MUS vs Briarcrest

footballace1

After a disappointing loss for the owls, I expect them to rebound and have a comfortable win at home, especially since Briarcrest's QB is hurt. I think MUS should be able to put up a good amount of points against this Briarcrest defense. My prediction: 31-14 MUS

What is the prognosis on the qb from briarcrest is he out for the year or can he get back for the playoffs and if he did get back is he that big of a game changer that it would be a big deal? I haven't seen briarcrest play this year.

What is the prognosis on the qb from briarcrest is he out for the year or can he get back for the playoffs and if he did get back is he that big of a game changer that it would be a big deal? I haven't seen briarcrest play this year.

It's only been 2 weeks since he broke his collarbone. I think one can safely assume his season is over. Not only was he a great QB, but his replacement is now playing out of his best position, so it really affects them doubly. Very tough luck for the Saints. Without this, they likely would have made some hay in the playoffs. Now it'll be very tough going for them. Struggling last week against St Benedict was not a good bellweather for them.

Edited by owlbooster

The Saints' Frosh Nagle played QB and acquitted himself well under the circumstances. He has a promising future. This allowed Becton-Martin to do his usual running thing and catch a bunch of passes. Still wasn't enough. There were a lot of turnovers. The Owls had several "big plays" - something unusual for them this year.

MUS win versus Briarcrest was impressive. Realize it was a home game and they were coming off disappointing loss against CBHS. However, they showed a balanced and powerful offense that will take them far in the playoffs. Would not want to play them at this point in the season. They are 2-time defending state champs and will show the teams from the East/Central they are a force to contend with.

I still believe the West will shine in this years playoffs, and MUS and CBHS will play each other again for the title. Will bring back memories of 2005 when MUS avenged it's only loss during regular season play by beating CBHS in the final few minutes of play. It's anyones game this year, but the WEST will certainly be the BEST when it's all said and done. GO OWLS AND PURPLE WAVE!