Does Pigeon Forge Have Any Winners?

BlueMachine

I originally posted this in the class A section. Sorry for the mistake.

I took a trip up the the UT game this past weekend. While killing some time the next day on UT's campus I bought a Knoxville News Sentinel. While reading the sports page I came to an article on PX3 titled Batts goes to bat for Gibbs. Something startled me about the article. A big quote was out to the side from Pigeon Forge's coach Lee Hammonds. It states "We've got some winners on this team, but I don't know if we have enough". How does that make his team feel? I've seen Pigeon Forge play a few times while visiting their area over the years. I've seen many times how this team can do well running the ball only to have the coach change to spreading it out and trying to throw only to get shut down. This team's had some promise but it seems like it's their coach gets in their way. Maybe his quote should have been "We've got some winners on this team, unfortunately I am not one of them...........

should b a good one .... i know our runner can move the ball but can we stop this kid i hear about from the forge....all i hear is about how great these twoschools dee schemes(PF is runnin tampa two) and man do we both give up a bunch of points (PF 42 per game eagles 38 per game) ill take the eagles if thy ll just line up simple and let these boys play.... quiyt tryin to out coach every one u aint all that! see you ON cosby friday nite

It is gonna take some strong defensive practices and playing for PF to win....Offensively we played very well for the first quarter and half at Gibbs last Friday night and was tied at 7 with about 6 minutes left in the half before the defense self imploded. It was very frustrating watching it go from 7-7 with 6:30 or so left to 28-7 before the half was over. Hope they can get things worked out on the defensive side of play or its gonna be a longgggggggggggggg year.