Who's Who in the BRAC?

haywood808

I didn't see a new thread for the BRAC, so what are everyone's thoughts? I made it to the HOF game with Morristown West and South Greene Thursday and was shocked by the turnovers from both teams. South Greene will need to keep control of the ball to be on top this year, but they typically peak right about Christmas. Ansley had a great game with 3 treys and several steals and rebounds. Hicks seemed to have matured a lot from last season and did great and I was also impressed with Jenna Shaw. My biggest shock came from the Victoria Franklin girl. Does anyone know who she is and where she came from...I heard West Greene? She looks like she could take up where Crum left off with some excellent defense...not to mention 8 points.

It looked like Greeneville had a good game Thursday as well without Story. They lost a couple of key starters but they still have some great athletes. I don't know much about the other BRAC teams....so please feel me in.

SG working on bringing it together. Working out the little nervouse jitters. Franklin transfered end of last season from WG. Turnovers were horrific when played MW, but from what I hear SG played Unaka Saturday night. There were only 1/3 of the turnovers that occured against MW. They put in the bench 4th period and it closed the gap. Was thirly point lead and finished with twenty. All done very well. Hicks working hard getting back on court. Been down 6 1/2 months from knee surgery. What I hear, team is really pulling together tightly....

SG working on bringing it together. Working out the little nervouse jitters. Franklin transfered end of last season from WG. Turnovers were horrific when played MW, but from what I hear SG played Unaka Saturday night. There were only 1/3 of the turnovers that occured against MW. They put in the bench 4th period and it closed the gap. Was thirly point lead and finished with twenty. All done very well. Hicks working hard getting back on court. Been down 6 1/2 months from knee surgery. What I hear, team is really pulling together tightly....

I was surprised at both teams watching SG and MW. Can't imagine either coach was happy with that game. SG still playing tough physical game. Looks like MW basically has a new bench. Only recognized a couple of MW players but maybe there are more I just don't remember. But season is just beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

All other BRAC teams. Word of wisdom. When you go to Grainger to play. The door going to dressing room swings freely and does not have shocks to control door. It will slam against the metal plate on the wall. If the door slams your team will be accused of being unsportsman like by their fans.....

All other BRAC teams. Word of wisdom. When you go to Grainger to play. The door going to dressing room swings freely and does not have shocks to control door. It will slam against the metal plate on the wall. If the door slams your team will be accused of being unsportsman like by their fans.....

Don't know where you get your information from. The door does not swing freely, it does have shocks and there is tension on the door. It takes effort to slam it against the wall. The metal plate you speak of does not exist, there should be no need for one if the door isn't slammed by unsportsmanlike players. Need to check your facts next time NE15.

I was really wanting to stay out of the Grainger/South Greene drama, but after reading this read and the Greeneville vs South Greene thread, I have to respond. I wasn't at the game so I don't really know what happened. I do know most of these girls; however, and to hear them being bashed is an insult to all involved. IF they were slamming the door, I can imagine they were extremely frustrated and disappointed in themselves. Often when a player does something "stupid" on the court they will smack the floor or wall or whatever is closest. While it isn't the best thing to do, I don't think it screams unsportsmanlike. I can't imagine any of these girls were slamming doors because they felt they were at a disadvantage, just disappointed in themselves. The Lady Rebels typically start their year off on a bad foot and that seems to be the case this year. As they practice more together and begin to work as a team they will be a different team. Just from the comments, it appears that SG is still making a lot of silly errors. I have faith in them and believe they will be just fine when it matters most. Again, I don't come to CoachT and begin dogging a bunch of teenagers. That is unsportsmanlike, unless you are a teenager yourself. And I have no doubt that Ashley probably deserved a technical...she is rough, but she is a very sweet girl. She gets physical and sometimes she tries to hard, but that doesn't change who she is as a person. Ansley and Alora are Coach Ricker's kids and I had him as an Algebra and Geometry teacher in high school and I promise you that if he sees either of his girls behaving in an unsportsmanlike way....he WILL handle it. Shelby is an excellent example of the kind of person I mentioned earlier who gets frustrated in herself. When she is doing badly, she will smack the floor. It has nothing to do with anyone but her. She is very kind and tender hearted and doesn't want to let anyone down. I don't know much about Maelyn, but Basketball is very important to her and she probably gets a lot of pressure at home. I can imagine she doesn't want to let anyone down either. Javan is the daughter of devout christian parents and the granddaughter of a church pastor. If she were to behave as stated, she would be in big trouble too. I think it is important to remember that these are kids we are talking about and I don't know about you, but kids tend to respond immaturely on occasion. Just from reading some of the girls Facebook posts, it appears they endured a hard core practice this week. I imagine they will bounce back and make us proud. I will be proud of them regardless, but I am not concerned that they lost a game. It happens.

To all other BRAC teams. I checked all the doors in Grainger's Gym. All have "closers", and they have enough tension on them to prevent an accidental "slamming". When it happend it's intentional. There are "shocks" on the doors and they are working, and were when South Greene showed their unsportsmanlike immaturity after being beaten by a better team. There is NO metal plate on the wall behind the door, but there is a rubber shock absorber there with a metal retainer. For the door to even come close to touching that metal retainer, it would have to be slammed violently. Our Assistant Principal offered to hold the door open for the team so they would not damage it, but the SG Coach told him he would pay for any damage and they didn't need his help. I don't know what NE15 calls unsportmanlike, but I believe the Lady Rebels and their Coach have given it an new meaning on this one! Whine on NE15....we had the door checked that night and the "closer/shock" was working just fine, and the rubber bumper behind the door was working as well...that is unless you slam the door back! If you can't act better than that after being beaten by a better team, then maybe you need to play elsewhere.

Edited by BEARCLAW

I was really wanting to stay out of the Grainger/South Greene drama, but after reading this read and the Greeneville vs South Greene thread, I have to respond. I wasn't at the game so I don't really know what happened. I do know most of these girls; however, and to hear them being bashed is an insult to all involved. IF they were slamming the door, I can imagine they were extremely frustrated and disappointed in themselves. Often when a player does something "stupid" on the court they will smack the floor or wall or whatever is closest. While it isn't the best thing to do, I don't think it screams unsportsmanlike. I can't imagine any of these girls were slamming doors because they felt they were at a disadvantage, just disappointed in themselves. The Lady Rebels typically start their year off on a bad foot and that seems to be the case this year. As they practice more together and begin to work as a team they will be a different team. Just from the comments, it appears that SG is still making a lot of silly errors. I have faith in them and believe they will be just fine when it matters most. Again, I don't come to CoachT and begin dogging a bunch of teenagers. That is unsportsmanlike, unless you are a teenager yourself. And I have no doubt that Ashley probably deserved a technical...she is rough, but she is a very sweet girl. She gets physical and sometimes she tries to hard, but that doesn't change who she is as a person. Ansley and Alora are Coach Ricker's kids and I had him as an Algebra and Geometry teacher in high school and I promise you that if he sees either of his girls behaving in an unsportsmanlike way....he WILL handle it. Shelby is an excellent example of the kind of person I mentioned earlier who gets frustrated in herself. When she is doing badly, she will smack the floor. It has nothing to do with anyone but her. She is very kind and tender hearted and doesn't want to let anyone down. I don't know much about Jaelyn, but Basketball is very important to her and she probably gets a lot of pressure at home. I can imagine she doesn't want to let anyone down either. Javan is the daughter of devout christian parents and the granddaughter of a church pastor. If she were to behave as stated, she would be in big trouble too. I think it is important to remember that these are kids we are talking about and I don't know about you, but kids tend to respond immaturely on occasion. Just from reading some of the girls Facebook posts, it appears they endured a hard core practice this week. I imagine they will bounce back and make us proud. I will be proud of them regardless, but I am not concerned that they lost a game. It happens.

The Lady Rebels "bashed" themselves on this one. This was NOT frustration. If you are defending their childish behavior and asking the Grainger folks to just look the other way because it's early in the season and they usually act this way out of frustration, then you need to stay away from the games! Smacking the floor or a wall is one thing, but for that door to make the noise it did, it had to be slammed backwards violently. The tension on the door "closer" prevents accidental slams. These were not from frustration...they were intentional. Since you weren't there, you have no clue! Evidently Javan is in big trouble because the team did exactly what has been described. You can be proud of your "girls" all you want. I would be ashamed of the Lady Grizzlies had they acted like the Lady Rebels and Coaches did at Grainger High. You can bet I would not be on here praising and supporting unsportsmanlike actions such as they exhibited after that game. Shame on a teacher who supports such behavior. NO wonder they acted like they did!