#4GatlinburgPittman at #1Happy Valley

harley2004

That was the skill of the HV player, watch it on the news it shows how well skilled, that what I meant when I said we were by far the better team............WATCH THE NEWS, ITS GREAT.............Go back and read the post, our stupid mistakes like dropping the ball, I have no idea how many times, throwing interceptions, etc..................as I said...............

So there's no such thing as busted coverage. Your superior skilled team was also outgained by over 200 yards. Happy Valley is a solid team and provided a stiff test, but claiming you are the better team in a loss when you are statistically dominated in every category except kick returns makes you look out of touch. There comes a point in time when you must accept the outcome and move forward.

I'm not trying to take anything away Happy Valley. This is the eighth season in a row that GP has played you, and this is one of the best teams I've seen. Congratulations on a good season. I'd love to see y'all added to our schedule as a nonconference game to keep this budding rivalry going.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I was personally expecting a squib quick, but prior to that return, he had been pinned inside the 15 thrice including twice inside the ten. My guess, is Coach Hammonds saw the first TD return as the outlier in that set.

We were pinned because we didn't field the balls cleanly or on the fly. I was equally shock that he went for it on 4th and short (including the fake punt)like 4 straight times at the end of the ballgame. Instead of punting us deep . Can't argue the results, you won. But you gave us several chances to win at the end....just couldn't secure the ball.

I agree. I was personally expecting a squib quick, but prior to that return, he had been pinned inside the 15 thrice including twice inside the ten. My guess, is Coach Hammonds saw the first TD return as the outlier in that set.

The scouting report should have included never kick it to South, He has ran them back all year, took one back on Elizabethton to the 3, ran one back on North and several other teams this year. 2 tonight. Amasing.

So there's no such thing as busted coverage. Your superior skilled team was also outgained by over 200 yards. Happy Valley is a solid team and provided a stiff test, but claiming you are the better team in a loss when you are statistically dominated in every category except kick returns makes you look out of touch. There comes a point in time when you must accept the outcome and move forward.

I'm not trying to take anything away Happy Valley. This is the eighth season in a row that GP has played you, and this is one of the best teams I've seen. Congratulations on a good season. I'd love to see y'all added to our schedule as a nonconference game to keep this budding rivalry going.

I know we were the better team by far............You cant make the mistakes, that we did tonight and expect to win the game, and even with all those stupid mistakes, we still almost beat you......GP took the opportunitys when they were presented, which was very smart, both teams fought hard tonight, it was a great game, we will know that we lost because of our mistakes, not because GP was the better team.......................

The scouting report should have included never kick it to South, He has ran them back all year, took one back on Elizabethton to the 3, ran one back on North and several other teams this year. 2 tonight. Amasing.

That was 2 great plays for him, it was amazing........Not sure what happened the rest of the game lol

If, If, If. Just glad TSSAA hasn't decided to determine wins and losses by almost. Just great to be a GP fan or a fan of the weaker team (lol) cause I get to watch them again Friday night and you get to dream about what happens when you through a horse shoe almost to the stake and the better team throws a ringer. (BTW Most of HV mistakes were forced by GP taking lead and forcing HV to try do things they didn't do well.) Go GP friday night and all the warrior fans can go eat BBQ at the Firehouse or come to Gatlinburg, eat at "The Best" and come watch the two teams that didn't almost beat HV play (and dream about the world of ifs and buts). Enough said.

P.S. Wonder if Ole Miss thinks that they almost beat UT yesterday? Game might have been different without all the mistakes.