Nooga Area

MVM

Thank you everyone for the e-mails looking for the top 10, week 8. Sorry for the delay, but the Cabal was extremely busy this week and could not find the time to convene for our last regular season poll. Sooo, with no further delay.. here it is

1..Baylor...By far the best team in the area.

2..Soddy-Daisy..While they did tie GPS, the Cabal thought they had the better go at it.

3..GPS..It is amazing what an outstanding goal keeper means to a team.

4..The Green Irish..Having Home field advantage in the playoffs should be helpful.

5..Signal Mtn..Can they keep the run going in the playoffs?

6..CCS..Can they get out of the District?

7..McMinn Co...With Taylor and #10, They are dangerous

7..Cleveland..I'm waiting for the rematch vs McMinn

9..East Hamilton..Somewhere in their future is a rematch vs the Irish. I think

10..CSAS..I still don't much about this team, But Go Sterling....

Edited by MVM

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for the e-mails looking for the top 10, week 8. Sorry for the delay, but the Cabal was extremely busy this week and could not find the time to convene for our last regular season poll. Sooo, with no further delay.. here it is

2..Soddy-Daisy..While they did tie GPS, the Cabal thought they had the better go at it.

4..The Green Irish..Having Home field advantage in the playoffs should be helpful.

It's a shame 3 of the top 6 teams are in the same A\AA district.

Always a fun read and pretty darn accurate. Since you used the idea first in your SD/GPS comment, I thought the same thing about the ND/Baylor game. ND had the better go of it. Means nothing in real life, but...

How do they set up the Div II AA East matchups ? (Baylor/GPS)

D

See this link: http://www.tssaa.org/Sports/GirlsSoccer/Instructions/DIIAAinstructions.htm All Div II AA teams make playoffs. Baylor will be East/Middle #1 if they beat JPII tonight. Otherwise JPII will be #1 and Baylor #2 unless JPII losses last game to BGA next Tuesday. GPS will likely be #7. None of this is set until all games are finished in the next week or so.

Also, after 1st two rounds of playoffs, TSSAA will reset brackets for semis in Chattanooga

Edited by FutbalFan

See this link: http://www.tssaa.org/Sports/GirlsSoccer/Instructions/DIIAAinstructions.htm All Div II AA teams make playoffs. Baylor will be East/Middle #1 if they beat JPII tonight. Otherwise JPII will be #1 and Baylor #2 unless JPII losses last game to BGA next Tuesday. GPS will likely be #7. None of this is set until all games are finished in the next week or so.

Thanks...I wasn't sure how close the teams were to being set..Guess A-AA finishes sooner...

D

Notre Dame 2 Bearden 2

This was a game of 2 halves. Bearden totally dominated the first half scoring 2 goals and leading 2-0 at half. ND came back and scored an early goal in the second half on a beautiful free kick by Gaby Gurrola. Kathryn Healy hit a laser shot with 2 minutes to go to tie the score. From the ND point of view it felt pretty good to tie considering the way it looked early. Kudos to the girls for working their butts off in the second half and not giving up!

Go Irish!

Sequatchie County has forfeited :angry: the game against Notre Dame that was to be the first round Tuesday, so Notre Dame now advances to the next round against the winner of the Signal Mountain/CCS game....

Wonder if Sequatchie County will go ahead and forfeit all of their district games NEXT year :?: ...they bailed out on Notre Dame and CCS, and got thumped by Signal Mountain this season...

D

Sequatchie County has forfeited :angry: the game against Notre Dame that was to be the first round Tuesday, so Notre Dame now advances to the next round against the winner of the Signal Mountain/CCS game....

Wonder if Sequatchie County will go ahead and forfeit all of their district games NEXT year :?: ...they bailed out on Notre Dame and CCS, and got thumped by Signal Mountain this season...

D

And why would they not......Maybe, Just maybe, It beats getting thumped. The Chattanooga teams have not been very kind to Sequatchie Co.. If memory serves me right ND beat them one year 18-0. AND one starter scored 6 or 8 goals that game.

And why would they not......Maybe, Just maybe, It beats getting thumped. The Chattanooga teams have not been very kind to Sequatchie Co.. If memory serves me right ND beat them one year 18-0. AND one starter scored 6 or 8 goals that game.

I an pretty sure the first time ND ever played them was last year. Score was 10-0. The game turned into a passing clinic with players just standing around.