Cumberland Gap @ Claiborne

veerman8133

CG coming off a throttling to the hands of Greeneville and Claiborne coming off a loss to West Greene. Both teams looking for a win. Claiborne has had a pretty good season so far. CG...not so much. They've lost 6 in a row since the week 1 win. This game's on tv and a chance for both teams to get some publicity. Claiborne is still playing for 2nd in the district while CG is just playing for pride right now. This game being on a thursday has given both teams a short week and not much time to lick their wounds from friday. I'm expecting a good game. You throw out the win/loss records when these two tangle. Claiborne won at CG last year. CG is looking for revenge. I'm predicting the upset. I think the Panthers will come out and play like they've never played before and come out with a win! Go get 'em boys!

CG - 31

Claiborne - 28

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Wishful thinking Veerman? I don't think CG has what it takes to stop Claiborne's offense. I also don't think CG has the offense to beat Claiborne's defense. Claiborne wins this game with ease. Good luck to both teams as I will be hoping for the upset too, it would help out my Greene County teams in conference standings.

Wishful thinking Veerman? I don't think CG has what it takes to stop Claiborne's offense. I also don't think CG has the offense to beat Claiborne's defense. Claiborne wins this game with ease. Good luck to both teams as I will be hoping for the upset too, it would help out my Greene County teams in conference standings.

Very much wishful thinking bud. And I just got a gut feeling about this one. Like I said, when these two get together, you throw out all the records. I'm sure CG will come out fired up for this one...i just hope they can make it last for four qtrs.

Very much wishful thinking bud. And I just got a gut feeling about this one. Like I said, when these two get together, you throw out all the records. I'm sure CG will come out fired up for this one...i just hope they can make it last for four qtrs.

I understand that throw the whole records thing out the window concept. Same thing goes on down here when the county teams get together. There is nothing like high school rivalries, in any sport, but especially football. Good luck to your Panthers, I'm afraid they'll need it.

I understand that throw the whole records thing out the window concept. Same thing goes on down here when the county teams get together. There is nothing like high school rivalries, in any sport, but especially football. Good luck to your Panthers, I'm afraid they'll need it.

There's been many times in this rivalry, even dating back to the old Powell Valley/Claiborne Co. High school days that the better team has gotten beat. Anything that could've went wrong has for CG this year. From losing their QB to costly freshmen/sophomore mistakes etc. I feel it's about time something go right for them for a change!!! Realistically (spelling?) CG should have one more win and maybe two more. But it hasn't worked out that way. I hope them boys go out there and play their hearts out. You are right bud, they're gonna need a couple breaks and a little lady luck. I'm hoping they get it. I'm still saying CG in a shocker!!!

:thumb:

There's been many times in this rivalry, even dating back to the old Powell Valley/Claiborne Co. High school days that the better team has gotten beat. Anything that could've went wrong has for CG this year. From losing their QB to costly freshmen/sophomore mistakes etc. I feel it's about time something go right for them for a change!!! Realistically (spelling?) CG should have one more win and maybe two more. But it hasn't worked out that way. I hope them boys go out there and play their hearts out. You are right bud, they're gonna need a couple breaks and a little lady luck. I'm hoping they get it. I'm still saying CG in a shocker!!!

:thumb:

veerman you are right on this one. In 2007, cumberland gap was 4-0 and i think claiborne might have been 2-2 maybe and both had played chuckey-doak with claiborne barely winning in overtime and the gap killing them so obviously the gap was the better team but claiborne came out fired up and jumped up on them and almost beat them with the gap coming back at the end but this year its kind of vice versa, whoever comes out fired up and ready to play will win, anything can happen.

Well it was a great game to watch. Claiborne jumped out 21-0. It was 21-6 at half. In the 4th cg had cut it to 27-21. Mistakes killed cg again. Fumbled punt ret and a blocked punt were back breakers. It took cg too long to get going. But they fought and showed more heart than ive seen all year. Congrats to chs. You guys played well. For cg...finish your last 2 games strong and try and get some wins...you guys deserve it.

Well it was a great game to watch. Claiborne jumped out 21-0. It was 21-6 at half. In the 4th cg had cut it to 27-21. Mistakes killed cg again. Fumbled punt ret and a blocked punt were back breakers. It took cg too long to get going. But they fought and showed more heart than ive seen all year. Congrats to chs. You guys played well. For cg...finish your last 2 games strong and try and get some wins...you guys deserve it.

I watched this one on the tube....momentum is a funny thing, and flipped back and forth, Claiborne had it early, and late. The teams looked pretty evenly matched, both teams QB's are pretty good.