CAK vs Sequoyah

dumdum

FB I agree the tackling issue is one that needs to be addressed. It not only shows up on Def. but also on special teams. I believe CAK had eight kickoffs that they had to cover and stopped loudon inside their own 20 4 times. (not to mention the one that was fumbled... :shock: ) But the one that hurt was the one before half time that was almost returned the distance with only seconds remaining. It allowed Loudon to kick a fieldgoal.

Glad I'm not a gambling man cuz I would have never guessed that. It just seemed that we all had to hold our breath everytime we kicked off and that Loudon had a short field to work with most of the night. I'm going to check on those stats MR. Ronnie and call you out on it if they aren't accurate. The one before halftime...dontthinkso.gifwe're going to have to work on that.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree :thumb: I don't think you are suggesting I am not supportive, but just for the record I am extremely supportive of this team, even if we give up 45pts every game. I wouldn't like it, but I would still be supportive. Happy to have a format like this where we can openly discuss our thoughts about the team. Some threads turn into coach bashing, player bashing, fan bashing, team bashing, etc... but I'm confident we can keep this a format that is self analyzing and supportive at the same time. :ugeek:

Gosh no footballdad I think you are very supportive, I'm like you win lose or draw CAK is my team of choice, I don't have any kids that play I just like the team and what they stand for, the coaches are top notch and the fans are very respectful of the visiting fans as well as their own, Rusty Bradley runs a fine program and his supporting cast seem to men with great integrety and really care about these kids. The players are also very respectful and really seem to be good kids. Go Warriors

It will be interesting to see if any changes are made to the defensive starting line up or the defensive rotation. It sounds like the Chiefs have made a lot of progress from last year. I'm looking forward to making my first trip to the Chop House. I wish we could get one of their fans to let us know what's good on the concession menu. Anything "special" or particularly good?

Here's my guess. #67 will see more time at DT and less at DE to help shore up the middle. Maybe a little more rotation with 71, 75, and 67 at DT to keep them fresh. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some rotation at MLB with 42, 44, and maybe 43 and 45 getting some PT to keep fresh legs in the game.

I also think we will see #25 and #5 mixing in at DB with #7, #27, and #30.

If we are inclined to try some new things, IMO, now is the time to do it!

Edited by Govolsknox

It will be interesting to see if any changes are made to the defensive starting line up or the defensive rotation. It sounds like the Chiefs have made a lot of progress from last year. I'm looking forward to making my first trip to the Chop House. I wish we could get one of their fans to let us know what's good on the concession menu. Anything "special" or particularly good?

Here's my guess. #67 will see more time at DT and less at DE to help shore up the middle. Maybe a little more rotation with 71, 75, and 67 at DT to keep them fresh. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some rotation at MLB with 42, 44, and maybe 43 and 45 getting some PT to keep fresh legs in the game.

Now is the time, its time to find the right mix in the right positions. I believe we will see #5 at an OLB spot. Would also like to a heavy dose of 25 in the secondary. We need some of Offensive guys to bring their fire and passion to the defense. Lets get those guys fired up and flying to the ball!!! There are a couple of guys on the OL that play with alot of passion and less talent. We need more of that on the defense. Lets get after them!

In no way was I trying to take a shot at Mark Bradely. I just thought that's what he was known as. And I was just messing with Sawdust. :oops:

Let's get back to football

I was just being playful with you, I know you meant no disrepect. Yes, I have heard others refer to him as "old" as well. geezer.gif Just trying to find a way to use some of my new cool smiley toys. NOW, back to football.

Edited by FootballDad

In no way am I suggesting that we "throw out the baby with the bath water". Remember, just last year we beat a very good Elizabethton team, on the road, 14-13, with DEFENSE, and with many of these same players and with the same 4-4 scheme. We ARE CAPABLE but it will require some adjusting and fine tuning. I feel this debate is healthy because our football program has risen to a level that attracts critique. Self reflection is a necessity if we are to continue to grow our program. While we aren't there yet, we need to aspire to have a team that is capable of beating the best team(s) in our district, and right now that means beating the best team in the state! I'll be there rooting the Warriors on regardless, but I certainly want to see us strive for excellence in all aspects of the game.

Emotions_Animated_3.gif glad all thats off my chest, now on to Madisonville and the Chiefs.

You're right FBDad. If CAK wants to truly compete w/ the best teams in the district & state (Alcoa)...They have to get better at what they are doing or change things up a little.

Now is the time, its time to find the right mix in the right positions. I believe we will see #5 at an OLB spot. Would also like to a heavy dose of 25 in the secondary. We need some of Offensive guys to bring their fire and passion to the defense. Lets get those guys fired up and flying to the ball!!! There are a couple of guys on the OL that play with alot of passion and less talent. We need more of that on the defense. Lets get after them!

Like the idea of a heavy dose of #25 at DB. JMHO, but I like #5 at DB, WR and KR better than OLB. As you know he was my player of the week last week, I just think he is better suited at those positions than OLB.

Alot of good opinions here, I like the idea of different defenses, give the opposing offense something to think about, a 5 front would fix different problems as well as cover 2, I agree change things up use your 4-4 as a base but when the time is right go to a 5 front, we have the horses to do it. Like I said a while back and as it was said by govols I think, look at the scores the d has bent but has not been broken not even by a talented Loudon team, it is not a bad thing to have the points scored against you but it would be bad if it's not fixed and I think Coach Bradley is the man to fix it so lets get behind our undefeated Warriors.

It remains to be seen, if CAK is a really good team or.... a team that puckers up when they play someone that's equal to or better than them.

Nice GVK! I was thinking the same thing

Edited by CajunGator