyle??? just a rumor

Yeah i wasnt bragging but its whatever you think man/woman. I never got along with him and I certainly thought he was a hipocrite al the way down the line e.g. the way he taught us to act and live. Last I heard he is coaching a Pee-wee team in Bledsoe county? lol.. but turns out he was coaching a team in NC and had an affair with one of his students there. He lost his liscense in the state and moved back and got a job coaching at Grundy Co. before the STate of TN heard about the accusations. The girls father drove from Hatteras or wherever he was coaching to Gruddy Co. and informed his new school about the situation. They looked further into the case and found that his liscense in TN is suspended as well. He resigned in the middle of the season. This is a board talking about what is wrong with S-D in the present so I'm sorry for bringing up Swaf bc all in all he was a bum as well as all the other coaches at the gridiron healm of SK... btw does anyone know what Darrell Chandler is up tho these days... I heard he left Karns to be the head janitor at South-Doyle??? just a rumor

Chandler is currently an assistant principal at SD.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I read back in the spring that Swafford coached in the youth football league in Bledsoe County and is now the President (http://www.bledsoelittleblue.com/Who_we_are.html). Strange.

Edited by osunut2

I remember the days when south-doyle had the malone brothers, cassius minnifield, the snyders at quaterbacks, kenny harper, choo choo parker, big oline and dline, and when they had all those track guys that could fly playing football. They were spread all over the field and they would compete with anybody. Yea those were in the 90's and early 2000's but the tallent was there. They dont have those type of players no more. In those days they would beat AE and kids wanted to be at south-doyle not fulton or AE. Time has changed and all it takes is one good year to get some players back in South-Knox

I remember the days when south-doyle had the malone brothers, cassius minnifield, the snyders at quaterbacks, kenny harper, choo choo parker, big oline and dline, and when they had all those track guys that could fly playing football. They were spread all over the field and they would compete with anybody. Yea those were in the 90's and early 2000's but the tallent was there. They dont have those type of players no more. In those days they would beat AE and kids wanted to be at south-doyle not fulton or AE. Time has changed and all it takes is one good year to get some players back in South-Knox

Agree with what you are saying except it will take more than one good year, that is why it is so hard to build programs

Right! I dont think one yr could fix the program but one positive yr can do alot for it though. The kids just need something postive and so do the coaches. It could be them winning 2 or 3 games at the end of the yr just to give them something to build on. Its amazing what momentum can do at the end of the yr rolling into the next yr and even the offseason.

Right! I dont think one yr could fix the program but one positive yr can do alot for it though. The kids just need something postive and so do the coaches. It could be them winning 2 or 3 games at the end of the yr just to give them something to build on. Its amazing what momentum can do at the end of the yr rolling into the next yr and even the offseason.

South-Doyle better just hope they win these next two games because if they dont i dont see them beating seymour, sevier county or jeff co.

• 2 weeks later...