David Crockett vs Sullivan South

crawdad

Coach Haynie added a signature win to his resume with an emotional, hard fought win over Stacy Carter's Hilltoppers. Coach Greene's Pioneers are reeling on the heels of a beatdown administered by the Dobyns-Bennett Indians. Either team can secure a playoff birth with a victory getting them to 5 wins on the season.

It's time for Southers to rally round their team as we show appreciation for a Senior class that been part of a most successful run on the field, experienced the heartache of losing a beloved teammate, and survived the emotional upheaval of a coaching change. The potential is now there to have a very successful season with a solid playoff run, but it all starts with taking care of a determined Pioneer squad.

REBEL NATION thumb[1].gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Haynie added a signature win to his resume with an emotional, hard fought win over Stacy Carter's Hilltoppers. Coach Greene's Pioneers are reeling on the heels of a beatdown administered by the Dobyns-Bennett Indians. Either team can secure a playoff birth with a victory getting them to 5 wins on the season.

It's time for Southers to rally round their team as we show appreciation for a Senior class that been part of a most successful run on the field, experienced the heartache of losing a beloved teammate, and survived the emotional upheaval of a coaching change. The potential is now there to have a very successful season with a solid playoff run, but it all starts with taking care of a determined Pioneer squad.

REBEL NATION thumb[1].gif

Hey, Craw. I have been very happy with the support of the Rebel Nation this year. Even though some of our games have not had the numbers of the past 3-4 years, we have traveled well and we are loud. One thing about this team that has been extremely interesting to watch is how some of them have matured and grown. We all knew that Nick Solt and Haden and Hyder would be solid performers and leaders, but to see Harmon, Chappel, Shanks, Wilky, and now Steffey step to the front is exciting. Hubbard, for whom it took a game or two to mature, is now, I believe, at his best and is looked upon by his underclassmen as a Leader on the team. Congratulations to a bunch of boys who could have laid down, but have chosen to come together and fight. You are fun to watch. Keep the focus and the intensity.

Guest footballfan100

I thought that the running back, #1, was back and healthy from the bruised knee suffered vs. GC (i think).. Wasn't he the starter until then?? How can one go from being starter to not even playing??? He had to be pretty good to have been the starter at one time? And how come that the only player that seems to bring the fire is that linebacker?? is he the only one with emotion??? just a few points to ponder from observing a couple of south games??

Well 100, that crazy LB was written off as a problem child that no one, including Stacy could seem to get to. I seem to be drawn to the misfits and praised him on. I think he is but a fine example of the Haynie Train's motivational expertice. He was labled as the great athlete that could not be harnessed. Watch for the Black Sheep to get even better. And if you are speaking of #15 then you haven't been watching #5. As well, I feel the D line are holding their own...especially well against DB and or course Science Hill. And the RB delima? Well when #1 went down another stepped up and stepped up big. And then yet another stepped up. And then...we got our Soph Raven back in the lineup from a spring injury. So depth at that position is actually reassuring. Not to mention #44. Who is one of this teams most important turnarounds. He was, at the beginning of the season shall we say, a less than stellar senior leader. However, now has become a "Hub" of this teams realization of it's responsibility to it's recent heritage. Which is exactly the reason for this teams regrouping...the senior leadership. They are just getting fired up.

Edited by compusatman

Good question Hilt. Of course the MLC had it's own website to display up to the minute stats on all of the normal records. I wonder who compiled those stats and who was the webmaster. It was obviously a large job. Do you know who was in charge of the MLC site? Maybe someone who is in the know could names and numbers. I sure there are those of us who would be willing to lend a hand.

Has the Times-News or anyone else posted stats for this year?

Other than Haden, has anyone even gotten 50yds rushing in a game?

Best I can tell jhilts, Haden has been leading rusher in every game except D-B and Central. Hubbard was leader in those 2 with 9/65 and 3/45 respectively.Cassell had13/44 vs Boone and 5/60 vs Gate City. I am pretty sure he had about 70 on the last drive in the Volunteer game as well. Weaver is coming on as of late with his best performance of 46 yds vs Science Hill. great question and I think the general answer is balance is growing in both the rushing game and passing game as more options emerge.

*amendment: Cassell had 16/92 vs Volunteer with 80 yds. on the last drive

Edited by crawdad

Best I can tell jhilts, Haden has been leading rusher in every game except D-B and Central. Hubbard was leader in those 2 with 9/65 and 3/45 respectively.Cassell had13/44 vs Boone and 5/60 vs Gate City. I am pretty sure he had about 70 on the last drive in the Volunteer game as well. Weaver is coming on as of late with his best performance of 46 yds vs Science Hill. great question and I think the general answer is balance is growing in both the rushing game and passing game as more options emerge.

*amendment: Cassell had 16/92 vs Volunteer with 80 yds. on the last drive

Crawdad, you are a freakin genious. I'm about ready to let the wampus-cat out of the cage.

Look out!! Look out!! The wampus-cat is about to be released.

Well 100, that crazy LB was written off as a problem child that no one, including Stacy could seem to get to. I seem to be drawn to the misfits and praised him on. I think he is but a fine example of the Haynie Train's motivational expertice. He was labled as the great athlete that could not be harnessed. Watch for the Black Sheep to get even better. And if you are speaking of #15 then you haven't been watching #5. As well, I feel the D line are holding their own...especially well against DB and or course Science Hill. And the RB delima? Well when #1 went down another stepped up and stepped up big. And then yet another stepped up. And then...we got our Soph Raven back in the lineup from a spring injury. So depth at that position is actually reassuring. Not to mention #44. Who is one of this teams most important turnarounds. He was, at the beginning of the season shall we say, a less than stellar senior leader. However, now has become a "Hub" of this teams realization of it's responsibility to it's recent heritage. Which is exactly the reason for this teams regrouping...the senior leadership. They are just getting fired up.

So I guess they punish Jordan for getting hurt....Hubbard is good but Jordan brings more to the table IF they would use him right.As for Jake he will be good but he runs straight up and if he continue's this he will get hurt...And for stepping up Hubbard has on defense.I would like to see Cassell get 25-30 carries against DC and people would see what he can do.You can't expect a rb to only carry the ball 3 to 4 times a game and be productive no matter if it's Jordan,Hubbard or Weaver they never get the chance..and that is sad because they will need it if they plan on getting very far.They should know that by the way they tried to run Curt to death...when they could've used your boy more and the outcome of Curts senior yr may have been a gold ball.

So I guess they punish Jordan for getting hurt....Hubbard is good but Jordan brings more to the table IF they would use him right.As for Jake he will be good but he runs straight up and if he continue's this he will get hurt...And for stepping up Hubbard has on defense.I would like to see Cassell get 25-30 carries against DC and people would see what he can do.You can't expect a rb to only carry the ball 3 to 4 times a game and be productive no matter if it's Jordan,Hubbard or Weaver they never get the chance..and that is sad because they will need it if they plan on getting very far.They should know that by the way they tried to run Curt to death...when they could've used your boy more and the outcome of Curts senior yr may have been a gold ball.

Well RRN, I didn't intend to discount #1. I just think it to be incredible that when he goes down that others stepped up the way they did. But by all means I would like to see more carries for Jordan. But my view did not change from the beginning of the season. They need to get him to the edge. But you are correct in that it takes a substantial number of carries for a RB to find his groove. And 3 or 4 carries don't cut it. Not even 10 or 12. And you would be surprised to know that even he admits that it should have been that way in 2007. #15's Average was 10 carries a game as a Junior (believe it or not) and 15 as a Senior. And yes you are correct, that is birthday cake compared to #1 or South's RB's as a group. And I as well would like to see Jordan featured this week. And yes, it will pay dividends down the road. As far as putting the Soph in the backfield in place of the others is something I don't understand. But then I am not at practice every week so I wouldn't know. But doesn't common sense say that we should work on the running game this week? And even from under center? Anyway, I look forward to seeing them play this week at home.

Well RRN, I didn't intend to discount #1. I just think it to be incredible that when he goes down that others stepped up the way they did. But by all means I would like to see more carries for Jordan. But my view did not change from the beginning of the season. They need to get him to the edge. But you are correct in that it takes a substantial number of carries for a RB to find his groove. And 3 or 4 carries don't cut it. Not even 10 or 12. And you would be surprised to know that even he admits that it should have been that way in 2007. #15's Average was 10 carries a game as a Junior (believe it or not) and 15 as a Senior. And yes you are correct, that is birthday cake compared to #1 or South's RB's as a group. And I as well would like to see Jordan featured this week. And yes, it will pay dividends down the road. As far as putting the Soph in the backfield in place of the others is something I don't understand. But then I am not at practice every week so I wouldn't know. But doesn't common sense say that we should work on the running game this week? And even from under center? Anyway, I look forward to seeing them play this week at home.

Taylor was a great rb that Jordan looked up to..I don't think they used him enough. Jordan picked up on his spin move..he has used it quite often this year.Thats how he got out of that mess against Gate City on the run he got hurt on.As far as Jordan playing Friday night I don't know if they will play him or not..he got released to play before the DB game and then the Volunteer game they waited until the 4th to put him in...I guess to see if his injury was going to hold up...and he ended up the night with 94yds on 16 carries with 13 of them on the finale drive. and then the Science Hill game they didn't even use him..It don't make any sense to me anyhow I will be there Friday night for Senior night our finale stroll across Death Valley..Go Rebels !!!! :thumb: