The Hydration Test

mikescott

What percentage of state medalists do you think cheated on their hydration test? How serious of an offense do you see this to be? Before people question whether or not kids do this, they for sure do. I don't see scooping as a big deal, at the end of the day all competitors have to make weight and therefore are on an even playing field.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WOULD SAY NO ONE CHEATED ON THEIR HYDRATION TEST. THE ANIMAL SAYES "WINNERS NEVER CHEAT AND CHEATERS NEVER WIN".

THE ANIMAL would be very ignorant if he actually believed that. Winners may not cheat, but sometimes the guy that gets his hand raised at the end of the state tournament scooped water out of the toilet during his hydation test.

What percentage of state medalists do you think cheated on their hydration test? How serious of an offense do you see this to be? Before people question whether or not kids do this, they for sure do. I don't see scooping as a big deal, at the end of the day all competitors have to make weight and therefore are on an even playing field.

Mikescott what is with you? What kind of a question is that - "What percentage of state medalists do you think cheated?" How would anyone know the percentage? Who is going to make the accuasation? It is insulting! You seem to want to argue in all your posts and now this idiotic question.

Mikescott what is with you? What kind of a question is that - "What percentage of state medalists do you think cheated?" How would anyone know the percentage? Who is going to make the accuasation? It is insulting! You seem to want to argue in all your posts and now this idiotic question.

Well would you say half the guys cheated? One quarter? I know I've seen heavies and 215's do it just because the rest of the team was and they wanted to be part of the action. I've seen one kid go in the bathroom with a plastic baggy filled with water to pour in his cup. Others have came out from being tested only to brag about scooping water when the test administrator wasn't looking. Even more have tried to walk in with water already in their mouths. I know for a fact it is done quite often and that it is a large percentage. Is this really cheating? On another note is it really so bad to train during the dead week?

I guess no one has opinions on this subject?

All I know is what our kids go through, and can tell you that we are very strict on making sure everything is done according to the rules. And can only hope that every school is doing the same. Don't think we as adults would be teaching the kids much if we know it is going on, and don't do anything about it.

And I totally disagree with you, they are not on the same field. Some kids can cut to a weight based on the rules, others (based on what you are saying) have to cheat to be able to get to that same weight. Just because they are at the same weight, doesn't mean they both followed the same rules.

All I know is what our kids go through, and can tell you that we are very strict on making sure everything is done according to the rules. And can only hope that every school is doing the same. Don't think we as adults would be teaching the kids much if we know it is going on, and don't do anything about it.

And I totally disagree with you, they are not on the same field. Some kids can cut to a weight based on the rules, others (based on what you are saying) have to cheat to be able to get to that same weight. Just because they are at the same weight, doesn't mean they both followed the same rules.

no wrestler in there right mind that has won state would tell you that they cheated on it but it can go without saying that most people do bend the rules so they could win.

Are you saying that your kid or team whatever doesn't cheat on the hydration test?

I'm saying, that our team does everything we can to make sure the tests are 100% legit. That there is not one case where the person doing the testing allows anyone to slip by with his knowledge, and he looks for things the kids may try to do.

I'm saying, that our team does everything we can to make sure the tests are 100% legit. That there is not one case where the person doing the testing allows anyone to slip by with his knowledge, and he looks for things the kids may try to do.

All the testers are looking for cheaters but i have never heard of them letting them cheat. So as a coach how sure are you that your whole team is honest when it comes to the hydration testing? There is no way to be certain is there? The only people who can stop the cheating is the kids that know about it and still go along with it.