7AA

GoldenBlue

Who's gonna win this district? It should be an exciting yr cuz its more balanced this yr. than it has been in a long long time. Yeah, York has the expierence and talent but do they have the hustle and hard work in them? Some of you may say Upperman,Smith Co., and Jackson Co. But i believe the teams that was weaker this last yr has the good chance of finishing close to the top (Livingston and Dekalb) they r young but they have talent and depth. I'm just looking to hear some ppl's ideas. So give me ur opinions.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very competative district. Every year the teams in 7AA play some of the very best basketball games in the state.

I believe that York will have to be stopped this year. the District is there's to lose. With Tate and Lefew they will be hard to stop.

Upperman has such a history of winning that they will not go away without a hard fight.

Smith and Cannon will be returning several good seniors this year.

Jackson county, Last year they were not expected to be in the hunt losing there big men, but again they will aways be hard to beat. At home they will be tought this year.

DeKalb and Livingston will return a lot of good players. Eather of these could be a surprize. DeKalb has been working very hard, Coach Bond will not want a repeat of the 4 and 19 season they had last year. The key for DeKalb will be can the shooting guards step up this year. Lee Colwell a senior will most likely be point guard this year. Two Juniors, Matt Holmes and Lance Dillard will cary the load in three point land. Last year they had some good games and some bad.

Under the board Destin Farr will get the call again. Being 6' 4" he could stand to be a little taller, But his 210 lbs frame is hard to move out of te way. Also this year shooting from 10' and out will be Matt Stribling, Justin Zollor and Bobby Johnson. Matt is a fighter under the boards Justin and Bobby both have really good jump shoots.

It will be a great year in 7AA.

[Edited by 031653 on 10-4-02 1:37P]

I'm sorry Zeus i can't agree with you on Smith Co. being 2nd. What does everyone see in them all they have is sleeper and he cant carry his team to the regions because the district is strong enough that a one person team can't advance. I may be mistaken but from what i saw last yr he was all they had returning and their jv was weak from what i remember.

Well then what are your pics lets get everyones pics to see what we all think the district will end up like but one thing we do know about this district you never can tell. but york is the obvious for #1 and i think smith co. will surprise alot of people it will be a dog fight between them and upperman for second . the loser of that battle gets third then jackson livingson dekalb and finally cannon just my opinion though . no telling how it will end up though

Well the district is very balanced but here are my picks.

1. York (has the most expierence in the district and probally most tallent)

2. Livingston (young but very talented)

3. Upperman (loss of shanks will hurt them really bad in depth)

4. Cannon Co. (they always play hard nose D and seem to find a way to win)

5,6,and 7 will be toss up between Jackson Co,Smtih Co, and Dekalb

I disagree Gomad. Upperman has a good team but how u can say they r better than livingston and smith. Because both of these teams can play with them. I dont really know what smith has coming back but from the way ppl talk they sound alright. I know that Livingston has post ppl that Upperman cant match up with height wise. Upperman has some quick guards that can pass,dribble, and shoot well but livingston has the same and more of it so i just dont see how you can say its between upperman and york. I maybe wrong thats just my opinion though.