Ugly with a capital U in Munford tonight!

visionaire

Brighton v Munford..Has always been a good, down to the wire battle. Tonight it turned ugly and the actions of both teams was uncalled for. Even though this is a rivalry game, both teams took this beyond the realm of good, clean competetive sport. From the opening kickoff, Brighton players taunted the Munford players unmercifully, while their counterparts, the coaches from Munford spent the night lambasting the officials. At the latter part of the game, the Munford qb was injured and one of the Munford coaches was ejected from the game for screaming obscenities at the opposing coach and his players. The head coach from Munford threw his two cents in also. The end result was that the Brighton players and coaches went to their bus without the traditional handshake exchange and the Munford coaching staff spent a few moments screaming how they felt about matters. To both schools...This is not the type of LEADERSHIP one who expect from the adults who are in charge. Coaches from Brighton should have immediately stopped any player who was out of line by taunting, etc the oppositions's players. On the other hand, I would expect better from the Munford coaches and particularyly their behavior that they shamefully exhibited in front of their players and fans. It was disgusting and uncalled for. Sport demands better!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brighton v Munford..Has always been a good, down to the wire battle. Tonight it turned ugly and the actions of both teams was uncalled for. Even though this is a rivalry game, both teams took this beyond the realm of good, clean competetive sport. From the opening kickoff, Brighton players taunted the Munford players unmercifully, while their counterparts, the coaches from Munford spent the night lambasting the officials. At the latter part of the game, the Munford qb was injured and one of the Munford coaches was ejected from the game for screaming obscenities at the opposing coach and his players. The head coach from Munford threw his two cents in also. The end result was that the Brighton players and coaches went to their bus without the traditional handshake exchange and the Munford coaching staff spent a few moments screaming how they felt about matters. To both schools...This is not the type of LEADERSHIP one who expect from the adults who are in charge. Coaches from Brighton should have immediately stopped any player who was out of line by taunting, etc the oppositions's players. On the other hand, I would expect better from the Munford coaches and particularyly their behavior that they shamefully exhibited in front of their players and fans. It was disgusting and uncalled for. Sport demands better!

There is no question that the Munford program has completely gone backwards since Coach Randle was shoved out. He had completely turned that program around,with 2 really fantastic seasons out of 3 during his watch.

There is no question that the Munford program has completely gone backwards since Coach Randle was shoved out. He had completely turned that program around,with 2 really fantastic seasons out of 3 during his watch.

A lot of our fans were upset with Randall because of his effort to discontinue the M&M Bowl. In all likelihood this may have cost him his job. One thing I do know is that the man could coach and his players and coaches conducted themselves with class. It will be interesting to see how the administration at Munford handles the mess they have on their hands now!

I think the real problem is the administration there. They get coach after coach and either they can't win or they get one who can and make him leave. By process of elimination, I think the real problem there is the person ultimately in charge of making those decisions. It shows me they don't know their head from a horse's arse. Something's gotta change at the top or maybe the people there just settle for less than mediocrity.

A lot of our fans were upset with Randall because of his effort to discontinue the M&M Bowl. In all likelihood this may have cost him his job. One thing I do know is that the man could coach and his players and coaches conducted themselves with class. It will be interesting to see how the administration at Munford handles the mess they have on their hands now!

It is quite funny how no one is talking about the lack of class shown by the Brighton coaching staff. Up 39-2 and kicking an onside kick as well a fake punt on 4th and long on their own 20 yard line with about 2 minutes left in the game. There is no justification for that. If it was revenge they wanted for losing to Munford the year before... these acts did not have to be committed. Also, visionaire, Coach Randle was a good ball coach but to say he and his coaches handled themselves with class is absurd. The way he degraded his players at Munford was inhumane and disrespectful. His assistant coaches were more worried about texting high school students rather than coaching ball. Thats not conducting yourself with class. If you go to any Munford game and you have any knowledge about football, you should see a huge gap of talent between the type of athletes Munford has compared to their opponent. Most of the time in high school football, it is not about the X and O's... it is about the Jimmy and Joes. The fans at Munford are backing the entire coaching staff after every game (win or lose). It is about time to see coaches at Munford who will stick up for their players because many of us wonder how much support they get from the Admin there. There has been a lot of blame put on the coaching staffs at Munford over the years. Many good coaches have been run off there. It may be time to realize what the real problem may be. ---------------------------Jimmy and Joes they do not have

It is quite funny how no one is talking about the lack of class shown by the Brighton coaching staff. Up 39-2 and kicking an onside kick as well a fake punt on 4th and long on their own 20 yard line with about 2 minutes left in the game. There is no justification for that. If it was revenge they wanted for losing to Munford the year before... these acts did not have to be committed. Also, visionaire, Coach Randle was a good ball coach but to say he and his coaches handled themselves with class is absurd. The way he degraded his players at Munford was inhumane and disrespectful. His assistant coaches were more worried about texting high school students rather than coaching ball. Thats not conducting yourself with class. If you go to any Munford game and you have any knowledge about football, you should see a huge gap of talent between the type of athletes Munford has compared to their opponent. Most of the time in high school football, it is not about the X and O's... it is about the Jimmy and Joes. The fans at Munford are backing the entire coaching staff after every game (win or lose). It is about time to see coaches at Munford who will stick up for their players because many of us wonder how much support they get from the Admin there. There has been a lot of blame put on the coaching staffs at Munford over the years. Many good coaches have been run off there. It may be time to realize what the real problem may be. ---------------------------Jimmy and Joes they do not have

[

No one is disagreeing with you about Brighton. Their actions were deplorable. However, screaming obscenities at the opposing coaches/players can't be condoned either. I remember, because I was there, the scene at Bellvue Baptist last fall. Nothing you can say will justify that either. Heck, the principal even gets into the act occasionally. According to one of the current staff he has even picked up an unsportsmanlike penalty himself for yelling at officials. Munford may be athlete poor but there is no reason to be character poor!

I think the lack of support from the admin at Munford has been a problem for years.You can look down on the sidelines and see these people trying to be coaches. A rivalry game like this will always bring a lot of emotion but running fake punts and going on fourth down up 39-2 just adds fuel to the fire. I applaude Coach Saunders and his staff for sticking up for their kids. Maybe everything could have been handled a little different but overall protection of their players seemed to be in the Munford coaches interest. Munford has always been a great program . I think they have a good coaching staff with a lot of knowledge and lets get behind them and make Munford successful.