Smyrna vs. Blackman

seantn_4

i heard end of 3rd on radio and all of 4th....4th i will give you the second part of the third sounded pretty dead locked...

I said going in we had to play our best to win. First half three interceptions one returned to the 20 and got no pionts out of any of that. Including a missed 37 yard field goal. I thought the first game we got out coached, I thought we failed to adjust to what you guys were giving up. Second game play calling was better but we had blown blocking assignments combined with extreemly bad tacking on crucial plays. The 83 yarder was two missed tackles by a lineman and linebacker combined with a terrible angle taken by the db. I thought the offensive line played soild but we wiffed on some blitzes that cost us dearly at the time. :popcorneater:

Well what I saw early was a team ( Blackman ) that gave the ball to a very talented RB ( Mathers ) and he tried to run left, right and up the middle with little or no success. Symrna' s defense did exactly what they needed to do. They forced Blackman intotrying to pass and then they began to attack the young QB from

different angles forcing him to throw quick and hurried passes.

I was surprised that Blackman didn't try a screen to Mathers and use him in the passing game more. I was also surprised that they didn't utilize the FB more. I think he ran the ball twice. Once for about three yards and another time for seventeen.

Its easy to sit here now and second guess the coaches or even the players. I know when I played and watched film I could see things I would've done different. I know the coaches would sometimes say he should have called a blitz or different coverage. Its always easier in the film room. Atleast to see the things you would do different. It still doesn't take the sting of losing away.

Just saying.

Rather you want to accept it or not Blackman controlled the second half. Once we figured out how to throw it and who to throw it to we moved the ball at will. Overall I thought Smyrna played bad enough to lose but Blackman did not play good enough to win. Smynra scored off of three big plays. 83 yard td run on 2nd 25, a 40 pass to our 5 and the 46 yd back breaker by Wilson to our 3. We knew what we had to do, but did not get it done.

Don't get me wrong you guys had something to do with that but it was far from dominate! :popcorneater:

Lets see we had almost 300 yards rushing on the mighty Blackman defense without our star running back playing much, 4 rushes I think. So dominate, gave you 3 chances with the interceptions and still did not score starting on our side of the 50 2 of the 3 times and once from around our 28 . And that was even without Deon healthy. So I would say DOMINATED yes if Bryson would of been healthy probably would of ended up with around 400 to 500 yards rushing team total. Not to mention the the difference he would of made in your passing game had Bryson played defense all game not just the first half. Correct me if I am wrong I think you guys made most of your yards passing when he was out in the second half. I think our defense held your star running back to around 120 yards on 23 carries about 150 yards less then his average and a total of 74 yards the first game for an average of under 100 yards a game I feel that is BIG TIME DOMINATED because your running back is great no other team held him anywhere close to 100 yards. So give credit where credit is due

Edited by BullyDog

Well what I saw early was a team ( Blackman ) that gave the ball to a very talented RB ( Mathers ) and he tried to run left, right and up the middle with little or no success. Symrna' s defense did exactly what they needed to do. They forced Blackman intotrying to pass and then they began to attack the young QB from

different angles forcing him to throw quick and hurried passes.

I was surprised that Blackman didn't try a screen to Mathers and use him in the passing game more. I was also surprised that they didn't utilize the FB more. I think he ran the ball twice. Once for about three yards and another time for seventeen.

Its easy to sit here now and second guess the coaches or even the players. I know when I played and watched film I could see things I would've done different. I know the coaches would sometimes say he should have called a blitz or different coverage. Its always easier in the film room. Atleast to see the things you would do different. It still doesn't take the sting of losing away.

Just saying.

Saying that they should have used the fullback more is not second guessing considering he ran all over us the first time we played blackman . i was praying that #34 didnt run the ball much and my prayers came through. I am too surprised that they didnt throw mathers the screen more in the 4th. It says a lot about our players and coaching when you realize we beat a very good blackman team after giving up three turnovers while using 2nd and 3rd string RB's.

i am very proud of this team !

That game was so one sided, if anything Blackman got lucky on one of their touchdowns because two smyrna players collided with that long pass as opposed to smyrna's runningbacks running over the blackman defenders. The first half I was sitting their thinking, "All they want is a first down." Blackman got slammed that game. It actually looked like blackman got more yards on that one interception than they did the whole first half. By the way losing to a team once, (that is a close score) I can see where people could argue that one team is better than the other. However, losing twice will not win an argument and bringing up that blackman is better than smyrna is just an ignorant person. You don't lose to a team twice and say you are better than the team you lost to. Logically doesn't make since.

That game was so one sided, if anything Blackman got lucky on one of their touchdowns because two smyrna players collided with that long pass as opposed to smyrna's runningbacks running over the blackman defenders. The first half I was sitting their thinking, "All they want is a first down." Blackman got slammed that game. It actually looked like blackman got more yards on that one interception than they did the whole first half. By the way losing to a team once, (that is a close score) I can see where people could argue that one team is better than the other. However, losing twice will not win an argument and bringing up that blackman is better than smyrna is just an ignorant person. You don't lose to a team twice and say you are better than the team you lost to. Logically doesn't make since.

Hey anonymous you should change your screen name to imaidiot, if you think either game was less than a one score game. Nobody ever said Blackman was better team.

Smyrna has State Championship talent ( I have said it all year), but they will have to win it on the field not on coacht.

I will say this yall better get it this year, cause next year it falls off some. After that it gets really ugly. :popcorneater:

Also you used since in the wrong context, you should have used sense. In addition to use "Logically" and "dosen't make sense" as it relates to each other is an oxymoron. An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora) (from Greek ὀξÏμωÏον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines normally-contradictory terms. Oxymorons appear in a variety of contexts, including inadvertent errors such as extremely average and literary oxymorons crafted to reveal a paradox.

Hope that helps!

Edited by mykidsdad

Hey anonymous you should change your screen name to imaidiot, if you think either game was less than a one score game. Nobody ever said Blackman was better team.

Smyrna has State Championship talent ( I have said it all year), but they will have to win it on the field not on coacht.

I will say this yall better get it this year, cause next year it falls off some. After that it gets really ugly. :popcorneater:

Also you used since in the wrong context, you should have used sense. In addition to use "Logically" and "dosen't make sense" as it relates to each other is an oxymoron. An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora) (from Greek ὀξÏμωÏον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines normally-contradictory terms. Oxymorons appear in a variety of contexts, including inadvertent errors such as extremely average and literary oxymorons crafted to reveal a paradox.

Hope that helps!

I think you were being pretty ugly in your post there. :roflol:

Sorry. Couldn't pass that one up.