Hendersonville @ Gallatin ...playoffs first round

runninblind

Well I guess I could get on here and complain about the ridiculous excuse for officiating that I witnessed last night but that crew probably hasn't made it home yet because they were so lost. I doubt they are allowed to call a game again if the tape is turned in. Completely let that game get out of control!!

Fact is if you turn the ball over, you will get beat especially against a sound team. Hendersonville is a sound team. The offensive line did not do a good job picking up the blitz packages or blocking the front 4. Tremaine was under heavy pressure once again all night. I did like to see some of the screens that I knew would work but it was not enough. #20 for Hendersonville ran the buck sweep to perfection. Against Hendersonville the fullback dive and buck sweep are mainstays in their offense. You have to be able to stop those plays. Gallatin did not. Hendersonville will have a very tough time with Henry County. Congrats to the Commandos, I wish it wouldn't have been the 1st round and back to back but it is now just more lore to the rivalry.

Hate to see some of the seniors end on a note like this but that is how it goes sometimes. On a positive note, Gallatin has a lot of talent returning!!!

I just wanted to interject a thought. While I too thought that last nights performance was very troubling as a Gallatin Fan/Alum, I do think that we should be careful to criticize the offensive line for not doing a good job of picking up the blitz packages. Gallatin spent an awful lot of time in an empty set backfield, Hendersonville covered the recievers man to man (5 recievers against 5 dbs). This allowed Hendersonville to bring an unaccounted 6th rusher with which 5 men can not contend. Ironically, the staff didn't seem to adjust wisely at the half and the very aggressive Hendersonville defense continued to exploit that fact. I have personally not been a Coach Lassiter critic, I think he does a lot of things quite well. However, I have seen the Greenies play three times this year, and all three times I have seen a fairly undiscplined team (not indicitive of the usual Robert Lassiter coached team). Also, as those who have coached on competitive levels know, you truly can't know who did or did not execute their assignments until you've broken down the film. However, loafing on and off the field, getting late hit penalities, and not playing hard is something any fan can see. And, sadly, that has been the case with the 2010 Greenwaves.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to interject a thought. While I too thought that last nights performance was very troubling as a Gallatin Fan/Alum, I do think that we should be careful to criticize the offensive line for not doing a good job of picking up the blitz packages. Gallatin spent an awful lot of time in an empty set backfield, Hendersonville covered the recievers man to man (5 recievers against 5 dbs). This allowed Hendersonville to bring an unaccounted 6th rusher with which 5 men can not contend. Ironically, the staff didn't seem to adjust wisely at the half and the very aggressive Hendersonville defense continued to exploit that fact. I have personally not been a Coach Lassiter critic, I think he does a lot of things quite well. However, I have seen the Greenies play three times this year, and all three times I have seen a fairly undiscplined team (not indicitive of the usual Robert Lassiter coached team). Also, as those who have coached on competitive levels know, you truly can't know who did or did not execute their assignments until you've broken down the film. However, loafing on and off the field, getting late hit penalities, and not playing hard is something any fan can see. And, sadly, that has been the case with the 2010 Greenwaves.

Observations from the game:

Gallatin:

QB (Smith) is a tough young man. He took a lot of shots in the last 2 weeks. Good player.

WR Woodard, good player, why not mix in some shorter routes?

Other skill players: Banks, Douglas, Perry, etc. Good speed, good athletes

Offensive line: Not very good Friday night, Smith ran for his life a lot

Defensive line: Haynes has enormous potential, got the hat trick with 3 PF penalties/ This unit got whipped soundly in the last 15 minutes of the game

LB- Slagle tough kid, good football player

Hville:

QB (Brown) has to stay away from the big mistake (pick 6). Made an incredible throw to Jones at the end of the half, threw it about 60 yards really flat footed/Has a big league arm

RB (Priddy, Moore, Adams, etc.) Really ran hard Friday night and came up big on some key 3rd and 4th down plays

WR (Jones) good game, great potential with Jones going deep

Offensive line: Great job all night, really took over in the last 15 minutes

Defensive line: Townsend and company had another great game, Smith is probably having nightmares of seeing #57 in his sleep. Bozeman and Gray both played well at LB.

Coaching strategy: Good decision by the staff to come after Smith with 5 or 6 rushers, secondary for the most part did a good job.

Injuries: Howell questionable for next week, needs the holy water