jackson northside at ridgeway

big_mike0307

Visionaire, I completely understand where u r coming from, but as u said (see bolded/underlined statement) Walton and Dawson are something serious... #1 Dawson had three carries for 72 yards and 2 TDs last week... Visionaire, do u understand how crazy that is?!?!? Walton is the Mr. Football candidate but I dare say Dawson is a better athlete. Not better like he should get the ball more, but better in the fact that once he (Dawson) finally touches the football in the 2nd half he is a HOUSE CALL WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!

I would like to do a small compare and contrast real quick. Now I was a youngster when Melrose went to 3 str8 State Championship games in 90s (96-98). Now I am not saying that Ridgeway will be doin that, but I do want to compare the FACT that Melrose had No PAT game (they always went for 2); I doubt that they had a great punter, but what they did do was win the State 2 out 3 years(96 and 98) with the lack of a kicking game. I think Ridgeway's D along with that duo of Running backs can compensate for their lack of kicking, but we will know around 10 pm Friday. :thumb:

To be specific it was a total of 5 points in 3 years that cost Melrose potentially 3 State Championships. However, there is a difference...Melrose did have a kickoff person that could get the ball relatively deep. R'way continues the "huddle" kick scenario and is likely to either onside or slam squib hoping to hit an front linemen. They do have the option of also kicking deep (if you call to the 30 deep). The opponents I've seen had an average "starting" field position around their own 40 (leaving a 60 yd field), hence a "short field." Punting is almost non-existent for the Roadrunners, therefore on a 4th down change of possession, there is not much change in the way of field position. If you punt the ball an average of 20 yds and your opponents average only 35 yds per punt, you lose 15 yds of field position every change of possession. R'way often goes for 4th down relying on a pretty good defense to allow them to take offensive chances. We'll see how it works out over the course of 4 quarters. Again, I'm a Ridgeway fan, however, the kicking game concerns me!!!

Visionaire, I completely understand where u r coming from, but as u said (see bolded/underlined statement) Walton and Dawson are something serious... #1 Dawson had three carries for 72 yards and 2 TDs last week... Visionaire, do u understand how crazy that is?!?!? Walton is the Mr. Football candidate but I dare say Dawson is a better athlete. Not better like he should get the ball more, but better in the fact that once he (Dawson) finally touches the football in the 2nd half he is a HOUSE CALL WAITING TO HAPPEN!!! ...

:thumb:

BlackHavenSenator, I'd like to piggy-back on your comments.

-------------------------------------------------

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Starting Tailback -- Jalen Walton is an excellent, quick and speedy little RB. He certainly gets all the "press" and on-field attention.

Backup Tailback--Sheldon Dawson, on the other hand....

I'll sum it up by just saying, WOW! WOW! WOW!

Folks, I'm here to tell you-- Dawson is a flat out GAME-CHANGER!!!! That kid is one outstanding, BLAZING FAST (faster than Walton, if you can imagine that), elusive running back with some serious RB instincts. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field. I don't know his 40-yard dash time, but it would not surprise me at all to hear that he runs a 4.30 or 4.40. Heck, I'd even believe a 4.25!! Once this kid gets just a sliver of daylight...its "Katy, bar the door!" Nobody's gonna catch him.

Walton will likely get 70% of the rushes, whereas Dawson will get the rest.

Nothing against Walton (I do love him as a RB, btw) but, IMHO, Ridgeway is doing its opposition a huge favor by giving Dawson such few reps! Additionally, opponents should be downright grateful that Ridgeway (for some inexplicable reason) does not utilize the "Wildcat" in its offense, featuring both Dawson AND Walton @ the same time! Man, you talk about an offense going from explosive dynamite to a nuclear eruption... Now, THAT's one scary proposition for the opposition.

• Upvote 1

NS by 7- 10 if officating is fair as in most cases sadly its not..

At the end of the day (from what I know about Ridgeway), I have a sneaking suspicion that the refs and Ridgeway's "kicking game" will effectively prove to be non-factors.

I'll even BOLDLY add this prediction: If Ridgeway's passing game gets untracked, especially early.....LOOK OUT! It's probably gonna be a very, very long night for Jackson Northside. Do not be shocked to see Ridgeway go on to make JNS look like a pretty average team.

The kicker and punter help dictate field position. You have a kicking game and the opponent doesn't, you get short fields and they get long fields..This does make quite a difference. Also, NS doesn't come in 12-0 because they can't score or play defense. I'm pulling for R'way..I just formulated and expressed my opinion. We'll see how it plays out!

Believe me, I understand what you're saying about field position. I'm just saying that a team as talented as Ridgeway will not be held back by their kicking game. Most other teams I could agree with. I just think this team is far too good to have that even become a factor.

John Varlas of the Commercial Appeal wrote an article that I thought was apropos; however I have an issue with the title. This is a QUARTERFINAL game ... not a semi-final game. You would think that the Commercial Appeal would catch something like that before it went to print. Oh well ... none of us are perfect, but that is downright inexcusable. Anyway ... here is a link to the article.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/nov/18/prep-football-semifinal-showdown-worthy-of-title/

Enjoy. I learened some things when I read the article.

John Varlas of the Commercial Appeal wrote an article that I thought was apropos; however I have an issue with the title. This is a QUARTERFINAL game ... not a semi-final game. You would think that the Commercial Appeal would catch something like that before it went to print. Oh well ... none of us are perfect, but that is downright inexcusable. Anyway ... here is a link to the article.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/nov/18/prep-football-semifinal-showdown-worthy-of-title/

Enjoy. I learened some things when I read the article.

Hey kwc or TraderB, this is off the subject but I would be interested to hear your response. Was Mitchell not as good as I thought? I know that Hardin County was not very good even by their standards so I was shocked that when they beat Mitchell. How did that happen?

Hey kwc or TraderB, this is off the subject but I would be interested to hear your response. Was Mitchell not as good as I thought? I know that Hardin County was not very good even by their standards so I was shocked that when they beat Mitchell. How did that happen?

Mitchell hit a tail-spin at the midpoint of the season and couldn't pull out of the spiral! Hardin Co. was subpar this year, however, McAdams is as solid as they come. He did alot with very, very little. It was enough against Mitchell

At the end of the day (from what I know about Ridgeway), I have a sneaking suspicion that the refs and Ridgeway's "kicking game" will effectively prove to be non-factors.

I'll even BOLDLY add this prediction: If Ridgeway's passing game gets untracked, especially early.....LOOK OUT! It's probably gonna be a very, very long night for Jackson Northside. Do not be shocked to see Ridgeway go on to make JNS look like a pretty average team.

You get no argument from me as to the quality of R'ways players. They have more and better athletes than NS will bring Fri, however, if the Roadrunners go down,,I expect the kicking game and field position will be the culprit.