Knoxville Rules Meeting, 19 Oct, 6pm

GoSpartans

The rules meeting will be at Webb School in Knoxville tonight, 19 Oct. The street address, should you need directions is:

9800 Webb School Drive

Knoxville, 37923

The meeting will be in the cafeteria which is located in the Central Building. There will be road signs on campus directing you to the Central Building. It will start at 6pm.

Also, the UTC coaching staff is putting on a coaching clinic at Webb as well. It will be from 4-5:30pm, and it will be held in the wrestling room. Follow the signs on campus to the Lee Athletic Center, and the wrestling room entrance is at the back of that building.

Ryan Welch

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the "social" was during the rules meeting. You must have missed it!

One of the coaches fell, bumped his head on a piece of paper, got up a little dizzy. Since he had a "symptom" a concussion it was determined that the social would be canceled at that point. We are waiting for a MD/DO to sign off on the release form so the "social" can continue.

Edited by rcpatriot

the "social" was during the rules meeting. You must have missed it!

One of the coaches fell, bumped his head on a piece of paper, got up a little dizzy. Since he had a "symptom" a concussion it was determined that the social would be canceled at that point. We are waiting for a MD/DO to sign off on the release form so the "social" can continue.

Now thats funny. An no coach had to be ejected...lol

Now thats funny. An no coach had to be ejected...lol

Wrong, as would have it, I got ejected cause I complained that the referee didn't protect the coach from hitting his head on the paper! The ref got in my face, I told him he needed to use some mouth wash (i swear that's all i said to him!!!). He then ejected me. When I asked him why...he simply said "cause i can"! Of course, I'm going to appeal it.

Another example of why wrestling isn't growing in Knoxville. There was limited communication regarding this event. It could have been much more.

It was posted 3 days ago. Enough time for coaches to plan to get there. Every other location the UTC coaches have gone it has not been a problem. I dont think its lack of communication, more lack of interest or commitment.

It was posted 3 days ago. Enough time for coaches to plan to get there. Every other location the UTC coaches have gone it has not been a problem. I dont think its lack of communication, more lack of interest or commitment.

COMMUNICATION IS NOT THE ISSUE. I SENT AN E-MAIL WITH THIS INFORMATION TO EVERY WRESTLING COACH IN THE KNOXVILLE AREA ABOUT A MONTH AGO. ONE PROBLEM IS FOOTBALL. SEVERAL WRESTLING COACHES, COACH FOOTBALL ALSO. TUESDAY IS A VERY IMPORANTANT DAY IN PREPING FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.

IF I WAS A HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING COACH AND A COLLEGE COACHES WAS COMING TO MY AREA AND GIVING A "FREE" COACHING CLINIC. I WOULD HAVE BEEN HERE, NO MATTER WHAT. I WOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING NOTES AND VIDEOTAPING EVERY WORD.

SO I AGREE WITH YOUR "LACK OF INTEREST AND COMMITMENT" STATEMENT.

THE ANIMAL