PRTiii

Do you mean the same sleeper that McCoy Newberg from Indy teched in the region 6 finals last year?

First off, i didn't clarify what sleeper i was talking about, but i will go ahead and say that Independence will not finish in the top five...again. Back to the sleepers. Sleepers are the kids who fly under the radar the whole year and come out in the top six maybe even make it to the finals. So in answering your question no. That kid McCoy teched in the finals of a less then talented region wasn't a sleeper last year and that will probably stay the same this year. I'm not going to guess on who will come out on top, mainly because the season hasn't started, but i will say that there will be some disruption at this weight when it comes down to it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, i didn't clarify what sleeper i was talking about, but i will go ahead and say that Independence will not finish in the top five...again. Back to the sleepers. Sleepers are the kids who fly under the radar the whole year and come out in the top six maybe even make it to the finals. So in answering your question no. That kid McCoy teched in the finals of a less then talented region wasn't a sleeper last year and that will probably stay the same this year. I'm not going to guess on who will come out on top, mainly because the season hasn't started, but i will say that there will be some disruption at this weight when it comes down to it.

:roflol: You and your counterpart are really trying to get stuff started, and what is this grudge you have against Independence? Im sure if WrestlingGod saw this he wouldn't be too excited, but he's stayed pretty dormit for a while. As for not finishing top five, are you referring to Independence as a team? Or Newberg won't finish top 5? Cause I believe Indy finished 5th last year in the traditional tournament and Newberg finished 3rd so which one was "again"?

PRTiii :flower:

:roflol: You and your counterpart are really trying to get stuff started, and what is this grudge you have against Independence? Im sure if WrestlingGod saw this he wouldn't be too excited, but he's stayed pretty dormit for a while. As for not finishing top five, are you referring to Independence as a team? Or Newberg won't finish top 5? Cause I believe Indy finished 5th last year in the traditional tournament and Newberg finished 3rd so which one was "again"?

PRTiii :flower:

I was talking about Indy... again. Two years ago they lucked up and placed fifth.

Check your facts: http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateWrestling/DI/Results.cfm?class=1#Saturday

I was talking about Indy... again. Two years ago they lucked up and placed fifth.

Check your facts: http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/StateWrestling/DI/Results.cfm?class=1#Saturday

In 2008 they got 4th at State Duals and I think they got like 14th at the traditional with 3 medal winners. Then in 2009, I believe they returned all three medal winners, they were a match away from placing at the state duals and got 5th at the traditional with 3 placers and 2 finalists. How can you call that lucky? 2010 they had 3 medal winners and got 7th as a team. This season they have two guys that should be able to place high at the state tournament, Cox and Newberg. They have a handful of other that could do well, especially with it being a double elimination tournament now. So if someone predicted them as a top 5 team this year, I could believe that but to say they got lucky two years ago with getting 5th, that is a little crazy.

Edited by Varsity101