District 11A

jumpman34

First let me say that I agree, Boshers IS a darn good player. But District MVP?? C'MON MAN!!

yea i agree but there is more to being a good basketball player defense, rebounds, scoring, and being there for your team when they need u the most.Boshers is a great scorer but how many rebounds, steals, or even blocks does he get a game. MVP should be someone who should be able to score, rack up rebounds, and throw someone into the bleaches at the most crucial part of the game and there team would be nothin without him

Boshers gets his fare share of rebounds, he is either second or third on the team, but Hampshire's posts are in the game mainly to rebound..they dont use to post as offense much at all. I would be willing to bet that Boshers is also the first or second leading assist man on the team. He doesn't block many shots and granted Hampshire only has 7 wins but they have played every team in the district pretty well. Everyone talks about the players that left Hampshire and how good they could have been had those players stayed, but in my opinion, they may have won less games if some players had stayed. The chemistry on this team is the best ive ever seen. They play hard every night and work together as a team..Boshers is a superhero at Hampshire because he is a great all around player in every sport, but is also one of the greatest teammates. Hampshire is still a young team, keep an eye out for Fabian Bojorquez #3 and Hayden Lightfoot #5, they are freshman guards, who like all Hampshire players have been relied on all season.

Hampshire will never be a powr in this district. THeir best years came in the 90's when they had a couple of good seasons.

i agree in my opinion boshers is a good scorer but not a all around player.I believe either one of the 2 twins from ca, princton harlem, mike lovett, or number 15 on santa fe. these are players who can score, make a good play, rebound, and throw someone into the bleaches. it should be one of these players

Hampshire is and always will be at a major disadvantage when it comes to sports due to the lack of people to choose from..usually whoever tries out for the team will make it. I think Hampshire will win a few more games next year than they have this year..but hey this year isnt over for them..I believe they will have Santa Fe in the first round and Hampshire has already proven that they can go into that gym and get a win..and that win happened with their best players in foul trouble

Hampshire is and always will be at a major disadvantage when it comes to sports due to the lack of people to choose from..usually whoever tries out for the team will make it. I think Hampshire will win a few more games next year than they have this year..but hey this year isnt over for them..I believe they will have Santa Fe in the first round and Hampshire has already proven that they can go into that gym and get a win..and that win happened with their best players in foul trouble

Bring back David Price from the 90's and you may have a shot at winning the district. Ii believe that was his name--its been a few years ago--the little point guard that could light it up when they had a couple of good seasons.

MVP race -

1. Spencer Richardson (Best all around)

2. Princeton Harlan (Defensive MVP)

3. Noah Richardson (Good midrange and passer)

4. Will Boshers (Best shooter)

5. Hunter Best (All around/shooter)

others...Lovett (all around), #45 Culleoka (poor mans kevin love), Kade Morgan (great defender)

will boshers was robbed for district MVP....he is the best player on a below average team..he gets game planned for every night..if you put any of these other players listed on hampshire and they wouldnt average anywhere near 20pts a game..and you have harlan listed as best defender....well boshers put 35 on him in 2 games which is 17.5ppg which is below his average but still enough to lead district...the other players listed are all very good but they also have great supporting cast to help them along(exception to lovett he has to do it by his self)MVP is Most Valuable Player.....meaning most valuable to your team you take boshers away from hampshire and they would have struggled to win a game but C.A. would have been just fine without the richardson kid...

The people I mentioned were just my opinion. I don't know what the final results were.

You keep bringing up ppg stats. That's all fine and dandy but that's not the end all be all stat. You have to take into account how many shots does it take to get those points? Boshers has the green light to shoot anytime, anywhere. It's pretty easy to pile up points with 30 shots a game. How efficient of a player is he?

MVP should also take into consideration WINS. Hampshire simply didn't win enough games to have any player deserve MVP consideration.

The people listed above him are simply better players.

The people I mentioned were just my opinion. I don't know what the final results were.

You keep bringing up ppg stats. That's all fine and dandy but that's not the end all be all stat. You have to take into account how many shots does it take to get those points? Boshers has the green light to shoot anytime, anywhere. It's pretty easy to pile up points with 30 shots a game. How efficient of a player is he?

MVP should also take into consideration WINS. Hampshire simply didn't win enough games to have any player deserve MVP consideration.

The people listed above him are simply better players.

A player is only as good as the people around him..All i said was put any of those of other kids on hampshire and see how many games they win..there have been alot of great players over time who didnt have the supporting cast to win a championship....and like i said the award is most VALUABLE not best all around player...boshers is more valuable to his team than any of the above listed..but i guess that is his fault to..and it is easier to be efficent when you have better players around you..therefore you are not the focal point of the defense..the number of wins a team gets does not tell how good an individual player is

will boshers was robbed for district MVP....he is the best player on a below average team..he gets game planned for every night..if you put any of these other players listed on hampshire and they wouldnt average anywhere near 20pts a game..and you have harlan listed as best defender....well boshers put 35 on him in 2 games which is 17.5ppg which is below his average but still enough to lead district...the other players listed are all very good but they also have great supporting cast to help them along(exception to lovett he has to do it by his self)MVP is Most Valuable Player.....meaning most valuable to your team you take boshers away from hampshire and they would have struggled to win a game but C.A. would have been just fine without the richardson kid...

with boshers, hampshire loses. without him, they still lose. if he wasn't on the team, it wouldn't change anything much.

Edited by Monkey Wrench