Early signing Period all 8 girls get full rides

Hoopallday

Congrats to all 8 Sr that played on the Nautilus Express Travel team this past year. All 8, through there dedication and drive, received Full Rides to play basketball and continue there education at the next level. This is what it is all about is helping and seeing these young ladies reach there dreams and goals and seeing them become wonderfull young ladies!!! Juli Osbourn(DB)Campbell University, Makensey Campbell(Sullivan South)Western Carolina Univesity, Shelby Hicks(South Greene)USC UpState, Nancy Thacker(Fort Chiswell)Western Carolina University, Ansley Ricker(South Greene)Mars Hill College, Blakely Burleson(TN High)Tusculum, Jaqu Kestner(Sullivan Central)Concord University and Rachel Artrip(Honaker)Concord University.

This is a wonderful accomplishment for these young ladies. They will all be signing in the early period starting tomorrow. We wish you nothing but great success!!

congratulations to all 8 of these girls. You have been diligent and have worked hard and this is your reward for a job well done. But one thing gets left out a little bit in this loop and that is a HUGE thank you to the the AAU Coach, Assistant Coach and Coaches wife who has put in alot of time, energy and expenses over the years to coach these girls through practices, tournaments and travels. They have learned more that basketball from from three of them. They too have learned some valuable life lessons. So a BIG CONGRADS to the girls and congrads and thank you to the coaches.

Congratulations to all 8 of these girls and their accomplishments. I think one group of individuals that have not been considered as important to these accomplishments are the high school coaches. In my opinion they are more directly responsible for the development of these girls as anyone. In some cases the head coaches have been working with these girls since they were in elementary and middle school, if not directly, then indirectly. I think sometimes AAU coaches are given to much credit for the development of a young athlete and what they accomplish when they are merely taking the more developed players from various schools and playing tournaments. I do believe that AAU has a purpose and that many AAU coaches are excellent coaches but I also believe that the high school coach should be given more credit for thier role in the development of these young girls and their accomplishments.

This is probably not a place to argue who was more instumental in these girls careers. But from my experience the single most influential coach in my experience was the middle school coach. And the single most knowledgeable coach was the AAU coach. Techniques learned in Justin Wimmers presence are skills I have yet to see replicated at the high school level regardless of the program. And I am talking about basic skills. Albeit, college level basic skills. And that is why these girls are getting the recognition they are getting. Is that they have been taught skill sets that are of the college level. These skills were not taught in high school and any of these girls will testify to that. Wimmer is not an easy man to play for but his dedication is far superior to most any dedication level I have witnessed in any setting. Please coach, don't leave us yet. Signed...Greatful.

This is probably not a place to argue who was more instumental in these girls careers. But from my experience the single most influential coach in my experience was the middle school coach. And the single most knowledgeable coach was the AAU coach. Techniques learned in Justin Wimmers presence are skills I have yet to see replicated at the high school level regardless of the program. And I am talking about basic skills. Albeit, college level basic skills. And that is why these girls are getting the recognition they are getting. Is that they have been taught skill sets that are of the college level. These skills were not taught in high school and any of these girls will testify to that. Wimmer is not an easy man to play for but his dedication is far superior to most any dedication level I have witnessed in any setting. Please coach, don't leave us yet. Signed...Greatful.

Comp,

I totally agree, if anyone can name 2 high school coaches in each division A, AA and AAA in upper NE TN that teach fundementals, the game and always put the best on the floor please list them. I sure a lot of good players would like to play for them. It is sad the state that so called ADs and coaches have let their programs sink to. The girls that work to get their skills to the next level are often resented by other teammates, parents and sometimes coaches because it makes them all work harder. I think it was posted somewhere earlier girls high school bball is becoming more irrevelvant to get to the next level with other options available to the ones willing to work.

From what i have been and seen from the players on the floor ...TN , SHHS, Eliz, Old Unicoi, Boone, Greenville, Chambers when at Unaka...are all good examples of coaches who put the best on the floor. Sounds to me like Comp is just made at the South coach and this is a way to take another shot. Anyone can win with cherry picking talent.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. While my daughter is appreciative of all the coaches that helped her to get where she is, her AAU/exposure coach has been the most instrumental in developing her talent--bar none. She has been under his instruction since she was eleven, what high school coach can claim that? (At least not ethically :roflol: ) Most girls practice with their AAU coach more throughout the year and for longer periods of time without the constraints of academic eligibility or TSSAA dead periods. AAU utilizes a shot clock which demands better coaching resulting in the teaching and learning of more sophisticated offensive sets and man-to-man defense. That's certainly not to say that there aren't some very good high school coaches out there, I'm simply stating that most players spend more quality time with their AAU/exposure coaches and it comes down to time-on-task.

From what i have been and seen from the players on the floor ...TN , SHHS, Eliz, Old Unicoi, Boone, Greenville, Chambers when at Unaka...are all good examples of coaches who put the best on the floor. Sounds to me like Comp is just made at the South coach and this is a way to take another shot. Anyone can win with cherry picking talent.

I'm not mad at anyone. And when you say cherry picking talent you need to understand what you are referring to. Cherry picked talent playing against cherry picked talent all across the country. These so called cherry picked teams are playing the best of the best and for only one reason. To secure a college scholarship. When you see the actual coaches from Division I schools at these tournaments then you get a grip on the weight of the situation. When was the last time you saw an actual Division I coach on a scouting venture at any of your high school games? Yes, there are wonderful high school coaches. And there are top shelf programs. But most understand that Division I rides are a product of premier AAU organizations. Possibly Science Hill is one good exception.

Thank you Computman and BBallExtreme. You obviously are someone that knows this program. And I do not know much about your high school program, nor do I care too. Because this note was from PERSONAL experience. This is not to attack any High School program. To Get the job done and see the results that have been achieved it has to be done in the off season. If you have ever heard anything regarding basketball ability and this comes from some of the BEST Coaches out ther ie. Pat Summitt and many many other Head Basketball coaches. They all will tell you that your best is developed in the off season. For 1 and only 1 that I am speaking for, her best development came in the off season. High School coaches get to stand up and take the credit when most of these girls sign and not many times is the AAU coach acknowledge. But in our case it is vital to us that these three coaches ALSO get the recognition that is due them. I am so sorry if some of you that replied is a HS coach and you have had you feelings hurt, or are a not so good AAU coach, or someone who has not had a positive AAU experience. I feel for you......