Where will the Beaver Bash be held?

hrdcrwrestler

I started what is now called the Beaver Bash in 1982. Initially it was a scrimage between 4 or 5 schools. After a couple of years I realized there were several things that could be accomplished by this tournament, wrestling time for the wrestlers, training for officials, tournament experience for coaches, and income for the wrestling team. At one point there were over 300 wrestlers participating in it.

It has been diappointing to me that the Karns Program has fallen on hard times. In 1996 it was ranked in the Coaches Poll as one of the top ten teams in the state.

I had an opportunity to meet with Coach Jones last Friday. He is making every attempt to keep the Karns program alive and he is not trying to take the Beaver Bash away from Karns. Instead of making snide remarks some folks who are not helping should be offering their assistance. I am not sure that I would be spending as much time on someone else's program. Not only is he putting together the Beaver Bash, but he has been working on trying to come up with a reccomendation for a coach.

Coach Jones is trying to keep a program alive and needs everyone's help and support.

Dan Dugger

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started what is now called the Beaver Bash in 1982. Initially it was a scrimage between 4 or 5 schools. After a couple of years I realized there were several things that could be accomplished by this tournament, wrestling time for the wrestlers, training for officials, tournament experience for coaches, and income for the wrestling team. At one point there were over 300 wrestlers participating in it.

It has been diappointing to me that the Karns Program has fallen on hard times. In 1996 it was ranked in the Coaches Poll as one of the top ten teams in the state.

I had an opportunity to meet with Coach Jones last Friday. He is making every attempt to keep the Karns program alive and he is not trying to take the Beaver Bash away from Karns. Instead of making snide remarks some folks who are not helping should be offering their assistance. I am not sure that I would be spending as much time on someone else's program. Not only is he putting together the Beaver Bash, but he has been working on trying to come up with a reccomendation for a coach.

Coach Jones is trying to keep a program alive and needs everyone's help and support.

Dan Dugger

Maybe you and Coach Vandergriff could both come out of retirement and co-head coach the Karns team. No way either of you could be an assistant to the other. LOL It would be worth the price of admission to see you guys in the same corner!

I am sure that the ANIMAL and I could handle the situation and if it would increase attendance it might not be a bad idea. Unfortunately warm weather beacons me this winter and I think the ANIMAL is enjoying what he is doing. I do hope that whatever the impediment is, it can be removed and Karns returns back to its former heights. It appears that some folks need to learn how to get along and that the coach is in charge, support the coach and stay out of his way.

Stay out like I did last year! :popcorneater: Nice try :mrgreen: I will not be the only parent and from what Nick tells me is that he sat in on the choosing of the new head coach. I am glad that he has his dads intensity! I now know why Coach Jones was intersted in helping. From what Nick tells me, that your brother was very nice and not much like you...LOL I know some people on this board don't like me and that is fine, (I don't remember asking for a friend request!) I Have helped in every way coach Dugger and I remember practicing with you at Karns with Frank Bryant and Robby Johnson for Freestyle/Greco so thank you for all you have done! But, I will not let happen to the kids what happened last year! I know it effected Nick and the other boys. I don't bring the drama I just calls it like I sees it. LOL LOL .... Good luck to Karns and maybe we get the other brother Coach Jones! I tried to tell the story so the coaches would know what was going on but it was deleted... Oh well, so be it, If you have my kid or someone eleses, I would hope that you and or anyone else would want the same as I.... Sorry so misunderstood! My intentions are truely for the good! :thumb:

• 1 month later...

Stay out like I did last year! :popcorneater: Nice try :mrgreen: I will not be the only parent and from what Nick tells me is that he sat in on the choosing of the new head coach. I am glad that he has his dads intensity! I now know why Coach Jones was intersted in helping. From what Nick tells me, that your brother was very nice and not much like you...LOL I know some people on this board don't like me and that is fine, (I don't remember asking for a friend request!) I Have helped in every way coach Dugger and I remember practicing with you at Karns with Frank Bryant and Robby Johnson for Freestyle/Greco so thank you for all you have done! But, I will not let happen to the kids what happened last year! I know it effected Nick and the other boys. I don't bring the drama I just calls it like I sees it. LOL LOL .... Good luck to Karns and maybe we get the other brother Coach Jones! I tried to tell the story so the coaches would know what was going on but it was deleted... Oh well, so be it, If you have my kid or someone eleses, I would hope that you and or anyone else would want the same as I.... Sorry so misunderstood! My intentions are truely for the good! :thumb:

I said it once and I will say it again! What I saw last year was a very young, VERY GOOD coach, running head strong through the drama we all know you caused, hrdcrwrestler. I would have wanted to keep Harless around! If any one remembers which coach that was in the corner when your boy lost to the Ravenwood kid 2-0 in a very in controlled technical match where he got out moved once. and the coach that was in the corner when he lost 5-2, and tried a wild frenzy throw in the first period as that coach was telling him that he better do something??? I dont wanna cause drama I just calls it like I sees it!!!!

Harless knows coaching theory, your boy was a college wrestler on the mat for Harless! I'd go find him and beg him to come back. You may have brought him up, but Harless put him on the next level!

I said it once and I will say it again! What I saw last year was a very young, VERY GOOD coach, running head strong through the drama we all know you caused, hrdcrwrestler. I would have wanted to keep Harless around! If any one remembers which coach that was in the corner when your boy lost to the Ravenwood kid 2-0 in a very in controlled technical match where he got out moved once. and the coach that was in the corner when he lost 5-2, and tried a wild frenzy throw in the first period as that coach was telling him that he better do something??? I dont wanna cause drama I just calls it like I sees it!!!!

Harless knows coaching theory, your boy was a college wrestler on the mat for Harless! I'd go find him and beg him to come back. You may have brought him up, but Harless put him on the next level!

Like I said in earlier posts the story was told but deleted. Even the one who deleted it confirmed the story as true! Funny that you insult me behind a comp....Nick is already set for college after HS... For your info: I helped coach Nick up until the beginning of his Jr. year. 5th. Freshman 2nd. Sophomore :thumb:

Like I said in earlier posts the story was told but deleted. Even the one who deleted it confirmed the story as true! Funny that you insult me behind a comp....Nick is already set for college after HS... For your info: I helped coach Nick up until the beginning of his Jr. year. 5th. Freshman 2nd. Sophomore :thumb:

I calls it like this: score 0-2....(loss) score 2-5....(loss) end of story!! at least he scored on a good wrestler like Jacob Freeman from Ravenwood HS with me in his corner. Yes, hard to swallow but true! Quit bringing up Harless, he did as good of a job as he could!! We hold no ill feelings with Harless, he is a good coach

Now it's your turn:::::::: :hungry: