Smyrna vs. Blackman

seantn_4

see my post above...

and what did you want me to say..."this will be my son's last high school game"?

nah...could not...would not...should not do that! :thumb:

I know, just kidding you a bit. It sucks that is the way it ended. I really do wish he had one more game so you could see it end. Not that i wanted the Bulldogs to lose. Just hate it for you that you did not get to see it. From what i understand that will not be his last football game though. Good luck with the wrestling season. Don't be a stranger on the football page. Later.

Edited by milo118

WOW WOW nothing about congrats to Smyrna who but the way beat you guys twice this year, or congrats to the Smyrna coaching staff, who by the way is very underappreciated on here(COACH T).To come up with a gameplan twice. and have the players ready twice,and to beat the hall of famer Shadowens twice, well I just think you might want to make another post after your intial post.

They are not going to get any respect. That was my point in an earlier post of mine. They have been called things like "The Wonder Brothers" for a while. For a while now a lot of Bulldogs fans did not believe in them. I was one of them and as it turns out they are pretty dang good. Team after team have thought they where going to come in and beat the Bulldogs because of coaching. These coaches are night and day different compared to last year. Each and every game they have had a solid game plan. Second half adjustments where non-existent last year. This year you can tell the game has slowed down for them. Made many well timed adjustments. All year we have heard nothing but can the coaching keep up with the talent. The true question is can the other coaches keep up with ours. This year they have faced many longtime coaches with impressive resumes and come out victorious. So you have to stand back and judge the entire body of work 8-5,5-5, and so far 12-1 (25-11 overall for .694 wing percentage). From where i stand it looks pretty good. Go Dawgs!!!

A farewell message from the one and only Mr. Donkey.

Save it pal. nobody cares to listen anymore. You have now come "Dump" twice and twice you have been beaten. That has to sting. That smell you have on you is called but whoopin. It doesn't wash off. That stays with you for a while. Get use to it.

Well first I'd like to send congratulations to both teams on a great year. I was very impressed with Smyrna's D. Very physical and very fast. They ran to the ball better than any defense I've seen in a while. Good luck in Memphis.

I think Smyrna's stadium is far from a dump, but was very disappointed in the seating. This was very sad and as a host you should be ashamed. It might be time for the booster club to get together and look for a expansion benefit.

You have a top rated program. Now its time for some upgrades to your facilities.

I'm pulling for the Bulldogs the rest of the way. Good luck and bring home the title back to middle TN.

Totally impartial observer here who drove to Smyrna to watch two great teams play. THe onside kick ranks up there as one of the biggest bonehead coaching moves I have ever seen. If Blackman kicks it deep there, it would have gotten real interesting. Also, first and 10 Blackman on their own 15 or so, 4.5 minutes to go and you put the game in the qb's hands and not Mather's? Just sayin......

@tandem, yes your right on all accounts because you coach what exactly? Ppl aren't perfect and coaches are ppl. I think ppl forget that sometimes and I think they also forget sometimes that it's easy to place blame on the coaches who never set foot on the field.... At some point u have to stop blaming your coaches and just admit that your "perfect" child may have made a mistake.

Something else I must ask. When are the adults on here going to let go of the "beat Shad beat Shad" stuff? I didn't noticed him playing last night or week 2. Everyone regardless of what team u are from needs to stop making it personal it's a high school football game and instead of saying "we beat blackman" y'all say conrats on beating Shad? If I were a Smyrna player I personally would b sick to death of hearing that, wondering why it's always about him and not about me and my teammates....

@tandem, yes your right on all accounts because you coach what exactly? Ppl aren't perfect and coaches are ppl. I think ppl forget that sometimes and I think they also forget sometimes that it's easy to place blame on the coaches who never set foot on the field.... At some point u have to stop blaming your coaches and just admit that your "perfect" child may have made a mistake.

Wow dude, mix in some decaff. I'm just an old geezer that likes high school football. I don't have a dog in this fight other than to call like I see em.

As for the game Blackman didn't play great Smyrna did. Blackman lost Smyrna won. Good luck Smyrna you're the only ones left so bring that gold ball home! And make sure u leave all valueables and personal items at home and lock ur doors lol!

I would not say 3 interceptions is great considering you got the ball on your side of the 50 twice. Our defense played the way the WE HAVE ALL YEAR, GREAT and if our offense would of played great and Bryson would of been healthy the score would of been different. Does not Matter we won!!!!Can't you just say Smyrna is the better team. We stopped you two times. We stopped Brentwood two times and you know the saying it is hard to beat a good team Twice in the same year!!!! GREAT COACHING and GREAT GAME GUYS The DNJ said Bryson's injury could be the difference in the game NOT!!!!

I would not say 3 interceptions is great considering you got the ball on your side of the 50 twice. Our defense played the way the WE HAVE ALL YEAR, GREAT and if our offense would of played great and Bryson would of been healthy the score would of been different. Does not Matter we won!!!!Can't you just say Smyrna is the better team. We stopped you two times. We stopped Brentwood two times and you know the saying it is hard to beat a good team Twice in the same year!!!! GREAT COACHING and GREAT GAME GUYS The DNJ said Bryson's injury could be the difference in the game NOT!!!!

The American bull dog agrees ! :thumb: