Craigmont vs Arlington

onefortheteam

Big game in Shelby Metro...

I'm bias (obviously a Tiger fan), I hope the Tigers can pull out a extremely tough win. Craigmont is loaded and should be a 5A contender, who could have beat Briarcrest if not for a couple of untimely turnovers. Arlington has it's offense working again (365 total points, 45.6 point per game), but can their defense stand tough? And can their O keep moving the ball with a great D like Craigmont on the field?

What do you think?

Edited by onefortheteam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game in Shelby Metro...

I'm bias (obviously a Tiger fan), I hope the Tigers can pull out a extremely tough win. Craigmont is loaded and should be a 5A contender, who could have beat Briarcrest if not for a couple of untimely turnovers. Arlington has it's offense working again (365 total points, 45.6 point per game), but can their defense stand tough? And can their O keep moving the ball with a great D like Craigmont on the field?

What do you think?

This is a tough call, but it's Craigmont's game to lose. If their offense doesn't turn it over and their defense stops the pass, their isn't anything Arlington can do to win. Arlington is putting up points based on a very effective passing attack. Craigmont's secondary will be tested like they were against Briarcrest. Should be a great game.

This is a tough call, but it's Craigmont's game to lose. If their offense doesn't turn it over and their defense stops the pass, their isn't anything Arlington can do to win. Arlington is putting up points based on a very effective passing attack. Craigmont's secondary will be tested like they were against Briarcrest. Should be a great game.

--------------------

Craigmont is a great team. I hope Arlington can step up to the challenge. This game has big ramifications in the district. I also think it will be a great game.

Craigmont by 1 in 2 OT. Good game, and goodluck.

It was a great game between 2 good teams. The turnovers were the difference and the refrees were the most unprofessional group I have seen (they should be reviewed)in at least 15 years. Inadvertant whistles(one on Arlington's 2ot extra point try that was blown at the snap and caused many players to stop, including the kicker who paused then kicked it into the line, IT WAS NOT BLOCKED it hit a Arlington lineman in the back, and left many looking for a flag thinking there was a penalty), it took 10 minutes to correctly spot the ball between the 1st and 2nd (because they cannot communicate), and spotted the ball ten yards backwards from the correct spot even with the scoreboard showing the original position(this was only corrected after the crowd booed for 5 minutes and they looked back and for at each other like lost children, and the penalties were 3 to 10 or more. Inspite of their complete mockery of professionalism, it was a incredible game. Craigmont is a great team and I hope they bring back the 5A title to West TN. Craigmont is big, fast, athletic, and well coached. This game was going to leave one team feeling unsatisfied with the result either way, and Arlington has had more than their share of nail biting wins. Now they have to bounce back, and be ready to play a tough Millington team in a must win for both teams (both playing for 2nd automatic playoff spot in the district).

Edited by onefortheteam

I was at this game - it was INCREDIBLE. Back and forth all night long. And I agree about the refs. They were pretty bad. One play Arlington ran there was a whistle after the snap and everyone on the field stopped. They looked at each other and the refs did nothing so the Arlington WR just took off. And the spot after the quarter change was ridiculous. But from what I saw, the XP WAS blocked. Craigmont has a HUGE lineman that got his hand on it. But this was one of those games that neither team deserved to lose. One of the best games I have seen in a long time. Arlington is going to make some noise in the playoffs in my opinion.