6A Playoff Standings

randymc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do agree that blackman's schedule is not as strong as oaklands, riverdale, or smyrna...but in NO WAY agree that blackman had a cake walk into the playoffs last year ...we were 9-1 in the regular season with wins over riverdale, brentwood and smyrna...only loss in regular season vs. oakland! this year blackman will play blackman vs symrna (# 1 team in state), blackman vs. oakland-# 2 or #3, blackman vs riverdale-# 6 and blackman vs brentwood # 8 or so...it will all work out in the wash but even if we end up 6-4...we still deserve playoff spot because of the district we play in and we could be district champions in many other 6A districts...we could say that oakland's schedule is not as tough as last year too...ensworth is not very strong this year...independence is terrible...siegel pretty weak...lincoln county is weak...lavergne is terrible...that 5 pretty weak teams on your schedule this year...so we have 6 weak teams and you have 5 weak teams...your post is sort of like the pot calling the kettle black...just let it play out and enjoy the ride!

there are a lot of good teams on that schedule but if im a Blackman fan i wouldnt count on a 4th quarter comeback against Brentwood. Regardless of state rankings i guarantee that evey 1 of Brentwood's opponents has them highlighted on their schedule

if they do it wont matter cuz in the playoffs once they face a team like Brentwood they will not have been prepared for their level of competition and BHS will be and will beat those teams that dont want real competition and decide to pad their schedules

Yes, but when teams that play the demanding schedule dont even make it in to the playoffs is where the issue is.

there are a lot of good teams on that schedule but if im a Blackman fan i wouldnt count on a 4th quarter comeback against Brentwood. Regardless of state rankings i guarantee that evey 1 of Brentwood's opponents has them highlighted on their schedule

Hmm, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, Blackman, Ensworth, then Brentwood in our order "highlighting" probably.

Is Cumberland co. 6A???? I didn't think they were.

They are 5A check out:

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/209153-5a-playoff-standings/

Edited by randymc

Cookeville is in our district. Would that not mean that if they are 6A, we are? The other high school is in a lower division I believe.

remember T$$AA redid the way districts were organized. they put 6A with 5A. 4A with 3A. and 2A with 1A. so although you are in the same district you break out when playoff time comes around. So Cumberland Co. will go with the 5A playoff bracket.